Interior Design Showcase

Here,

we look from the INside-Out.

(Automation interiors)

4 Likes

As soon as I finish off my Summit V8 interior, will post here :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you get good interior shots? I have tried but only failed.

1 Like

Find a good photo scene and light. Surprisingly best results come from a standard warehouse photoscene. The chrome isn’t hyper reflective in that one. Also, play with window transparency, exposure and aparature.

1 Like

My main problem, though, is to place the camera in a good position inside the car.

1 Like

Try a wide angle from the B pillar looking towards the centre of the dash. Also a perspective from the rear mid passenger to catch the full dash width. And try one from the drivers headrest to show the driving environment.
This is important also during the build. When you position the steering wheel, make sure it is in line with the drivers seat. Otherwise, you will have an offcentre driving position like some Alfa Romeos (I know this way too well).

2 Likes

9 Likes

Some really old interiors I did when 3d fixtures first dropped

6 Likes

I made this for CSR 142 - and was pleased at how well it turned out.

8 Likes

50s capitalism and 50s communism

10 Likes

Wow, now I managed to succeed to get a somewhat decent interior pic, and now I also see much better what I am doing wrong with fixture placement etc.

This is a 1995 IP Icarus, and also my entry for the current CSR. Don’t see it as something I am proud of, though, even if it is my best interior yet. More like a reference to usein the future…

8 Likes

That is among the things that I have noticed. But steering wheel is untouched. I got a much better view of how it looks here, rather than on the fixture placement screen so now I have gotten a better grip of everything. This was useful so thanks for the camera angle tips.

Yes, thank you for the tips. One thing that annoys me is that at least many of the bodies have such big transmission tunnels. That means that seats has to be overly narrow and centre consoles big. Probably there is ways to trick the eyes there that I will learn if I play a little bit more.

When you look at real cars, the floor pan is generally higher than the base, so create a floor pan that is ass high as the door sil. This will raise everything to a more bearable level and give you more room to play. I never narrow the seats. I only stretch the out, leaving the original size as default size. Also, try modelling the trim around the tunnel using 3d fixtures to create more room for everything.

12 Likes

1983 IP Vagant

7 Likes

Making the best use of Automation fixtures and lighting :slight_smile:

SummitINTERIOR

23 Likes

You’re an interior wizard

4 Likes

Cool!

2 Likes

Thank you sir :slight_smile:

2 Likes