Game can't start

Hi, the game won’t start.

Uploaded the log file. Please help.

AutomationGame.log (30.2 KB)

I thought, it was just me experiencing this issue.

Did this just start happening for you, or has it been going on for a while now?

First thing I’d like you and also @Alcaraz to do are the following steps:

1. Verify your game files through Steam - In the Steam library, right-click on Automation and go to Properties. Go to Installed Files and press the “Verify integrity of game files” button. Let that process run to completion, then launch Automation.

2. Clear your game cache - When you start Automation, choose the Troubleshooting Tool instead of launching Automation. When that opens up, press the “Clear Cache” button, then launch Automation. Note that this will cause you to lose your settings and any custom keybinds.

3. Install all the redistrubutables needed for Automation - Sometimes Steam doesn’t do a very good job at ensuring all of the redistributable plugins needed to run Automation get installed, which can cause all kinds of errors and crashes. Go to the following link, and download and install all four of the plugins listed here, for the appropriate version of Windows that you are running:

https://wiki.automationgame.com/index.php?title=Install_Redistributables

You may need to re-start your computer several times during this process.

If you are still having problems after going through all three of these steps, please let me know; I will have additional steps for you to take.

1 Like