Journey of ownership 2 - Rising Star - Part 2D (REVIEWS ON HOLD)

Barely any objections, OK then, just start sending in vehicles then. :wink:

5 Likes

1963 ARMOR POMONA

Powered by a 330 cid V8, Armor’s newest flagship coupe is our most powerful and luxurious car yet.

Unmistakable style, performance, and luxury all for $16,600.

9 Likes

Gives me GTO vibes and its for sure very modern-looking for the year 1963. The detail work is really nice and it looks like a strong opponent.
I think I’ll go with a late, smoothened Jet-Age design as this is what I have in my lore. Now I’ve to soup up a cheap midsize car to take on the more refined competitors.

This is what I will begin with: The 1963 Globus Comet Sport Sedan. It’s pure crap. A simple cheap midsize car which has been fitted with a strong engine and better brakes as well as nicer interior, but only on the surface.
I am curious how the upcoming “Comet Super Coupe” will look like and how it holds up against the other entries. Expect it to be A LOT fancier than the “Sport Sedan” that’s more a fraud on the customer if you take it’s name by word.

1 Like

1963 Wolfe Cerberus 424 V8 Sport

Wolfe has officially entered the ring

The Cerberus line of executive luxury car started in 1956 and has changed tremendously over the years.

With the introduction of the V8 Sport line in 1960, Wolfe entered the market for high performance luxury cars. This 1963 facelift for the American market has a 424 engine and brings over 300 (real) hp to the table.

This was the first year Wolfe Motors started using the Crowned W logo on the C pillar, which would become a trademark of of luxurious performance.

The posh interior gives way to all the amenities and safety features your heart desires. With comfortable seats and such a powerful engine, this ride will never be boring.

Rediscover the new Cerberus and experience pure unadulterated performance.

Wolfe: be crowned a king

6 Likes

1963 Globus Comet 520 Super Sport DeLuxe

In 1962, the PRIMUS MOTOR COMPANY added a second brand to their lineup, called Globus. The philosophy behind Globus is rather simple: It’s the value brand, offering the maximum car for the minimum price. Their first model is now the midsize Comet, a simple, reliable and cheap traditional American car, available as sedan, wagon and “Sport Sedan” which is a two-door instead of the four-door.
Globus never uses the word “cheap”, as it sounds so negative. The advert says:
"Globus - Buy clever, regret never".

To avoid being stuck with a budget image, the top-of-the-line Globus has pretty much everything the whole Primus Motor Company could stuff in a car:

• 200 horsepower 317ci-V8 (5.2 liter) taken directly from the premium sports convertible Primus Iratus
  • four disc brakes
  • Highest luxury interior consisting of the finest leather and wood, also taken from the most expensive Primus, the Iratus. Even a phonograph is included, rubber-mounted to avoid scratching on bumpy roads, an ultra-sophisticated General Electric sound system and power windows, mirrors and seats. Even an aircondition comes with no extra cost from the factory.
  • gas dampers, something brand-new also only featured in the finest PRIMUS vehicles

However, we do undestand that you might consider NOT buying a car from a new, unknown company that has it’s success with budget-orientend cars. But on the one hand, everyone knows that Globus is designed and engineered by PRIMUS, an established company with excellent reputation. On the other hand, buying Primus know-how and quality for a low price makes your neighbour green with envy for your cleverness!

THE GLOBUS COMET 520 SUPER SPORT DELUXE - NOW AVAILABLE FOR ONLY 15.000 AUD. You don’t believe it? Visit your local PRIMUS dealer and ask for the new 63’ Globus models and compare it to other offerings in it’s price range. You won’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

Trident Longbow - 1963

Comfort, Prestige and Pace, in One Stylish Package.

Powered by the Ultra-Smooth 6.5L Longbow V8, Also Fitted to the 1963 Arrowhead Sports Car

Built by Professionals For those who want more in a car.

Compact and Quick but Every-inch a Proper, Personal Luxuary Coupe

Now available in Range topping Limited Trim for $16400

See your Local PTMC (USA) Dealer For More information and to Book a Free Test Drive.

2 Likes

COLLIS CITUS deluxe12

Travel fast. Travel in style.

The Deluxe 12 model features:

• V12 engine
  • Dual exhausts
  • Stylish Collis-staple chrome accents
  • Truly innovative technologies including vacuum-operated pop-up headlights and hidden windshield wipers.
  • All-round disk brakes
  • Luxurious and comfortable interior
  • Easy and smooth operation
  • Remarkable sporty feel

You’re ready for a purchase? Well, come on down to your nearest Mons/Collis dealership, and choose one of the many premium colour options available.

