I was played in Ellisbury update. I notice how easy to achieve great emission that seem too good to be true; I made a car that passed 11 WES in 1989. Then I remembers a famous Honda Civic CVCC that pass emission test without need catalytic converter in 1975. That CVSS is unique engine head design that help run clearer. I won’t define about that accuracy but that put many American automation in shame. So, I try without catalytic in later than 1975 and it was possible. Then I interest to make first Community Challenges & Competitions for it.
Today is 1982, Honda Civic CVCC is outdate but does car still possible able pass emission without catalytic? Custom won’t interest to see small hatchback with barely hp too. But why car company willing do that in first time? Because car without catalytic will save a lot, right? Right?
- Model year: 1982, Trim year: 1982
- Car has to be road legal and reasonable realism: Wipers, headlights, tail lights, brake lights, indicators, reversing lights, an external fuel cap and a rear number plate are required
- No semi slicks
- Seats: At least 2 full seats in the front row
- Open wheel bodies are banned
- No Pick-up truck (Truck without catalytic is bad realism)
- Advanced settings: Wheel width, wheel diameter, tyre width, tyre diameter, camber, ride height are not allow to adjust.
- Price: Suggest minimum $16,000 MSRP, Hard Max: $24,000 MSRP.
- No catalytic allow
- Family year: 1982, Variant year: 1982
- Fuel: 91 unleaded
- Loudness: 45 maximum
- Must pass WES 6
- No racing parts
- No V16 engines
Engine: Max Total 20 techpool point in Engine Tech. Bottle End will point two techpool point instead one. SOHC two valve will tax one techpool point, add one techpool point each valve add. DOHC will another tax techpool point. Negative are allow but must zero techpool on turbo if not use turbo. Max 8 Techpool on each categorize.
Body: Max Total 20 techpool in Body Tech. Chassis in Body Tech will point techpool twin. Negative are allow. Max 8 Techpool on each categorize.
- Game verison will in Ellisbury Open Beta only
At first I think size (or cargo) will be in 2 star but more weight have sacrificed power to weight and emission, so I’ll impressive if you managed fullsize car without catalytic.
Accelerate, and Tracking laps
Sportness WILL BE NOT JUDGE. I only looking at 0-60, 1/4 drag, Automation lap, and Ellisbury Tri-Ovel.
If you managed pass 7 WES test or more, I will give bound a lot even other challenges’ car are superior state than your. (barely pass will still counting)
Here where WES emission test is.
It nice to have good comfort, or custom will criticize you.
Car without catalytic will save a lot, right? Right?
Not be a race car. Good reliability will give you bounds.
You cannot got away from this! Muhahaha. Keep in reasonable.
I do not wish to see a one seat with front door like BMW Isetta.
I not mind if your car MPG is good enough. But if terrible, I will penalty it a lot.
Reasonable realism design and quality maybe give a bound. Interiors won’t be judged.
- Model name: NoCaty - your username
- Family name: NoCaty - your username
- Trim name: Free
- Variant name: Free
- Submissions will open on Thursday, 9st November at 00:00 CEST
- Submissions will close on Sunday, 26th November at 23:59 CEST
- You need to submit your .car file to me via forum DMs and post an ad in this thread.
- If one rule is broke, I will give you warning and define reason. Another will bin you. If I found a loophole I disagree, I’ll edit rule and your warning will not count for loophole.
- Add max 8 Techpool on each Techpool categorize. (I forget to add it.)
- Deadline extension for one week.
- Mods are allow.
Warning: That is my first post Community Challenges & Competitions so that maybe run to unexpected mess. Also my write skill maybe terrible.