High Noon Touge Challenge [FINAL REVIEW OUT]

1991 Ernis Omni Zitrone

"Speedy racer in disguise."

Now, you might look at it and ask yourself - "What is this doing here? Isn't this just riced out crapbox?" It is not, and let me show why.

While it is not even close to being the fastest touge racer out there, you can consider it an "entry level" car. The standard 1.6L I4 was swapped for a mildly tuned 2.0L I4 Turbo from a Japanese analogue, making just over 255 horsepower. The suspension was stiffened out with springs, shocks, steering and other parts replaced with aftermarket performance ones. Transmission was replaced too, giving the Zitrone a 4 gear manual. Thanks to a custom bodykit and a small wing, car generates around 74 kg of downforce. And yet, the interior got barely any changes apart from replacing the driver seat with a lighter variant. Most important, however, is the fact that front wheel drive was kept. All of this fun only costs 25100 Automation Dollars and yet (according to certain sources) it completed the Nurburgring lap 8 seconds ahead of Honda NSX.

The story behind the vehicle is quite a strange one. Despite being an everyday cheap German hatchback, it was unofficially imported to Japan a few weeks after it became available for purchase. After being used for a solid two years by an old lady, it changed owners, getting into hands of a tuning studio, which was more than interested in messing with a strange little car from overseas which wouldn’t hit the dealerships of Japan 'till next millenium. Thanks to the German origins, the car got its funky name - Zitrone, or “lemon” in English and a matching paint color. Soon thereafter, it was sold off to an ambitious young street racer by the name of Shoji Kohaku, with whom it remains to this day.

Additional Photos

Base Model

Edited images by Storm

18 Likes
1987 Saidenki CS19T AMIS

Touge2

Images

13 Likes

1994 Ryuji Goemon RS Turbo

The Goemon is an all wheel drive sport coupe built by the Japanese company Ryuji during the early nineties. But this one isn’t your ordinary version. The 2.0l engine has been replaced with one out of a Goemon GT cup racer. It features all forged internals, advanced variable valve control, straight through exhaust, individual throttle bodies, and a larger turbo putting out 14 psi. It makes 253 horsepower and 219 lb-ft of torque. Routed through a five speed manual and viscous LSD, it propels this 2476 pound Goemon from zero to sixty in 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 172mph.

Inside you will find that the rear seats have been removed, they were really only there for insurance purposes anyways, and an aftermarket CD player has been installed. On the outside, the car has been given a subtle body kit with fender flares, 16 inch BBS basketweave rims, and Sunset Yellow paint. It’s rumored it can do the downhill run in under 4:36. It can be had for the price of $39500.

7 Likes

DON'T STOP
THE MUSIC TONIGHT

ezgif.com-gif-maker(3)

1982 Pfeil Vogtland Typ B Team Adler

ezgif.com-gif-maker(4)

19 Likes

Quick question…

What’s folder path for the .zip of the track go so I can race on it?

1 Like

Thankyou sir!!

1994 WMD Marlin Touge Edition

1 Like

Is this an OEM trim offering?

Yes, from our performance people over at Wells Motorsports Division.

1994 Korser Stryker Halleen SN-15

310ps - 1430kg

Driver: Ichiro Kitami

Images

22 Likes

1994 Tiffosi Chittai C 6T/2000 ALU

Considering Costruzione Tiffosi’s success in rally and touring car racing, the new Chittai C 6T/2000 ALU is here to continue the winning streak of the Carro Risi works teams across Europe.

This low production homologation special shares its bodywork and chassis with Chittai C, a competitor of BMW E36 compact, although here, the body is entirely fashioned in aluminium.

6T/2000 refers to the all-new turbocharged four-cam 24 valve 2 litre 60° V6 with all forged internals. It is designed to compete in 2 litre classes and features in the street car in a detuned version producing an ample 250 hp moving 1100 kgs. Also, the car tax in Italy is kept acceptable.

Tiffosi Nippon is proudly representing a select number of examples imported as a variant of regular Chittai C, which our lawyers say is definetly very legal. Starts at 3.780.700 Yen (~ Automation$37.000)

1 Like

Cabrera XV6

Perfectly balanced

People want their cars to be safe, economical and environmentaly friendly. Everything the XV6 wasn´t. The last mainstream RWD car Cabrera made after the Boreas discontinuation, it aimed at getting all the performance they could squeeze out of the last gen Boreas chassis. The body was now made of fiberglass, the top-of-the-line V6 engine was extensively modified to get more than 200hp without compromising reliability and finally the driveline was reinforced to cope with all the extra power.

This particular example was slightly modified, equipped with wider wheels and the rear seats have been removed to get weight just under 1000kg

Extra

11 Likes

Calcote Sicilia GTR

The absolutely bonkers sports car

With $32,000 Automation quid, you can have:

-Non-existent safety system
-A missing roof
-Fibre glass panels that can be dented by a punch from a toddler
-The absolutely horrible stripped down interior
-A pretentious wing
-Hidden headlamps that will stop working within a year
-A boring inline four turbocharged engine
-Ride quality for masochists (Quote from The Stig Is A Spy in Discord)
-Great difficulty for maintenance (So we can scam you furthermore)
-Guaranteed death when crashing
-Incredible fun before that happens

"That’s a great deal if ever I’ve seen one."

