International Endurace Championship (Nominations Race 5 - 28/08/2016)

I have reworked the brake factor, I had the cooling and weight the wrong way around.
Thankyou for picking up on that and letting me know. The “decals” are “vents” it was part of a mod on steam

I thought I might make note about the reliability factors to help ensure a sensible reliability.
If you take the factor as a % so engine reliability of 65.4*1.3=85 then becomes .85 then as the rules state there is a check once every 3 hours so you have an 85% chance of lasting the first hour but for the second hour this becomes .85^2 therefor a 72.25% chance of finishing the race or for a 24 hour race with 8 checks this becomes .85^8 therefor a 27.25% chance of finishing

yep, just some basic math :smiley: my car should be ready soon

This sounds interesting but there is just a ton of information to process and it is worded a bit incoherently.

Is there any use for the driver budget other than the “Driving Factor”?

So, quality sliders are usable except in the final tab?

thats for the tweeking between races i think

I think this doesn’t get the attention it deserves because op is so hard to perceive (is this the way you say it? I think it is… well too crowded or not easy to understand or see or sth.). :slight_smile:

If it is possible, I suggest you rearrange it like:
Rules

• all
  • the
  • car
  • build
  • related
  • rules
  • nice and clear
    Strategy, how to submit, deadline, etc.
    aaaand than
    calculations if and when people are interested, so you don’t bog them at the start and in the middle and allover the place.
    maybe take a look how other successful competitions look.

This is really meant to be constructive :innocent: because I really think it’s a good idea but it would be shame if only few people enter because unattractive thread head.

1 Like

The time for constructive criticism would have been when I made the post stating that I wanted to set up a championship and wanted to find out if people were interested and if there was any issues, not 3 days before the deadline. No offence just a constructive criticism.

I am working from my mobile phone and so can not make major changes to the rules layout over the weekend but will have a look during the week.

To answer the question about modifications yes this is for inbetween events only so when you design your vehicle consider if it can be adapted to running at le mans.

Also the test session is not an event so if you want to go away and completely redesign your vehicle before the first round you can

Yes the driver budget only effects the driver factor

Sorry I cant do more to try and help out at this very moment

Just something I noticed now, is there no rule about safety?

Ravencraft Racing proudly presents the Ravencraft IEC-3 (R-411)
(the body used is the Montes LMP small by vmo_7)

The motor used is a naturaly aspirated 5523 cc V8 DOHC from Ravencraft Motors, in this car it produces 667hp but it is capable of 740hp and more, if anyone wants to use it, feel free to

Starting fuel load- 150l
Pit in- 14.(0L) 28.(0L) 42.(0L) 56.(0L) 70.(0L) 84.(0L) 98.(0L) 112.(0L) 126.(0L) 140.(+26L) 154.(0L) 163. (+10L)
1 entry
Ravencraft Racing
Ravencraft Motors - IEC 5529 NA

Silverstone track can be found here peoples thanks to @07CobaltGirl who created it.
http://discourse.automationgame.com//automationdiscourseuploads2.s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/2X/4/4db4ca9fd75fe4bacf02127c4eb764f2ebec4669.zip

I have revamped the Rules. They say the same thing as before but hopefully in a clearer format. Also I have not said specifically that the vehicle that you enter for practice can be modified as heavily as you desire before the opening round so do not be concerned that you may lock yourself in as a result of practice. Also thankyou Darkshine5 for posting that link I will hopefully get better at this as time goes.

1 Like

I have an entry just gotta do the math, my car atm has an engine cost of 9848 and a total cost of 30617 soooooo.
9848+30617= 40465 per car before driver cost is this correct the vehicle has a total of 771 engine pro units and 182 chassis pro units so 953 total which allows 3 entrants but i cannot afford to run 3 as I will be over the 100k budget total. So does this mean that I can enter the 2 cars at a cost of $80930 leaving me with a driver budget of $19070 to be split between the two vehicles? And abit off topic but could i use different variations on the engine so one vehicle ran turbo and the other N/A?

And the wording is much better

DarkShine Design’s who like to homologated their engine for this challenge known simply as the DSD IEC capable of large power numbers with a very lightweight design.
juliusgraham5485 - DSD IEC .zip (90.4 KB)

Sorry I will modify the rule to suit tomorrow but the intent is a $100 000 budget per entry, also the idea of allowing different engine configurations did cross my mind and I was considering.allowing each comunity member 2 completely seperate nominations a little bit like what I believe is happening in the WEC at the moment with Audi and Porsche running seperate teams even though both are owned by VW

I was also going to give each manufacturer a vote in propsed rule changes from season to season

1 Like

I’m going away for a week, so I hope my car will stay in the rules

Your entry will be fine won’t have major changes the only troble I had was the rear wing disapeared but I hope it will reapear when I go online with steam

looks much better now, sorry for being late about that.
I cannot spot a deadline in the head. Is it just me? (it is possible yes)

Your ruleset looks much better now, but I’m having problems with that brake factor. 100kj/ton is a huge amount of brake cooling. I built a small NA engine that only needs 142.8kj of cooling with my car weighing in at 765.3kg that means I need about 76.5kj cooling on my brakes. Total cooling requirements will be equal to 219.3, but even maxing out the brake cooling slider I can only get 55kj of cooling to my brakes which means I would have to hinder my car with huge amounts of wasted airflow without much of any other benefits, and a lower top speed.

Also, your brake factor formula is not giving a 100 brake factor, but a 1. To get a 100 you can simplify the equation to “kj/kg*1000”.

AirJordan I said in a comment that the practice was today but fear not because what I think I will do is conduct another test on thursday and a final test on monday next week so the earlier the entry comes in the more you will learn also I will add deadlines in the Title from now on

One85db if you take a close look your equation and mine work out the same although yours is simpler so I will probably change it to yours also I had not considdered that this would be a problem and dont want you penalised in this way so there are 3 possible sollutions.

1. Edit the rule to give the brake factor as (brake cooling provided / max possible brake cooling)

2. Add a rule to give a brake factor of 100 in the circumstance that the requred brake cooling for a cooling factor of 100 can not be reached

3. Edit required cooling to 50kJ/ton

I will give everyone who has posted a vote and allow 72 hours from this post to add a comment or pm me a vote

Why not just lower the requirement? So say you went down to only 50/ton (kj/kg2000) or even 25/ton (kj/kg4000) it would be much better for all of us. From what I have read and been told on other competitions, the brake cooling has not been fully implemented yet and does not actually help the cars at all, only hinder them.

Does each car have its own production units or are the production units added together?

Eg: Car one has 500 production units total and car 2 has 700 production units total. Would I add those numbers together to get 1200 production units total making me eligible for 2 entries or would each car be counted individually making me eligible to enter one more car because each one is below 1000 production units?

You can only nominate 1 car but if the production units are low enough you can enter a multicar team using that same car