Hot Lap Challenge HLC round 7: wnb V8 SUPERCARS 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET

Sorry, sadly my schedule is gone, didn’t have the time to finish the car, it was almost done, would be a Ferrari like, with MR engin.

These are “land yachts”, I wasn’t even trying to go fast. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

==================================================================
No more fuel? Lies…it’s all lies… RESULTS!

@gridghost Eruption GT

Merc’s Evo maybe? Looks good, drives good; is good. Suspension game is spot on and turbo V8 is the most powerful here at 660hp. You can also hear that massive spool and blow off since no mufflers were used. Despite aero inefficiency GT can reach more than 300 km/h.

@one85db OMG C6H

The looks? O M G. And let me tell you, that long hood is not there for no reason. It hides massive aluminum V12 with 605hp. But wait. With a simple raise of rpm limit, it could gain extra 50 ponies! I though we are through with limiting power with revs… Anyway, because this car has (surprisingly) aero of a wall, 230 km/h is all it can do, which hurts a lot…

@HighoctaneLove Bogliq Ambassador

4 door full size limo but only 2 seats? Sneaky, sneaky… Shame for only 241hp which makes power to weight ratio quite bad. Yes V8 torque is nicely down low but this aint no city driving…track day bro! Once again, Bogliq is the car to look at not race in. Thumbs up for non-rock-like springs.

@JohnWaldock JHW Beline

I see what you did there… This not VW Scirocco has by far the lowest emissions. Well played my friend, well played. On more serious note; did you know Beline could be more than second faster around airfield (which is very short track) just by raising the limiter? Well you do now.

@Nurburgring Latan Savior

Savior? More like the devil. This very much red racer is the lightest of the bunch and packs quite a punch with nice torque curve and 468hp. Cars behavior is almost oversteery due to 50mm wider front tires. Therefore a lot of wheel spin is guaranteed but so is great stopping power.

@cyclopticgat Cygo Vacationer

This is sooo proper…that’s the only word I got. Crossplane V8 500+hp wagon. Fu*k yeah. It even has 8 exhausts coming from 2 smallish turbos. Suspension is a bit weirdly set but it works so what the hell it awesome. It even has premium seats and cassette! Not sure why but hey, that big trunk is full of charm.

@lordvader1 LVC Yacht

Someone has to do it. That is the unwritten rule of automation challenges and this guy knows it. That’s why Yacht is 6 meter, awd, V12, bick black co… boat. If you’re drug dealer or you want everyone to know you have bachelorette party in LA, that’s it. No effort was put in to make the engine or suspension sporty, so no effort writing anything else either.

AirJordan Smooth Racing Pace Dom Max

As you would expect I’ve done this properly (>James May every TG budget challenge). Light V12 in the front-middle position and majority of weight at the back for dat traction. Stats are close to the limit.

And here are the finale scores:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Congrats!

Winner when ready, pm me new rules :slight_smile: (or if you lack ideas I can take a round). Others, take notes how can you improve next round. More power, less weight? Definitely.

4 Likes

Nice win @gridghost, congratulations!

@AirJordan, this challenge had a reliability limit, If I had raised my RPM limit I would have broken the reliability rule. I really don’t think the reviews are a place to give unsolicited advice.

1 Like

I WILL TAKE 3RD!!!

Sorry but I could not resist. You were undercooling and underrevving (so no reliability trouble really) and from someone who is usually on the top of the game…I just felt it must be said. Take it as an observation if you prefer as in your case it actually was meant like one.

1 Like

Wow, you’re right, I made a mistake… I made 2 trims and it looks like I deleted the wrong one and sent you the one I rejected. hahaha Oh well, stuff happens.

1 Like

:grin:, looks like I’m collecting wooden spoons again! :grin:

I had too much fun designing the car and writing the RP to remember that these competitions are super competitive!

Congrats @gridghost on a well thought out winning entry!!!

3 Likes

dat sad moment when you don’t know how to setup the suspension but rather use the preset which sucks

Actuall presets for FR cars are ok but for racing use race preset instead of normal.

I`ll take not-last for first time in the game! congrats gridghost!

1 Like

Agreed on Wangan - I like the track and it has its purposes - for example, it’s a nice track for magnifying what would otherwise be very small variances in mostly straightline tippy-top maximum speeds, but it does take way too long to load the simulation. The first few times I tried to run that track, I thought my computer froze so I force rebooted it. Once I figured out that I needed to just let the thing load for as long as it wanted to, I wondered if my car would have a big enough gas tank to finish the track!

3 Likes

Well, i actually didn’t see that coming :slight_smile:
@one85db, @HighOctaneLove : thanx, guys
Champs pick has to be @cyclopticgoat for his awesome hulk-wagon :smiley:
And, @AirJordan: Rules will be in later today, when i’m at home.

V8 Supercars, anyone?

5 Likes

And BTW, did the Eruption GT really go around Lacuna Seca in 3:44.6? Just curious, because i get 3:24 on my end…

==============================================
HLC round 7: wnbV8 Supercars

@gridghost’s rules are:

(trim year 1990-2010)
4 door sedan, 2.5 - 3 m wheelbase from 90’s - 10’s
Monocoque Chassis
AHS Steel Material
Front Longitudinal engine placement
Rear wheel drive
Double Wishbone F/R Suspension
Glassfiber panels
Minimum weight 1400 kgs
No more than One (1) front lip and one (1) rear wing, Fully clad undertray.
free to add and place fixtures
the bodies may be reshaped as desired
entries need to be street legal with at least minimum required cooling
Maximum of 5000 cc
Naturally aspirated
Premium - 95 fuel required
No race intakes or exhaust
Must use Catalytic Converter
Must use at least 1 muffler
Engine Reliability at least 51 (champs pick)
Power Steering and ABS required
At least Standard Safety
No more than 15 liter/100km
No negative Quality sliders
40000 Dollars @ 35% markup

==============================
When submitting, name your cars like:
Model Design: HLC(what round it is) your user name
Model Trim: your company name and car name
Engine Family: HLC(what round it is) your user name
Engine Trim: your engine name
==>And add an overview tab screenshot!

Deadline: 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET
==> If you submit in last 24h, I do not guarantee revision option!

Tracks:
Haruna Downhill
Highlands Motorsport Park
Daytona Speedway (Oval)

3 Likes

pm sent @AirJordan. Thanks for the nomination, @gridghost! Here’s a simulation of the experience if you wanted to purchase one:

Wish I could have figured out how to make wood paneling inside the game.

4 Likes

You think you hate it now, wait 'till you drive it.

Interesting side note, that car dealer was played by Eugene Levy, Jason Biggs’ dad in American Pie.

4 Likes

Here’s my attempt at making something that’s competitive as well as stylish!!!

2000 Bogliq Bastion 5000GT

Buy better, buy Bogliq

5 Likes

Just to clarify, what valvetrains are permitted in this round? And can we use VVT or VVL as well?

1 Like

is flatplane still okay ?

1 Like