Giovannni wants a sportscar - 1966 Frunian Coastal Cruise [Finally Complete!]

Good pick up there. But that was more so if someone accidentally sent in a car with the trim year of 1967 or something. If it’s obviously intentionally exploiting the system then I’ll disqualify it.

1 Like

6 Likes

Just over one day left to submit entries!

3 Likes

Dear sir,

Please feel free for a ride in our 66 version of our small convertible sports car, with a new Straight 6 2.5L engine.

It’s slightly more expensive than our 2.0L L6 model, but we believe that it has a superior performance that you would like to have in the twisty and open roads. Also in town you can drive it around with the comfort of a hydraulic assisted steering.

Here’s our lame brochure!

Best Regards,

4 Likes

Do you wish for an exotic sports car, yet your budget only extends to a ‘warm’ sedan?

Do you like to enjoy a spirited drive, yet don’t want to sacrifice too much comfort?

Do you like the feel of the wind in your hair, but still think that safety in a vehicle is important?

Have you been looking for the right car to satisfy all of these criteria? Well look no longer!

Introducing the special edition 1966 Epoch M20 S2800c (2+2). Based upon the M20 S2800, and featuring Epoch’s sporty 2.8L V8 engine, this dealer-modified variant is equipped with revised suspension settings, a sports exhaust, and a retractable cloth roof that combines the feeling of a convertible with the safety of a hardtop. Enquire at your local Epoch dealer today in order to secure your chance to own one of these limited vehicles!

3 Likes

that brochure is… something else…

2 Likes

Thanks to all those who’ve entered, submissions are now closed.

The first round of judging is Style, made up of 5 segments being Looks, Era consistency, Stylistic consistency, Functionality and Detail.

Results will be presented shortly.

2 Likes

Round one results are up! I’ve decided to edit them into the main post to keep things clean. Go have a read!

4 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile:

Pretty much agree with your judging on all the cars so far! Interested to see how they compare in the next stage.

1 Like

I agree mosly with what is written, tho some disagreement on the nebula as it was inspired a lot by the Ford GT40, Lamborghini Miura and the De Tomaso Mangusta, which all are made in and around 68, and are similar in looks to the Nebula… I agree that the wing is a bit over the top tho :smiley:

The under grille vents were meant to be similar to this little happy boy, clearly didn’t nail it quite right!

great start for the Katana.
me likey

1 Like

I see quite a lot of mangusta in it now. I was initially comparing it to a Pantera and a Countach (cause of the wing). Even so, I wouldn’t consider the mangusta to be mid 60s design, far more of an early 70s look. And as for the Muira, I can’t really see much of that. Great looking build though!

1 Like

Ah yeah, I just think that they didn’t work very well with your grille shape and where you put them. They just kinda looked tacked on.

3rd place on styling, wow! I will admit that the redlines and rear striping was probably against my better judgement xD

now to completely lose my lead in the BeamNG testing because Giovanni crashes and dies

2 Likes

Giovanni will certainly be updating his life insurance policy to include exotic car test drives.

3 Likes

just ve cautious when simoutaneously slowing down and turning…
it has a mild tendency of oversteer at this point

3 Likes

Countach was the inspiration when going for the wing, actually, so that’s not a bad comparison at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Before judging round two, we should familiarise ourselves with what lies under the bonnet of each of the contenders, to give a vaugue idea of what they’re like to drive.

Spec declassification coming soon…

EDIT:

The full spec declassification is up! Go and check out the specs of the competition in the main post

4 Likes