From Geneva to Le Mans -REVIEW 1 OUT

thanks, im glad it finally fits better

(question for the judges)
are ground effects/underbody based aero legal on the race car?

2 Likes

It is most definitely the other way round since LMH rules do not require you to actually do a road car. It’s optional.

Other Alfa guy here, let’s just say things at the factory have gone a little busy (read: i had a rough week), so i’ll get this thing into the review queue very soon.

And yeah, I’ve got the “two Alfas” thing covered; so since we’re going racing, i’m naming this thing under the glorious Autodelta brand. You know, the mad lads that built all the racing Alfas in the 60s, and were so good the entire operation became the de facto Reparto Corse for Alfa? Talk about outsourcing going well.

2 Likes

At the risk of sounding like a certain prolific forum commenter, the hosts have specifically expressed their disapproval for conventionally shaped prototypes (such as the Vandervell) in this challenge. Road legality has little to do with how the car is shaped overall.

To paraphrase Kookie’s words, the cars should (to my understanding) be shaped like a road car first and race car second, not vice versa.

6 Likes

Tried to go a bit more “hyper”

1 Like

Definitely more extreme than your last attempt, and closer to a flagship hypercar than a mid-range supercar.

1 Like

i would abide by the old adage of “if it’s not strictly banned, go for it.”
I’m using a primarily ground effects package as well, with more emphasis on not making it look like a travesty on wheels this time

Evolutionary not revolutionary
After being called out for using the same design from 2013 the company splurged on a re-design
new front and rear facias side vents and with the power of a Sawzall a whole new green house with a more proportional shape

7 Likes

I would say that if you removed the triangular piece at the front and replaced it with a more subtle triangle piece pointed downward rather than forward, it may help with the aesthetics.

2 Likes

Imo, it still looks like a boutique supercar rather than a full on hypercar.

How? I don’t see that personally

i agree with mountain goat on this. it just looks like a supercar with some wings and aero tacked on, almost like its pretending to be an apollo project evo/something similar.

Petition to extend the deadline by a week or two.

2 Likes

agreed

some of these projects are too big to complete in less than a week to go
(for example, i still have to finish my race car, do a livery, put the final touches on the road car, and make a presentation, all in a week, whilist having a life in the process)

Here’s my racecar progress as of now.

Comparison to the road car

1 Like

that is a lot of fins

1 Like

I do agree, this is literally me

Some Announcements

First, we noticed several people wanted extensions, which is fair given this challenge requires two cars to participate. As a result, we are pushing the submission deadline back to 5 March 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.

We also noticed a large volume of people submitting entries for feedback. This is great, but we want to set a deadline for the feedback so we can keep up with entries and provide enough time for people to incorporate our suggestions into their work. We will set our feedback deadline to the original deadline - 20 February 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.

Additionally, you may have noticed a certain head of lettuce giving advice in the main Discord server. The news may have slipped out early, but it is our pleasure to officially announce @kookie will join the judging team. Welcome kookie!

15 Likes

I understand that, with my agreement, chiefzach2018 has put out an announcement late this afternoon that I am now judging the LMH challenge. This is right and I have joined the judging team. I will be judging the LMH challenge for the rest of the challenge period.

11 Likes

I went ahead and removed the a pillar from my car, to make the greenhouse more modern. Also got this badass shot in the process
{edit}
Just realized this is the 100th message in this thread!

2 Likes