International Endurace Championship (Nominations Race 5 - 28/08/2016)

The first practice will start in 1 hour so if there are any last minute entries for this session now is the time

Wait, are you planning to publicize the practice results?

you have my 3 cars now sorry for the lateness

I was going to PM the individual Results to the Team owner

1 Like

In that case, I’m sending you my first car, I’m still working on a second.

Edit: @gilb0140 You said that the cars need to be the same, but does that also include the engines in each car? Can I run a V6 in one and a V8 the other?

No the cars must be the same trim so the only difference between the entries can be the Driver Budget Delegation and the pit strategy

hmm… does this mean if we pit for tires only than it’s only 40s? Why is refuelling and changing tyres not done at the same time? Or is that 40s in/out box time…? Can you only refuel and only change tires? What is the time difference?

So sorry mate :joy: but that’s the only way I can make a strategy :slight_smile:

EDIT:

A suggestion (It’s late I know but it doesn’t hurt anybody who already make their cars): How about different trims with same car and engine? That way different strategies make more sense.

EDIT2: oh… it was already answered… shame tho

1 Like

i would join if a second entry per person is allowed. but i that being said i would rather have a second class to enter. could be as easy as a lower budget and smaller engines so all the calculations can be the same.

K I will look at my entrants tomorrow I finally have a day off

I have made a new chassis because the old one got corrupted and this one is made only with essentials, the rule about max rim size and so on was deleted?

EDIT: nevermind, I’m blind

Ravencraft Racing presents the definite car for IEC: Ravencraft IEC 4 (R-412)
The R-411 had major structural problems with its carbonfibre chassis, so we had to develop a new one, this time with true nanofiber experts, not those from the internet.

The Chassis got bigger, which allowed for a bigger engine, which is basicaly the same as the IEC 5529 NA but bigger and better in almost every way.

The engine is available for other teams too (for a small fee of a like on this post :smiley: )

Engine Family:
ffb9019e-3bdf-11e6-bf5a-a4173119a1fa.lua (8.9 KB)
Engine Variant:
ffb9019e-3bdf-11e6-bf5a-a4173119a1fa-0757e8da-3be0-11e6-bf5a-a4173119a1fa.lua (37.2 KB)

Team Name: Ravencraft Racing
Car Name: R-412
Car Brand Name: IEC 4
Engine Name: IEC 4 V8 NA

2 Likes

The release of the Green Dragon was delayed by the chief engineers wife wanting to spend some time together but here it is although a compromise was struck that allowed the wife to style the car having been inspired by Game Of Thones.
This little beast is the envy of the big brother team with its roar pace however the single entry team is paying its driver with last years merchandise after realising that they had chewed up there budget, Still it is fast so even Cletus the local town hick should get around in good pace and the thing is bulletproof.

Izen motors are proud to announce the they will enter the IEC with six car spread over both classes.
The car you will see in class one is the E1-11 (seen below). The turbo charged v12 produces over 1000 Hp and makes this an unreliable and undriveable monster. It is build to be fast nothing else

the class two car is a completely different story. The C6-GR (seen below) is build to driver forever. But with its high downforce, wide tires and the engine placed in the middle it is no slouch.

these cars my follow completely different design philosophies but Izen hopes that both cars will run at the top of the field

here are the engine design for any interest customer teams
Suprec - IEC Izen V12 turbo.zip (82.3 KB)
Suprec - IEC Izen Class 2.zip (77.1 KB)

Sorry the practice write took some extra time to get through (it is at the base of the first post). I will also be making the final updates to the rules (adding class 2 officially and tyre factor and dates for all races) over the weekend. I have had some ideas for the development of the championship for next season including on track interaction with the cars using 80-120 acceleration time and braking distance to develop a “passing opportunity Factor” as well as a more effective driver that will have an associated (“Speed Factor”, “Aggression Factor”, “Consistency Factor” and “Defensive Pressure Factor”) that will be randomly assigned then using the driver budget from largest to smallest to pick from the available drivers list. Unfortunately after speaking to the BRC guys I was not able to simply use there system but I thing I can get something decent up and running.

1 Like

Looks promising, unfortunately I’m not going to be able to do the second class from time reasons

Ps: it’s ravencraft not ravenclaw :wink:

I’m wondering how will the first race end, it seems using semi slick tires might not have been the best idea. But they have so good driving bonuses… :smiley:

Great concept, I was thinking of hosting a challenge very similar to this one. I have to ask you… Am I allowed to do a late championship entry starting next round? On one hand I know it will be a bit unfair to the other guys, but I’m very excited about this championship. If you say yes I will enter only one car in order to have as little impact as possible in the manufacturer championship. Thanks.

Entries are open and can be changed by any competitor right up to the start of the the first event, sorry about the ravencraft mix up I must have been getting my harry potter on

The DSD team is currently in testing with 3 possible new models and we are trying to work out the kinks in our armor in our current vehicles

I have made a small change to the driver factor for the lap times. This should see a small decrease in lap time across the board but more importantly less fluctuation from lap to lap. Instead of around 3 seconds around Silverstone it will be closer to 0.6 second with 50 Drivability Factor and 1.5 seconds at 20 Drivability factor