JOC4A - A Foreign Man In A Foreign Land - [ENTRIES CLOSED]

That’s a very new-fangled piece of technology for 1982 - I’m surprised someone managed to fit it into their budget.

its normal, japan has a lot of car inventions, like first car with gps

also 30k in 80s is as expensive as today ferrari

Primus RT320 SC-T targa J-Spec

Konnichiwa!

We all know what the young Japanese yuppie wants - the fastest and rarest car.
For less than $ 30.000, the RT320 SC-T features a biturbo engine as well as a fancy cassette player. Yes, we know that it is a 1970s car, but after last year`s facelift, the RT320 drives better than ever.
Despite the targa roof and leather interior, you should not consider this car if you already have back problems - but we aim at young guys with this JDM spec variant, so… that will work, we guess.

5 Likes

Revised for the 1982 model year, the Cepheus Sceptre 624i can be yours for 25,000 AMU plus tax.

10 Likes

The 1982 Arima Navesta RT can be simply described as ‘brute force’

It uses an experimental first generation 3.5l twin turbocharged V8 pushing 470hp to the rear wheels while still being controllable and easy to drive.

The Navesta RT will ensure you a purely exciting driving experience for $33,400.

Gallery

9 Likes

Finally, something with even more power than my entry! By the way, is it rear-drive or AWD? Especially when sending 470 bhp to the rear wheels in 1982 was the height of lunacy back then.

470 to the rear baby

At least I have the advantage of not having to deal with turbo lag.

BTW, I toyed with the idea of entering something based on the Super E90 body as you did, either a Bearclaw variant or a completely new build, with the latter having AWD and a turbo I6 - but I changed my mind and repurposed the LS50 in the hope that such a variant could do even better.

1 Like

What mod is the dashboard instrument cluster from?

looks too modern for 1982

is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_)=====D~~

The 1982 Planar Danazine EX-S

The new SM42 EX-S, the fastest Danazine ever.

Our brilliant PASS suspension system works with the 206kW Rotomax V12 to produce a car that’s not only fast, but comfortable too.

The plush interior is appointed with various options of main and accent leather and fabric, with tasteful walnut veneer throughout. Luxury features such as electric power windows and the PDD®️ dashboard display make it truly a place to relax in.

Available now for $34,300 AMU, contact your nearest Planar dealership for more information.

10 Likes

An Important Rules Clarification

Resubmissions are allowed and will fully supersede your previous entry(s) - though please use your previous submission DM thread to avoid unnecessary confusion.

3 Likes

Should have asked much sooner, but: for realism, power steering is encouraged, yes? Especially on cars over 2500lbs…?

most cars that enter here should probably have power steering, though not having it certainly wouldnt be a realism bin

2 Likes

Hey speaking of power steering for anyone who wasn’t entered yet what’s everyone’s general recomendation for how heavy a car should be to need power steering?

when using power steering makes your stats as a whole better than not having power steering, you should probably use power steering.

my 2700 pound car is cheaper, more comfortable, more reliable, and sportier with manual, so that was why i asked. generally that’s a bit heavy to not have power steering

hey if it doesnt need power steering it doesnt need power steering

Unfortunately, the break-even point by the game mechanics is ridiculously high, as is the penalty for steering assist. This is part of why I and others consider a manual rack on a ~3000lb car to be Cheat-o-Cheese. Therefore it depends on the host and the situation, and is a good question to ask.

It’s not just about weight, it also should factor in age (a 1940s Cadillac may’ve not had it, while a 2020 Econobox most likely would), tire size and type, weight distribution, and steering ratio. The latter is wholly absent from the game, while IRL can be dialed up to make 40-ton mining trucks steerable, just with an awful lot of turns.

My 03 Insight (1950lb, 165mm tires) neither has nor needs power steering.
My 73 Ford 2-ton van (5720lb empty weight) doesn’t have it, a minor annoyance.
My 81 Hilux (3200lb empty) didn’t come with it, and was ok on-road but unusable off-road until I retrofit it from a parts rig. There was a point of pride in putting up with “Armstrong steering”… which utterly evaporated when I had to ask for help turning the wheel on an off-road course. Ain’t nothin’ sporty about that.