Hot hatches thread

Since you guys like spicy hatches here.

3 Likes
Cabrera Fulgor COPA

Specs
  • 2 liter 4 cylinder turbo engine ( 240hp at 6300 rpm)
  • Fully independent suspension front (McPherson) and rear (Semi Trailing)
  • 6 speed manual with AWD
  • 0/100 in 6.7s
  • 7.6L/100km
7 Likes

Ohhh it’s hot in here!!! I got a hatch I will present here shortly. I just want to know that with all these submitted cars in here, is there a hot hatch comparison anywhere? Anyone doing road test to compare?

Who is the hot hatch king?.. or queen?

2 Likes

We don’t have any competitions going on currently, because I wanted to keep this thread pretty casual and there are such a variety of submissions that it simply wouldn’t be fair to compare some of them. That is a possibility for the future, though- if I decide to do a challenge, it will be posted here.

2 Likes

With all these submissions in this one thread, comparison test would be the icing on the cake honestly. Yeah its cool to design vehicles from scratch and drive them, but take it to the next level. I’ve seen some of the ficticious magazine reviews on this site and those are amazing ideas. And you mentioned variety. I’d say variety is a GOOD thing because you can have different categories, makes it more interesting. It doesnt even have to be a challenge, just round up a group of hot hatches(or regular hatches) every few months, drive them back 2 back and find winners and losers. Even if you dont do it, someone should.

2 Likes

2012 Kestrel Racing Vistaria 160R
1.6L DOHC-4 inline-6
VVT all cams/VVL profile 100
Per Cylinder Direct Injection
Compression 12.6:1
214hp @8600RPM
134lb-ft @7700RPM
Redline @9800RPM

Transverse Front Engine RWD
Automation Test Track 2:24.64
0-60 6.8 seconds
top speed 155mph

4 Likes

Que?
Also, the engine is one big “what”. But I like the styling.

3 Likes

AWD with distribution 100% to the back :wink:

It took me a loooooooooooong time to tune it to that level, and it sounds amazing.

The back is much more simple and less over the top.

1 Like

Okay, the whole drivetrain is WTF :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, at least it has a manual :joy:

Introducing our entry into the plenty crowded hot hatch segment…

The Wells DRIV GT, packing a 296hp 2.0t i4 this hatch has one thing on its mind…FUN!!

The DRIV GT was designed purely for enthusiast, and not the faint of heart. Power is routed to the front wheels through our house designed 6spd manual transmission, all aluminum block, coming in at a very nimble 2651lbs and double wishbone suspension at the front and rear…corners beware.

For 65k you too can rule the streets and the track, It’s time to bring excitement back.

2 Likes

The first good use of that body I have ever seen.

2 Likes

That body’s not easy to work with, but this actually looks alright- good job!

3 Likes

2018 Pikemen Morib 1.8 M-Tune

An affordable hot hatch that was aimed at Asia market especially people who can’t afford higher-end hot hatch like Golf GTi and such.