HSV gen F

So not a interesting car to most of you, but I’m from American so this is either a weird grey import, or someone spend a lot of time importing a Holden body kit for a Chevy Caprice or Pontiac G8. It was partially debadged so I’m not sure of the actual model but it looked sweet. You auzzy/Zealanders really did get the best body for these cars.

3 Likes

Was it left hand drive or right?

Honestly couldn’t tell, was paying attention to the unusual grill and emblem in the rearview. It had a euro style number plate in the windshield, and I wanted to get my phone out to snap a picture. It was cruising about 30mph over the speed limit and I didn’t feel like trying to keep up.

1 Like

Its a kitted car it has the wrong taillights and the wrong rear bumper, wrong side skirts etc. Walkinshaw did talk about importing the HSV GTS but I don’t think it ever got off the ground. Those taillights are a dead giveaway that its not an aussie model…it may be a vauxhaul but

The Holden badge kit for the Chevrolet SS is actually available from the dealership.

Lol so now in australia the holden badge gets swapped for a chev and in the states the chev is swapped for a holden badge…GM owners are unique

4 Likes

Yeah guess that must have been it, looked good. Had the front clip conversation too. It caught my eye as I’ve seen a few SS’s, G8’s and cop Caprices but it had a different look to any of them. Can’t wait for their prices to drop on the used market.

Yeah the last of the hsv’s have been sold…$160000 each