Hilbert's Car Museum, '93 Peugeot 306 XR, '05 Twongi 🌸

Damn, that must’ve been it. Or maybe the scratched alloys were too much?

3 Likes

Was it illegally parked or something? I mean, they can’t just tow a car because it’s ugly? Right?

No it wasn’t inspected so they had the legal right to tow it after kindly putting a bright red note on my windshield three times a row.

Oh ok in this case I am not outraged

Twonjoe update

So silly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yup, 100% :innocent:

Real subtle I think :strawberry:

10 Likes

le peushjkoome

That’s right! It’s a 1993 Peugeot 306

And not just any 306, it’s the 306 XR, it stands for Cool Luxury. It means the car has luxury in it.

As you can see, this is made for real men who die like big real men without airbags. It’s equipped with many quirks and features like 5-speed manual (wow), power steering (revolutionary) and power windows (wawawoowie)

This has to be the weirdest power window button placement I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot of cars.

It’s equipped with 1.6L petrol engine producing whopping 90hp, and while that may not seem like a lot, it still is relatively fast. Google claims the 0-100km/h is over 12 seconds but I call bullshit. 0-80 is pretty quick. But maybe that’s just me, after all I do drive a 58hp Twingo with 0-100 time of 6 business days.

But since this car was less than $4, it means that it has some problems, like dashboard lights not working. You can hear some clunk klonk clack clock noise coming from the passenger side front wheel. Will have to take it apart and shout at it in an attempt to fix it. Also, the whole car shakes when I put it in reverse. Like not while reversing, but when I move the gear stick to R. Quite funky, it’s like a safety feature so that you don’t accidentally put it in R. Or it might be broken, I think it’s the latter.

Please clap.

7 Likes

Hilbert not buying a shitbox every couple of months - impossible. Never change :smile:

As for the power window button placement, IIRC it was very similar in the 406.

3 Likes

I swim in money like Scrooge McDuck.

3 Likes

Cool Luxury sounds like a vaporwave album.

'ello

peschjeom update

Shock absorber: Fucked

Transmission: Fucked

Brake cylinder: Fucked

But what ISN’T fucked is the exhaust! It’s being held in place by a bunch of rubber bands!

So if anyone is wondering what 450€ gets you in Finland, it’s this. This is what 450€ looks like.

I took it for a spin with couple of mates inside and they were appalled when I drove it like a sports car is meant to be driven. It turns out XR doesn’t mean cool luxury. It means Xtra Rally! How silly, I should’ve known that!

6 Likes

How have those rubber bands not melted? Just far enough away from the pipe itself to not melt?

I truly have no idea, I mean, after all cars are magic and no one truly knows how they work.

The exhaust support thingies are usually always rubber. I think that’s some special high tech rubber that can withstand the heat.

I suspect that the car has been in a collision, and that fucked up the front wheel hubs. Because they aren’t round anymore.

You can’t see it, but they’re teeny weeny bit fucked. It’s rather clean since I cleaned all the rust from it in an attempt to make the wheel go there. Unfortunately it only fits with these.

Illegal (and unsafe) spacers!

Fortunately enough, my buddy came up with a solution.

Yeah, the solution was an angle grinder. I must say, I was sceptical at first, but it no longer needs the spacers! So uhhh… If it looks stupid but works, it ain’t stupid, or something like that.

Next on my to-do list is to figure out why my heater knobs don’t really turn.

4 Likes

The wheel will center good enough on the studs anyway, so…

Apparently

This was too much for some piece of work, so they decided to remove them!

How kind of them!

On an unrelated note, Le Twinjo got an oil chance and works like a charm now!

5 Likes

hubcaps are back :D

1 Like

Twingo is back on the road so they are back :partying_face:

1 Like

The Twongi is back!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

omg hiiiiii :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

bro looks like it just got electrocuted by a balloon

3 Likes