Hillstrom Motors

Hillstrom Motors Incoporated

By the time 1997 rolled around, the executive board of Hillstrom Machinery were starting to get desperate trying to find a way to save the rapidly dying vehicle division, following serious financial difficulties incurred by total commercial failure of the Hillstrom Cougar. As the future became more and more bleak, a literal Christmas miracle happened when on December 20th, 1997 when Union Motors offered to purchase the then near bankrupt Hillstrom Motors from the parent company and by February 10th, 1998 the deal concluded successfully. Not more than two months later, Hillstrom put out their very first model (Albeit a rebadged Union Motors product) under Union’s owner ship. As of 2022, Hillstrom has begun to move into the future by introducing hybrids into their lineup as the carry their heritage further into the 21st century.

We start in 1998 with the launch of Hillstrom Motors’ first car under Union Motors.

3 Likes

The Hillstrom Conquistador

That first model was the Hillstrom Conquistador, a small premium pickup truck. Available in four trim levels and engines ranging from 4.8L V8 to a 6.0L V8 and an optional 5 speed manual, it was a fun, easy to drive vehicle that had the ability to be used as a work truck.