High torque, low rpm, turbo

I’m not sure if this is a limitation of the game or myself, but I’m trying to recreate my 2007 Volkswagen Golf V GTI engine, and the hardest part is getting the torque band to be represented properly.

I’ve looked up several figures, which I could list, but I think its more important for me to understand the general strategies in getting low end torque appearing on turbocharged motors - and possibly accepting that this isn’t something of high priority to the game, and if I can get the horsepower/torque figures correct at all, thats great (especailly using real world numbers).

For interest, the figures are listed below, the key one to note is maximum torque from 1800-5100rpm (280NM), I can get as many as 400NM, but all occuring from 2700rpm+ :confused:

carfolio.com/specifications/ … car=122001

EDIT: 17.6 PSI appears to be 1.2 bar

Yeah I don’t like the way power and torque maps out when we test our engines. Usually we get way too much low-rpm torque, unless we have a turbo, where we get torque quite high. Some fiddling with the custom options may balance out the torque, but usually max torque and max HP are way too far apart. :confused:

Yeah, this is the thing, if we’re getting the correct figures for power and torque using real world specs inside the game, that’s pretty much all we can ask for, the accuracy of the torque curve would be almost impossible to match, but I was just wondering if there were certain obvious techniques I could use to pump the engine up lower down and flatten the torque curve as well… maybe an engine specs pic would be in order

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6622/62wr.png

Yeah, currently it’s very difficult to get any turbos to spool at such low RPM.

The reason the curve is so flat on those VAG engines is typically that they tweak boost etc. across the rev range to make a totally flat torque curve, which is a feature we don’t have.

I know what your saying this is my best effort but power is to peaky for the vag got a mild cam transistion from 40 > 60 with VVL to try and keep torque flat when its on boost

Oh those flat torque curves! <3

[quote=“Conza89”]Yeah, this is the thing, if we’re getting the correct figures for power and torque using real world specs inside the game, that’s pretty much all we can ask for, the accuracy of the torque curve would be almost impossible to match, but I was just wondering if there were certain obvious techniques I could use to pump the engine up lower down and flatten the torque curve as well… maybe an engine specs pic would be in order

[/quote]

Try to change your model year to 2006/7 this could make a difference, but i don’t know, besides from that i have NO CLUE AT ALL! :smiley:
What octane are you using?
Try to compare all your numbers with the official VAG numbers. The torgue and power graphs could also just be the result of some TOP SECRET VAG SHIT!
By the way, your title sounds like you’re building tractor engines with turbos…