Gallery

8 Likes

1994 Knightwick Steed Coupe Turbo

Using the same platform as the Steed sedan and estate the coupe offered a more sporting design and driving feel. The coupe is slightly wider than the sedan model with standard fitment removeable glass panels in the roof for open air motoring.
The Turbo was the top model available with a 2.0 four cylinder KT16 engine, driving the front wheels through a 5 speed gearbox and mechanical limited slip differential.

This particular model was registered in the UK and imported into Japan for touge racing. It has a range of upgrades increasing power and road holding ability.

• Forged engine internals
  • larger turbo
  • sports intake
  • sports exhaust
  • upgraded front brakes with fast road pads all round
  • larger 15" alloy wheels with cup tyres
  • coilover suspension with stiffer spring rate

7 Likes

i’m too lazy to do CSS

1992 Karuma Ghee - “Kamikaze” (because you would have to have a death wish to drive it)

This Karuma Ghee began life as a normal production car, until one day it had it’s engine ripped out and replaced with some 2.0 litre V6 found in a nearby junkyard.

it produces 228 horsepower.

in a car that weighs just 880kg.

and it’s rear wheel drive. transverse rear wheel drive.

now you can see where it earnt it’s name.

It has 228 horsepower, driected directly from turbocharged V6 to the rear wheels via a 4-speed manual, and has a top speed of (quoted) 150mph. 0-60 is 5 seconds, and the tires are sports compounds.

it completed the Touge circuit in 4:41.10 minutes.

5 Likes

One Day Left...

Odawara, Afternoon, 15th July 1994

Tanaka was just hanging out in his reading room, reading Option’s magazine while listening to his favourite music on his portable radio. Suddenly, he heard a car parked infront of his house and he peered out from his window and saw Yui getting out from her car with a basket full of papers on her hand.

Tanaka was curious why was she bringing those to his house, he then walked to the front door and opened the door even before Yui knocked on the door.

“Yui? What’s with these papers? You have problem filling these tax papers? Heh…” Tanaka sarcastically said to Yui.

"No dingus. Remember when you said you’re looking out for new people for our club? Here they are, i asked them to come to my house and filled out these registration forms. " Yui replied.

“Wait. With all of these registration forms? We’re street racing club, not an entrepreneur club. Anyways, just come in and drop these in the living room, we’ll check out on how many are these guys interested on our club.” Tanaka greeted Yui to came in while grabbing a few forms from her basket to read some.

After Yui puts her basket on the table, she said “Alright, we have 23 people at the moment and may expecting more after this since they are more people interested in this challenge and can you be a sweet prince and check out each people’s info to make sure we’re not dealing with wannabes?” Yui asked to Tanaka.

“Alright fine, my dearest princess. I will do that…” Tanaka sighed and checks on each forms.

Tanaka and Yui checked on each forms and they gathered some infos from…

@inf2
@BannedByAndroid
@cake_ape
@conan
@interior
@Aruna
@Tez
@lotto77
@AndiD
@Fayeding_Spray
@SovietBear
@Taffin_Blur
@Maverick74
@Mikonp7
@DuceTheTruth100
@fasmukji
@SayokiN
@EnCR
@Tsundere-kun
@mart1n2005
@Riley
@Petakabras
@voiddoesnotknow

After an hour of checking each form’s details, Tanaka felt relieved and let out a huge sigh afterwards. Yui shook her head and putting back the forms in the basket.

“Tired already? I thought you’re the best driver on Hakone has alot of patience and such.” Yui snickered.

“I like to pretend to act tired, heh. Oh by the way, Takaki from Wangan division is coming here this night and wanted us to hang out with him at ramen shop. Wanna come?” Tanaka asked to Yui.

“Oh sure i’m up for it but uh, i gotta go. I got some important matters to deal with.” Yui looked at her watch and picked up the basket. “Thanks for helping me, by the way.” while Yui heading out to her car.

“No problem, my princess! Always happy to help.” Tanaka then grabbed the magazine and continuing his read.

Just one more day left! Whoever is not done yet, please send in before the deadline hits and whoever did send in their entry but did not get mentioned, just let me know.

19 Likes

Thought it was bins, if it was because my car would be at the frontline

1994 Nakano Sprinter SR3

9 Likes

1994 Munot Levant GS Turbo Super "Kurokaze"

Daiya Murakami is a 27 year old, moderately well to do tech professional, with a penchant for cars that go fast. And who could blame him - the whole engineering behind them was fascinating, and he grew up in the time of Keiichi Tsuchiya and other greats! Now that he’s made enough money to afford a nice, fast car, he wanted to get started on fulfilling his dream of being a racer. Where better to get started than with a local club down the Hakone?

His choice of ride here is an all-black 1994 Munot Levant, a hardtop roadster, in the topmost GS Turbo Super trim which he calls “Kurokaze”. Moderately lightweight, with a 2.2L turbo inline 5 and AWD, Daiya hoped that it would be an ideal car for tackling Hakone. Since it’s also his daily car and more importantly, not cheap, Kurokaze is actually largely stock, with Daiya’s only major modification being the addition of high quality performance tires and a retune of the suspension. Not that Kurokaze necessarily needed much more, since it came with a 300 PS engine. Plus, he was already driving at his limit.

With his app sent into the club, Daiya waited anxiously for the fated tryouts date. Would he be able to compete against so many skilled drivers?

Gallery

5 Likes