Hydropneumatic suspension

Ok, I got two questions.

First one is pretty straight forward:
Will we have hydropneumatic suspension in the game?

Second question is a bit more convoluted. Please bear with me and forgive my ignorance:
It is the general perception that french cars have the best suspension in the world. Maybe thats because Citroen invented the hydropneumatic suspension, but those bad boys can only be found on high end models like the C5. On the other hand, my Renault Clio has a much smoother suspension than for example a VW Passat or an Audi A5, both of which are much more expensive than my Clio. Why? My Clio doesn’t have hydro… Whatever it has, can’t VW make something at least as good? BTW, what does it have? Is it special? What do French car makers know about suspension that others don’t? Or am I completely wrong and other brands from the US or Asia have suspensions just as good?
And to wrap up, how does this factor into the game? (sorry but my ignorance on the subject doesn’t allow me to phrase the question much better than that).

[quote=“vrmcardoso”]
On the other hand, my Renault Clio has a much smoother suspension than for example a VW Passat or an Audi A5, both of which are much more expensive than my Clio. Why? My Clio doesn’t have hydro… Whatever it has, can’t VW make something at least as good? BTW, what does it have? Is it special? What do French car makers know about suspension that others don’t? [/quote]

I don’t want to start arguing which suspension or car is the best. It is a matter of opinion.

But regarding the suspension it’s always compromize between “smootheness” (if you are talking about soft suspensions) and handling. Some (most of) 60-70s cars from USA had a really soft suspension and I have to admit that they are really nice and comfortable cars to be a passenger. On the other hand they were really hidious to drive and to handle if you were driving on a road with many curves and a lot worse if you were driving on a racing circuit.

I prefere quite stiff suspension so that the car is well driveable and doesn’t lean in the curves. Still it has to be comfortable enough so a racing/tuning suspension is not an option for me. But I like Germanish suspensions more than French ones. But as said that is matter of an opinion.

[quote=“vrmcardoso”]
It is the general perception that french cars have the best suspension in the world.[/quote]

And this depends heavily on from whom you are asking from… :slight_smile:

I agree with JussiE. It depends on what you prefer. I personally can’t stand the squishy behaviour of French cars, which is very often intensified by seats with little to no lateral support. I like to get feedback on what the car does and how the costitution of the road is. :slight_smile: Nothing against French cars in general [size=50](except for the “let’s make over-designed and thus totally ugly cars”)[/size]!

Ah I think I got it.

So concerning Automation, we will have all these different suspensions and make the choice - more confortable or more racy. Or at least something along these lines.

[quote=“vrmcardoso”]Ah I think I got it.

So concerning Automation, we will have all these different suspensions and make the choice - more confortable or more racy. Or at least something along these lines.[/quote]

I’m thinking that the devs will make their best to get it close to the real world but I was talking about the real life. Not the game.