Fuel type has low availability?

I have a problem with fuel for my performance engines.

I can see from the market tab when each market area bans leaded fuel which is realistic for sure.

But why do I still get “fuel type has low availability” -message for super leaded fuel when no leaded ban is in effect?

Can someone give me the correct years for which each fuel type is really available in each market region?

Just because a country had regular fuel doesn’t mean they have access to the higher octane fuels. It’s like saying that a country should have Ultimate fuel everywhere because they have low quality fuel. What I don’t understand is that a car that uses low quality fuel can’t run on richer fuels, and raise the availability more.

That kind of makes sense; but in order to design my engines right, I would still have to know the key years when the various fuel types become more available and stop being fully available; can anyone help me with that?

I have things to do today, unfortunately, but I would probably go about it like this:
[ul]]Build two engines in 1940: one running Regular Leaded, one running Super Leaded./:m]
]Build an engine in 1960 running Low Quality./:m]
]Build an engine in 1970 running Regular./:m]
]Build an engine in 1985 running Premium./:m]
]Build an engine in 1990 running Super./:m]
]Build an engine in 1995 running Ultimate./:m]
]Build cars for each engine in the same year as the engine. Give them all maximum safety - +15 body panels in steel or carbon fibre, +15 chassis in steel or carbon fibre, +15 Advanced Safety (whatever’s unlocked) - so you can avoid the “safety too low” issue confounding matters. (Probably unnecessary, but I’d do it because it’s easy.)/:m]
]For each car, go into the Market Tab and tick forward year by year in each region, noting which years it says “fuel type has low availability”./:m][/ul]

Here are some numbers on fuel availability that was in a spreadsheet made by Robert.

I can’t guaranty all those numbers are correct, especially when it comes to leaded fuel in Gasmea and Fruinia, but it should give you a good ball park.

Also, there is a leaded fuel ban at some point in all 3 countries, which obviously would cause desirability issues.

For what year though?
Leaded fuel are banned sometime in the 70s for Fruinia and Gasmea, and 1985 for Archana.

I think those numbers are always applicable when the fuel is available in game, except for the leaded fuel ones, but don’t quote me on that.

Also, please don’t quote the entire post above yours, it clutters the thread for no reason and it’s against forum rules.

When you build an engine that runs on 80 octane(the lowest) it should have 100% fuel availability.
But ingame that doesn’t happen, you build a 91 engine and you have ofr example 14%. You go back a change it to 95 and you get 17%. Doesn’t make sense.

[quote=“PMP1337”]When you build an engine that runs on 80 octane(the lowest) it should have 100% fuel availability.
But ingame that doesn’t happen, you build a 91 engine and you have ofr example 14%. You go back a change it to 95 and you get 17%. Doesn’t make sense.[/quote]

I think that will be fixed with the future octane system which btw makes a lot more sense.

Yes, we move away from selecting a fuel octane, with that you will be able to run on the next higher fuel grade.

On the next higher or on all the higher ones?

All the higher ones of course.

Shouldn’t the availability of all type of fuel be checked more easily in the market panel? since it should be a easy and necessary job for a car company

It should be presented even earlier than the market tab. It should be on the engine tab so you know what markets will have fuel for your engine.

I just came up an idea: just add a property menu (I don’t know how it’s called exactly. You know, the one that shows the parts’s weight, cost…ect…)when you selecting fuel type, and shows “availability in XXX: Low; availability in YYY: Massive…”

This is probably more suite for campaign mode, but
Personally I think we should research a sales region in advance to see what requirements and restrictions are present.
That way we know what we need to build if we don’t have anything suitable already.

To that end we should get some sort of region explorer feature. Possibly you need to hire market researchers in game to get the data.