Hilbert's Car Museum, '05 Twongi 🌸 and '07 Piaggio Fly

Hilbert trying not to repair his cars with tape challenge (impossible)

5 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve had a smile as big as the one I have right now after going through the entirety of this thread. It’s a gem and I’m gonna archive it.

1 Like

Uh oh.

Alternator shat itself (hood open for dramatic effect)

That’s 450€ lol

2 Likes

It’s very fun when alternators decide to shit themselves
My benz did that once and left me stranded in a supermarket parking garage. I had frozen peas in my bags and it was summer, too.

Happened to me in the Accord. Funny enough this happened with the new alternator in the passenger seat only 10 minutes from the shop. I was feeling especially stubborn and I happened to have my jumper pack and a set of jumper cables. So rather than wait an hour for a tow truck, I rigged the jump box to the battery with the cables out the passenger window. Looked sketchy as hell, but it got me there without causing any electrical fires.

1 Like

‎
Ah fuck, here we go again

Hilbert trying not to buy new car every six months challenge (impossible)

THIS is my 2005 Renault Twingo!

As Anthony McBazooka said, “You are hon hon in the streets
But omelette de fromage in the sheets”

No really, he did say that, in his song Merci Twingo!

It comes with several features, such as four wheels. Three doors. Four seats. Five gears, and one wiper.

Big doors so big people can enter.

Massive trunk for groceries!

The car comes with very fancy digital speedometer.

And original radio from 2005.

When it comes to features, there is fancy steering wheel adjustment thing for the radio!

And because the French couldn’t figure out how to make normal cars, the horn is on the indicator stalk.

But that’s not all! I kid you not, for some reason it has electric windows. For driver and passenger.

Those were the features. Now when it comes to thing it doesn’t have, there is no air conditioning. No power steering (don’t need one, it weights like 40kg on a bad day). No central locking. No heated seats. No steering wheel adjustment. But if we ignore all those, it’s a great little car. Small turning radius, I like.

I decided to put flowers in the background because it’s such a happy little car.

‎

17 Likes

I hate this thread already. Good job! Throw in some animations and ear wrecking midi music in the next update and you’ve reached peak discourse.

2 Likes

Really beautiful, I wish I had the pleasure of having one! It represents the evolution of Renault in the 90s, it smells of happiness!

What price did it cost you? I would like to have it as a collector’s car and use it on weekends, tell me if it’s worth having it!

My guy’s most expensive car and it costs sub 2k Euros at the condition he bought it in.

If you have spare cash lying around for a nippy little car that makes jack shit power, isn’t really comfortable but is plenty sensible and practical enough, go for it.

1 Like

No no! I haggled! It was 1600€

6 Likes

Even in a dull silver, the original Twingo was (and is) a very cute car. It’s a pity no attempt was made to build an RHD version, presumably because Renault believed it to be too basic for the British Isles. Thankfully, it still holds up today as a cheap (and cheerful) runaround:

In light of the overwhelming popularity of SUVs and the shrinking market for affordable new cars of any kind, it’s high time we deserve more cars like this:

I have already discussed this in my thread here - you should check it out.

The biggest regret about the original Twingo, however, is that a hot version (with around 100 bhp or so) was never even on the drawing board at any point in its life - such a car could have easily given the Peugeot 106 GTI/Rallye and VW Lupo GTI a run for their money - but that would have to wait until the next generation of Twingo, and it turned out to be the only time a true high-performance version was available during the model’s entire lifespan.

1 Like

Twongi is love :heart:

3 Likes

It is one of my favorite cars from the 90s (cheap and original compact cars hahaha). My neighbor has one in green and it’s beautiful. I have seen them in my area for 1000 euros, but they are poorly preserved. I want to have something fun, I’m tired of my volvo S60 and I need to spend my money on more cars!

I want to have a daily car (my volvo) and some collectibles in my garage like the 205, twingo… any suggestions? Thanks!

You finns are tough stuff, I can barely survive whithout mine here.

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve done that myself while completely sober. Though in my defense, the coolant and washer fluid reservoirs were right next to each other and I didn’t notice until I closed the cap. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

As an American shitbox enthusiast, I must say I’m quite jealous. I just love small, basic, low power cars that weigh nothing. And you guys have them in spades.

Sure! I’d recommend you view this on a computer.

cooltext428474001138476

cooltext428474159482158
cooltext428474450330371

cooltext428474518146010

cooltext428474838238355

cooltext428474933191716

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdorableColorfulErne-size_restricted.gif

cooltext428474888147181

cooltext428475034300061(1)

To clarify, the point of this was to show that cool handbrake turn I did!

10 Likes

Ohhhhh, this is taking me back to the early days of the WWW, thank you for being so nice! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

HOLY SHIT BROTHER THAT IS SO FU*CKING BADASS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5 Likes

Somebody had to much fun with Windows Paint and photoshop lol

3 Likes