JOC5B - 4 wheels good, 8 wheels better [Submissions Closed]

Seems reasonable, i’ll make the change

2 Likes

Hey it says in the brief that they’ll be exploring mountain roads but off road isn’t a priority?

2 Likes

images (41)

Like this

2 Likes

Although there has been yet another update for the 4.3 open beta build of Automation, this patch dropped prior to the date at which this JOC will be open for submissions. I just saw the patch as an opportunity to tweak my entries further before I settle on the one I fancy the most.

However, with the latest patch, all techpool areas are now uneditable - if this situation persists, would it be best to delay the opening of this JOC further until another patch drops and we can (hopefully) adjust our techpool to our liking?

1 Like

Yeah, I think I’ll also pause, until we get some clarification as to what is happening with techpool.

This is the new way to adjust techpool for cars built in sandbox mode.

I’m currently unable to check, but if the total cost in this page is equivalent to the total cost from the previous version, and everything else is working properly, I can keep the previous rules and timeline. If costs have either increased or decreased after the update, I’m open to suggestions as to how the cost limit should change.

After seeing how the combined total techpool and lab costs for engine and trim have been reduced to $60m for CSR159, I believe that this upper limit should apply to JOC5A as well - especially since my entry’s current techpool allocation now yields a total techpool cost of $40m, down from just under $80m in the previous open beta build.

Very well then, I’ll set a $60M total cost limit and open submissions now.

can i use a pre existing car i made

As long as the car meets the required rule set and fits the brief of the challenge, absolutely. You’re not required to make a new car for every challenge if you already have something that will work.

made a new car instead

can i use a manual

where do i submit

You mail your car to Mexico City for Mr Schultz.

how™

General forum etiquette is not to flood a thread with lots of short replies. Browse around the forum and eventually you will be able to send private messages. PM the host your .car file.

6 Likes

My submission : Ibishu Pessima 1.6 HX

1 Like

2013 AMS Adepta 2.0i

A frugal yet comfortable and enjoyable commuter car, yours for just $16k AMU.

2 Likes

cool