How to do dash indicator lights?

The game seems to base the left/right blinker on which side of the car is, makes sense for normal indicators, but I’m trying to use them as the indicator lights on the dashboard, is there anyway to fix this, trick the game or any other way to do this, something you can change in the export files?

Edit
I use the normal indicator light material on a fixture placed in the correct spot on the dash…
The issue is that it decides whether it’s the left or right indicator that turns on is dependent on the side of the car

Edit 2
I realized that I am stupid and there are “beam indicator lights” in the interior parts that do this and more

If the dash light has a separate material slot, you can easily assign some light material to it and set it as an indicator. However, with vanilla materials that will mean white/red/amber colour choice - if you wanna have the proper green lights, you’ll have to use mods. Gearhead Materials has the right possibilities - it’s even meant exactly for coloured dash lights. Just clone one of its materials, edit it to green and then select as the indicator dash light (and set it to light up as the indicator).

TBH I didn’t think of it, and it’s a nice, easy to do detail.

That’s what I’ve done, may have been unclear in the post but I use the normal indicator light material.
The issue is that it decides whether it’s the left or right indicator that turns on is dependent on the side of the car

Ah… right, forgot about that, this is decided based on the side of the car the fixture is placed on. Hmmm, I guess maybe a weird solution to that could be a fixture placed on side A, but set invisible for the most part, except for a fragment at the end (sticking to the B side) serving as the dash light? I know it sounds super cumbersome, but it’s the only possibly working way I can think of.

TBH I’ve been thinking of some car light system reform suggestions for a long time, just never sat to write all that down - this would be another point. I feel like some “advanced mode” for lights could be really useful…

1 Like

That’s the part when they decided to be real funny, IT CUT|S OFF AT THE MIDPOINT, off fricking course they did it like this, why wouldnt they :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Well then, I guess it was easier to split the car in halves than check where the fixture is “anchored” :smile: