With my final Kee challenge coming to a close within the next couple days, I’m ready to move on to my next big thing. I had actually had an idea similar to Imperator’s before he launched his. With his thread seemingly either dead or hopelessly delayed, and me ready to host something new, it’s almost time. It’s now imminently on the horizon since OLH is finished, so here’s the general premise:
- This will be a lore-heavy thread. ALL vehicle submissions MUST be from company lore.
- You MUST have a company lore thread in the car sharing forum to participate. I will be requiring a link to your lore thread with your first submission.
- Your submitted vehicle for each round must either already exist in your company’s lore thread, or be posted to it prior to the close of the round.
- Inter-company rivalries are strongly encouraged (like the Bogliq-Ardent rivalry that can be seen in other threads), as is lore RP in general. Company reactions, internal communications, etc. all play in to the flavor.
- Setting will be the United States, using historical socio-economic events to drive scoring. (ex: 1973 Oil Crisis, early 1980’s recession, 60’s counter-culture movements, etc.)
- I will complete and score rounds with reviews in the fictional “Motor Review World” magazine (yes, the very same one that Barry and Eve used in CSR67). There will be at least two “Best of” categories each round. They can be split between multiple vehicles, or one astounding vehicle can “mop up” the awards ceremony, so to speak. All submissions will get at least a pros-cons list, with the winners getting a more detailed review.
- Scoring will be a “relative rating” system for each round so that you have an idea of how your car compared overall, and your company cumulatively for the competition as well. This will be a mathematically based rating
- Ardent Motors will be submitting a vehicle each round as well, to serve somewhat as a benchmark (and also because I know Bogliq wants a rival). It WILL get a relative rating score, which means it influences the market. It CAN also win “best of” titles, but will never win them solo; instead, it will tie the runner up.
Some rules, yo.
Competition starts in 1946, and there will be 3-6 years between rounds. The amount of time between will be rolled individually at the start of the new round. File naming format will be posted in each round’s initial post.
Import brands entering the country may enter 1 year before their official Lore entry to the States, in a limited capacity. (-10% Relative Rating, simulating independent importers rather than a dealer network)
- Brands purchased or acquired (at least 51% investment): No vehicles may be submitted from the acquired brand prior to merger. (Real life example: GM)
- Brands created by spinoff: Must still be controlled by the parent company to submit. (Real life example: Saturn)
- Brands created by merger: One brand must be selected as the “lead” or “primary” brand. Submissions will only be accepted from that brand before the merger, and only by the new company after the merger. (Ex: Company A and B merged in 1956 to create Company X. Only A OR B can submit up to '56, only Company X after) (Real life example: Nash and Hudson, becoming AMC)
- Companies that are non majority investments (less than 50%): May have individual models used as “Captive Imports”. Vehicle must be branded, marketed, and sold as a product of the parent company, and the Lore thread must make it clear this is a captive import, as well as which brand/model it is a copy of.
Fixtures/regulations: I will try to specify any new regulations for fixtures and/or equipment on vehicles at the start of each round. This will also include emissions and safety requirements in the later stages.
Socioeconomic factors: Every round, I will give a snapshot of the current economic conditions as well as the short-term forecasts. As well, I will give one or more significant social trend or event, which may help you direct your design.
Bonuses/penalties for reusing trims/engines: You can earn up to a 5% Relative Rating bonus in a round for reusing an existing design. Just don’t reuse for TOO long without major revamps, or your competition will overrun you.
Engine design outliers: I will not boot or ban any design for using specific equipment, but just know that if it’s too “weird” or “advanced” for market tastes, it’s not going to do well. You probably don’t want to use independent rears (unless you’re FWD), DOHC, or multivalve setups for the first 25-30 years.
Sliders: May be used. But do so sparingly, as making your ET and PU shoot up might make your design less attractive compared to competitors.
Current round: Competition has ended
List of companies entered:
Ardent Motor Corporation - VicVictory
Leviathan Motor Company - @Chickenbiscuit
Auto Corporation of America - @Dorifto_Dorito
Olympus Motor Group - @undercoverhardwarema
Sinistra Motors - @Madrias
Kimura Motors Ltd. - @titleguy1
Bogliq Automotive USA - @HighOctaneLove
Caliban Kit Cars - @Mr.Computah
PMI LLC - @Private_Miros
Sakura Automobiles of Japan - @Fayeding_Spray
Deer and Hunt - @Mikonp7
Keika Automotive - @BoostandEthanol
Fenton Holdings Ltd. - @kmBlaine
Epoch Industries - @machalel
Birmingham Motors - @DukeOFhazards
Vermillion Motor Company - @Kubboz
Takemi Motor Company - @Nicholander
Royal Canadian Motors - @thecarlover
Grehet Motors - @koolkei
TSR Automotive - @Aaron.W
IP Automotive LTD - @Knugcab
Erin Motor Company - @DeusExMackia
Baltazar-Bush - @Leonardo9613
Kimura Motors Ltd. - @titleguy1
Znopresk-BMMI - @NormanVauxhall
Rado-Sofa - @nerd
Maesima Motor Corporation - @Rk38
Overall Relative Ratings (FINAL After 12 Rounds)
kmBlaine - 95.71
Kubboz - 94.88
Private_Miros - 93.85
DeusExMackia - 93.78
undercoverhardwarema - 93.41
Chickenbiscuit - 93.04
HighOctaneLove - 92.39
koolkei - 92.31
VicVictory - 92.20
Rk38 - 91.86
Madrias - 91.84
TheCarLover - 91.81
titleguy1 - 91.38
DukeOFhazards - 91.04
Mikonp7 - 90.87
BoostandEthanol - 90.50
NormanVauxhall - 90.49
machalel - 89.30
Mr.Computah - 88.88
Nicholander - 88.26
Knugcab - 86.30
Dorifto_Dorito - 85.98
Aaron.W - 78.96
Vri404 - 76.25
nerd - 75.50