[GUIDE] How to cheat in automation

Take this as a funny joke
[size=85]Disclaimer: I’m not responsable for any crash, game data cancelation, explosion, nuclear wars that might be caused by this guide[/size]

Requirements:
[ul]
]Notepad++ (Download here)/:m]
]Computer/:m][/ul]

To have a crazy amount of power in Automation there is a very simple way: editing .lua files in which engines are stored, so here’s the guide:

[ul]
*]Firstly you have to find the engine that you want to edit, it is usually in

then open it using Notepad++ that you downloaded before/*:m]
*]Go down or search for

these are the quality sliders’ quality bars/*:m]
]Change them under or over the standard values(-15,15), save and see what happens/:m][/ul]
With your newly edited engine never go out of the test mode or everything will be resetted or some worser consequences might happen

Have fun!
[size=50]Can’t wait for the next beta to come out[/size]

requirements: normal notepad

if you want to cheat, you might as well use cheat engine to force the values. at least then you’d be able to tweak the engine without the quality sliders resetting.

I’m thinking about adding CE to the guide

I already know about this cheat haha Daffy please fix this…LOL!!

Nah, it’s SOO simple to discover this so it’s fine, fixing it would require some kind of cryptography of lua file which won’t be so convenient

got any other cheats?

(my 500th post!)

I’m not happy reading your BS-posts in every topic there is… I’m sorry about the cruel words but I don’t even bother to read most of the posts where you’re the last sender…

Daffy, please give Juno 500000 posts and maybe he will be satisfied with that. :laughing:

lol its something that I just do its not important lol

On topic: yes, this is a nice little tweak and we won’t hinder you from doing things like that… we only need to make sure this doesn’t happen in multiplayer. :slight_smile:

Off topic:

[quote=“Juno8”]got any other cheats?
(my 500th post!)[/quote]

Congratulations!
You have now almost 3% of all posts on this forum, with 187 of them in the engine sharing forum in which you prey on unknowing victims to supply them with youtube videos they didn’t know they ever wanted.

What have these 500 posts contributed? Well, here is my Top 5:

[ul]]Confusion through writing about something that has nothing to do with the thread./:m]
]More confusion through giving out massive amounts of misinformation about the game or its development./:m]
]Meaningless statements about things not remotely relevant. /:m]
]Want a video?/:m]
]400+ reasons to ban you once again./:m][/ul]

Please step forward! You have just unlocked the achievement of a 1 month ban! (next one after that will be final)

ouch… the ban hammer Strikes again… anyway back to topic , I figured you could use cheat engine, just never bothered. I don’t like cheating on this game. It may say you have 3000 horsepower on an I4 but your just telling yourself lies. (crazy cheat engine use there)

It is indeed quite possible to cheat, yes. Though I’m not sure why you’d want to, considering you then may as well just make up stats yourself :smiley:

1 Like

On topic: I don´t see that cheat´s usability. Why will to modify something that isn´t give you any benefit?

Off topic:

Killrob,
I don´t want to defend to juno (the lad is a bit heavy), but you are the worst moderator that I have never seen.

When a user is not agreeable for you (not his posts) ,you are behind him like a vampire stalking to his dam, waiting for ban him.
But in other posts, you are the one that does idiotic comments.

That’s the reason because i didn’t return to this forum.
As I said to you one day, I don´t want to stay in a forum in which the improvement is an offense.

Today I have entered by curiosity, and see that you are continuing with your practices of harassment and dictatorship (typical, you are german).
I´m sorry for my post if I offend other users (not you, it isn´t important for me if i offend to you rob), I couldn´t keep silent about.

I know surely you will ban me for this comment, It doesn´t matter for me. I assure that I will not miss you either.

You stain the great work that are doing Andrew, Jaye and Caswal (they yes deserve all my respect)

bye

[quote=“urtz”]On topic: I don´t see that cheat´s usability. Why will to modify something that isn´t give you any benefit?

Off topic:

Killrob,
I don´t want to defend to juno (the lad is a bit heavy), but you are the worst moderator that I have never seen.

When a user is not agreeable for you ,you are behind him as a vampire waiting for ban him.
But in other posts, you are the one that does idiotic comments.

That’s the reason because i didn’t return to this forum.
As I said to you one day, I don´t want to stay in a forum in which the improvement is an offense.

Today I have entered by curiosity, and see that you are continuing with your practices of harassment and dictatorship (typical, you are german).
I´m sorry for my post if I offend other users (not you, it isn´t important for me if i offend to you rob), I couldn´t keep silent about.

I know surely you will ban me for this comment, It doesn´t matter for me. I assure that I will not miss you either.

You stain the great work that are doing Andrew, Jaye and Caswal (they yes deserve all my respect)

bye[/quote]

Wow… just wow.
Gives you something to think about, does it Killrob… uhum.

Ontopic: I get that is it fun for some to cheat, but why would you want to in the first place? I want to play this game to feel what it is like to be a carbuilder myself and what it takes to sell these cars on the market. I dont want to cheat on that!

Ahh wonderful, now I feel enlightened. I take it as a compliment that one of the most delusional douchebags on the forums (check his posts regarding the Spanish translation) thinks of me that way - shows that I’m doing something right. :wink:

Back on topic:
We’ll probably implement some real cheats into the game for testing purposes where it makes sense, i.e. for the tycoon part mainly. This makes testing the campaign gameplay much easier, as you then do not have to play for hours to reach a certain point. I don’t know if that will make it into the game though, wouldn’t be difficult to implement if we have it in dev-builds anyway. Engine and Car cheats probably won’t happen though, because that doesn’t help us accomplish anything. Would you peeps want to have cheats for the tycoon part in the game?

1 Like

you can think it, if you are happy…

You could take inspiration from Kerbal Space Program, a debug/cheat menu, for now there isn’t the need of this kind of menu but this is an example

Engine designer
[ul]
]DEV METH enabler (only for maximal power testing)/:m]
]Infinite durability (not really necessary, just to play with different parts without having to worry about that)/:m][/ul]

Car designer
[ul]
]Noclip for parts/:m][/ul]
Tycoon part (AFAIK it’s supposed to be)
[ul]
]Car request cheat / Perfect marketing (Maximal demand for that model from all categories of buyers)/:m][/ul]

If these cheats will be included please try to log their usage somewhere in the files like adding

[quote]-- Table {N}
CheatsUsed: Yes/No (Boolean value)
Number of uses: N (4 Byte interval, above that simply the maximum [size=75]but who would cheat 2,147,483,647 times? LOL[/size])[/quote]

I’d like to find a way to manipulate tech pool in sandbox.

That is possible to do kubby one of the tables is the lua contains the tech pool don’t remember right now though. Can maybe tell you in chat later.

[quote=“urtz”] Today I have entered by curiosity, and see that you are continuing with your practices of harassment and dictatorship (typical, you are german).
[/quote]

Nope. But I will ban you.
BANHAMMER