Getting excited

Getting really excited about the progress of the game!

I can’t wait for the part that caters to my tycoon loving side… in the meantime the creators are fun (and a good way to benchmark my pc at max graphics, heh) I’ve plugged in a few engines and real world cars and found the results to be both surprisingly similar to real world and on paper.

Though I’ve noticed that it tends to calculate more traction (grip g’s) than I would believe possible from such vehicles (A Hyundai Pony’s 155/80 R13 Hard tires with a mushy, rear sway barless, suspension setup, simply CAN NOT do 0.95 g) however all is forgiven once onto a test track and the vehicle performs as if the G-Rating is meaningless.

What I’m excited about is future engine developments. Really happy to see that Boxers are coming. I do hope they expand that to include Boxer 12’s like the original ferrari 512 BB (Boxer Berlinetta) and I hope with the I8’s come some nice V16s.

Excited to see diesel is coming. Though I’ve noticed I can cheat the stats out of the game by exploiting a really REALLY low compression. (Managed to get 7.5 L/100 Km from an in game car about the same weight and drag as my old Volvo 265 D24 Diesel M46 Manual Transmission. Same 78 Hp and 112 lb-ft too. I think I sucked it out of a compression ratio of like 6.2 :smiley:)

I’m curious about a few things, naturally.
Will we see Inline 2 cylinders as well? Like fiats little bumblebee sounding 0.8 in the 500? or Citroen’s 2CV?
I know the little idea bug of hybrids is in their ear… but will we see just a glaze over version, or something more thought out? There are many kinds of hybrid, From Hybrid Synergy drive style that toyota makes, to the IMA system that Honda uses, Hyundai’s system is different too, and GMC Yukon’s system has proven stalwart despite the trucking world’s misgivings. (Also very effective in fleet vehicles such as the propane powered UPS delivery trucks)

I don’t mind that a lot of what I’m talking about will be DLC stuff.
I kind of like the idea of buying “the economy pack” for $7.00 with small cylinder numbers and diesel fuel options. Or the Behemoth package, for 10 Cylinder counts and up.

Final question in my wordy post:
In the real world, cars like my Hyundai Pony, which has a MacPherson strut front end and a Solid Axle Cart Springs rear end (Think wooden wagon) don’t have sway bars on the Cart Spring setup. I noticed that even choosing said suspension setup, when you get to the suspension adjustment page, there is a value for the rear sway bar. I simply turned it down to nothing, but I’m curious if it’s actually there if I decided to fiddle around?

Nuff out of me, gonna go play some more Detroit.

Truly,
Tex

We call “cart springs” leaf springs in the US, had to google what cart springs were when I heard Top Gear talking about them many years ago since it didnt make sense to me (never really seeing a "cart: IRL).

As for the sway bars I have always put them at zero in cars that dont have them but would like the option of NONE.

Inline 8’s is NOT coming to the game.
And the 512bb uses a 180 degree v12. Only 8 cyl boxers have been made, never 12.

Please, do tell me what a 180 degree would be other than a flat engine. If it isn’t a flat engine, I would want to draw your attention to basic geometry.

LilRedRhyder, I agree with your point on having no anti-roll bar. I recall Kubboz once suggesting so to Killrob on the live chat, Robert said he would look into it, since it brings gameplay value (worse car vs lower material and development costs).

1 Like

Not necessarily “worse” depending on the car you’re making, for an offroader having no sway bars can give you much more flex since the axles arent bound to something and increase the offroad stat IF it takes flex into account.

1 Like

[quote=“RobtheFiend”]Inline 8’s is NOT coming to the game.
And the 512bb uses a 180 degree v12. Only 8 cyl boxers have been made, never 12.[/quote]
this beggs to differ with i8’s viewtopic.php?f=15&t=137
and it was Last edited by Killrob on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:46 am :smiley:

1 Like

It’s a matter of flat v vs boxer, they employ different crankshafts ,a boxer has one pin per cylinder where as a v has one pin per set of opposed pistons. http://m.autoevolution.com/there-s-a-big-difference-between-a-boxer-and-flat-engine-85305.html
That said there will not be flat 8,10,12, or 16 in either v or boxer, as there are more trim levels of the Subaru impreza then there have been cars with those configurations.

[quote=“UMGaming”][quote=“RobtheFiend”]Inline 8’s is NOT coming to the game.
And the 512bb uses a 180 degree v12. Only 8 cyl boxers have been made, never 12.[/quote]
and it was Last edited by Killrob on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:46 am :smiley:[/quote]

After the game is done, as a paid for DLC. That in my mind is not the same.

@Nialloftara, that was a perfect link, Thanks, this should silence all those that think that Flat <-> Boxer is the same.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_Berlinetta_Boxer
My appoogies. You are correct.
Despite the car being called the Berlinetta Boxer, it is in fact a Flat 12.

Truly,
Tex

[quote=“RobtheFiend”][quote=“UMGaming”][quote=“RobtheFiend”]Inline 8’s is NOT coming to the game.
and it was Last edited by Killrob on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:46 am :smiley:[/quote]

After the game is done, as a paid for DLC. That in my mind is not the same.

@Nialloftara, that was a perfect link, Thanks, this should silence all those that think that Flat <-> Boxer is the same.[/quote]
you said i8’s weren’t coming to the game.
that sounds like you saying their not coming at all when they are coming, just as paid DLC :smiley:

-UMG-

1 Like

There was an earlier thread that asked for I8 engines, in that one they said that they would not come. Because by 1945 no one designed any new I8. (or something like that) :confused:

I8 engines will probably come after the full release of the game, they are easy enough to make with what assets we’ll have by that time.

1 Like