7 Likes

That is actually a car that fits a single pilot like a glove. If it drives as good as it looks, that’s a tough competitor.

1 Like

1963 Miller Sunburst Coupe

A relaxing and entertaining driving experience

Modern lightweight monocoque construction.
Smooth 4.2l 6 cylinder engine with double carburetors.
3 speed automatic gearbox.
All around disk brakes and independent suspension.
All leather interior with standard phonograph.

Gallery

9 Likes

Automation is just making an update at this moment, at all entrants: Please check your vehicles. I do not think this will affect me as my car is well below the limits, but some other entrantes seem to use the ET and budget, so please look after it.

1 Like

Yes, if you have submitted before this update, you are allowed a resubmission (and ONLY in that case unless more updates will drop before the deadline). Since the limits are feeling kind of generous at default TP they will remain, though.

As the deadline is still far away, I think it’s possible that more updates will follow until then. So I wait for a rework of my car until shortly before deadline.

Right now a resubmission is not necessary. Cars became more reliable and more expensive, thats all for now. As my car is the budget one, there is no need to do something for me

Reminder: A little less than a week left now. :slight_smile:

1963 Wells Panther

You’ll know it, from the very first time you time you sit in the front bucket leather seat…

Put the key in the ignition, turn it, and feel the 205hp BOSS v8 rumble to life.

Shift the floor mounted 3spd automatic transmission into drive and let the journey begin.

Crisp AM radio with seating for four, cruising never has, nor will be the same

The perfect car, for the perfect gentleman…or woman

The Panther, from Wells

5 Likes

1963 Floyd Motor Co presents the Falcon:

This is it in Limited trim, which represents the top end of the model and includes ground-breaking technologies such as power steering, 4 wheel disc brakes, and an automatic transmission with 3 forward speeds.

4 Adults sit in the lap of luxury with a well-appointed interior, featuring all-power equipment.

The Falcon Limited edition is powered by a 384 cu in OHV V8. Torque and power is available in every gear, assuring a smooth, enjoyable drive.

7 Likes
En route pour les étoiles

1963, Canis Majoris, is back with a slicker, and better GT. Still using a big V8 from overseas, a 6.7L V8, producing around 320hp and 500Nm of torque. Paired with a 4-speed manual, this beast could propel that elegant vessel from 0 to 100 kph in just shy of 7s, mounted with proper tires, and under 8s with cross plies, while flirting with top speeds of more than 240 kph. But with power came also came innovation such as a clutched limited slip differential, and a sliding glass moon roof, for you to enjoy the others stars out there. The Canis Majoris EGT670 is ready to sail.

Gallery

5 Likes
Personal luxury has never before been more attainable. The new Alicanto for 1963 offers a 360 cubic inch V8 with 255 horsepower mated to a smooth shifting three speed automatic. Power steering, bucket seats, and an AM/FM/Phonograph radio come as standard equipment. Your's today for $16,900 AMU.
8 Likes

Just a reminder, 22-ish hours left. :slight_smile:

This far, I’ve got submissions from

@Maverick74
@Lanson
@DuceTheTruth100
@GassTiresandOil
@cake_ape
@Ch_Flash
@DrPepper2002
@Happyhungryhippo
@karhgath
@Bbestdu28

3 Likes

Swanson 555 PC

Planes are good, but what if you could fly while grounded to the ground, too? A staple of reliable, safe and comfortable everyday performance, the Mk1 500 may be on its last year, but can still unleash your inner Maverick. Available in the Coupe exclusively, the 5,5L Boxer 6 literally brings aircraft performance to the streets for a mere 15.900$.

"Born from Props"
  • Crew: one
  • Capacity: three passengers
  • Footprint: 8,1 m3 (+ bumpers)
  • Empty weight: 1360 kg
  • Gross weight: 1817 kg
  • Fuel capacity: 56 US gallons (212 litres)
  • Powerplant: 1 × SAAPE 55B6PRFF63 six cylinder, horizontally opposed terranized aircraft engine, 215 hp @4500 rpm (5500 cc)
  • Transmission: 4-speed manual
  • Cruise speed: 61 kn (70 mph, 113 km/h)
  • Stall speed: 0 kn
  • Never exceed speed: 122 kn (140 mph, 226 km/h)
  • Range: 348 nmi (400 mi, 644 km)
  • Service ceiling: 13,500 ft (4,100 m)
  • Rate of horizontal climb: 4 m/s2 (0-100)
  • Rate of quarter mile: 15.31 s

Fingers crossed I checked everything this time

7 Likes

Okay, as an ASE major that is just an adorable stats sheet, love it!

3 Likes