Journey of Ownership 3C - Bahnstormer 1978 [FINISHED]

Agreed. Revised.

Story is up. Rules discussion for another… say, 48 hours?

few people in the discord were complaining about the rules being dense so i did a thing, thought it would be useful here

joc3c rules and priorities, summarized:
  • PRIORITIES:

High speed cruising potential
Styling

Prestige
Efficiency
Comfort and/or Sportiness
Usability (drive, rel, prac, util, size)
Period correctness

Throttle response
Reliability
Safety
Cargo volume
Environmental resistance

Service costs
Offroad
Value

• RULES:

Naming convention: JOC3C - (yourusername) - (whateveryouwant)

Default Techpool

Interiors will NOT be scored

Ad with photos required

• MODEL/CHASSIS:

Any body style, though trucks/suvs/convertibles unlikely to do well

Molding and end result takes precedence over “body style”, ie. if you mold a minivan body to look like a sports car, its a sports car

Greater than 2.5m wheelbase encouraged

Restrictions apply on rear double wishbone suspension (see rules)

No legacy bodies

• ENGINE:

No year req

No v16s

Leaded 98 RON required

Max loudness ± 50, depending on quality (see rules)

No race parts, except for DCOE carbs

• WHEELS:

Tire sizes ending with 0 are allowed

No semi slicks

Max wheel size 17in

Minimum tire profile 50

• OTHER:

At least basic 70s safety

At least 2 seats

Must have road legal lights/turn signals

Exterior details incl. wipers, fuel doors, key slots, and trunk lid releases must be accounted for in fixtures or text

Euro plates required

Advanced trim is allowed, except in cases where it could have been done with engineering. exceptions made on case by case basis

3 Likes

Too dense or too sprawling? Either way, thanks, I’ll rewrite accordingly, and I wish folks would post here or DM me. I was on Discord a bunch last night, too; no word about this…

Rules discussion going once… going twice… pending any last-minute interjections, I’d say it’s time to haul ass.

2 Likes

I fail to see one very important piece of information, @moroza

Deadline for submiting .car files and ads, to be more precise.
Can you include this piece of information in post with rules, brief etc.?

1 Like

Barring objections, submissions officialy open now, and close Sunday July 9th at 23:59:59 Pacific time.

4 Likes

Do the model and trim have to be 1978, or can the model be older than that?

Model and engine may be older.

2 Likes

1978 Walf Elite V8 307

The best not-a-Wolfe on the market

A true unicorn on the market, this 78 Walf is a unique car. A fully legal (we swear) rebadged Wolfe hailing from eastern Europe, it has been paired with a fully Canadian performance V8, the Wolfe 307, producing a nice and smooth 350hp.

This mid-sized luxury car is perfect for the autobahn, cruising at near 300 km/h and getting from 0 to 100 in about 5 and a half second, all that for a bulky luxury sedan that is still (somewhat) agile.

Yes, our engineers were unable to remove kept the costly state-of-the-art hydropneumatic system for your cruising pleasure and the top of the line dual wishbone suspension is a pleasure for your aging back.

The interior was reupholstered because it was damaged during acquisition and feature a fully luxurious interior with a cassette player for your auditory pleasure.

Full on modern safety feature all along. The only we were able to remove improve was changing the old bulky and prone to failure (so we are told) power steering, now you can show your real strength and steer yourself, making this beast sportier.

Please hurry, we have very limited stocks. One might even be yours today.

Walf - it’s practically a steal.

13 Likes

I see what you did there…

KHI Stellia ZR8

The ZR8 is the German-market variant of the Stellia. Featured with an engine borrowed from an Italian manufacturer, a compact and high tech V8, it achieves a top speed of 171 miles per hour. It gets up to 60 miles per hour in just 5.3 seconds, and does all of this while making a whopping thirty miles to the gallon.

If you’re looking for a smart, comfy cruiser, with reasonable service costs- look no further.

5 Likes
is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_)=====D~~

The 1978 Planar Danazine F6S

The new SM40 Danazine, our most comfortable car ever.

*Overseas model shown, I forgot to take an interior pic shut UP

The debut of our brilliant PASS suspension system, cutting edge styling and aerodynamics, and a more refined interior will back up that claim, all while making a statement on the road.

Also helping to make a statement on the road is our RXO78 flat 6 motor, freshly updated and in the F6S making a more than satisfactory 156kW, meaning you’ll never be left in the dust.

Available now for $42,500 AMU, contact your nearest Planar dealership for more information.

8 Likes

The Cerberus 7.3 V12

Cry ‘Havoc!’, and let slip the dogs of war.

7 Likes
ACR
Seawolf 500S

The Seawolf seeks to invoke the feeling of commanding a yacht sailing through the seas. The vehicle is adorned with smooth lines, sleek appearance and a V12 powerplant at its heart. The S-model boosts the output to a sizable 320 horsepower, and with the addition of a fully covered underbody, it is able to power itself to a top speed of nearly 300 kilometres per hour. It is not unfamiliar to achieving that speed quickly either; it propels itself to a hundred in a mere 6.7 seconds. Furthermore, that does not go against its practicality; four seats, and a lift-back tail to get any of your 450-kilograms of cargo capacity in and secure.

As with ships, minimal resistance to either air or water was a priority in achieving its top speed and fuel economy. As mentioned earlier, all of the underbody is cladded in a secure plastic enclosure, assisting in reducing drag, and reducing the chance and impact of rust, keeping your vehicle in good condition for longer. The headlight assemblies - usually a source of large amounts of drag - were partially covered with a retracting cover, to both reduce drag, reduce glare to other drivers at night, and facilitate the usage of the headlights even if the motor has failed.

Interior

The -500S model also incorporates additional luxury features, like the exclusive Seawolf Information Display (SID). It shows the vehicle’s speed, the RPM of the engine, fuel status, current gear and the time, digitally. SID was sourced from the latest ACR fighter aircraft, which uses the same display and internals as the SID to provide target tracking and flight information.

9 Likes

AUTHIÉ ET DALLIER 8/28 Q.P.

We are honestly speaking not surprised that our luxurious performance sedan is a dream car for many people. Who can say no to a sleek, hand built aluminium body? To a fuel injected 233 hp all aluminium V8 with one camshaft per cylinder bank? To an interior hand crafted using only the finest of materials?

Unfortunately, all good things are coming to an end. The 8/28 Q.P. is now facing its final year of production. Due to the hand built nature of the vehicle, there will of course be a limited amount of 1978 models. You’re not only buying into one of the finest sedans in the world - you’re also buying into a future classic. Just be quick enough to get one while you still can!

Voitures Authié et Dallier
La louvière, Belgium

(OOC: Yes, I know the badges says 8/27, a mistake corrected in the version I will send in)

9 Likes

One week remaining.

Complete submissions:
@shibusu
@xsneakyxsimx
@doot
@lotto77

.car but no ad:
@mart1n2005

Ad but no .car:
@Knugcab
@karhgath

1978 Primus Imperator 520 GTS

Gran Turismo Sport. This speaks for itself.
The Imperator is around since 1967, but frequent and valuable updates keep it at the top of the premium and luxury segment. The Imperator is the old master with the black belt, and it will accept any opponent in the ring for the fight for the crown.
The old master gained even more muscles with a new experimental injection system, bringing new life to the engine that has its roots in the 1950s. Upgraded suspension and top-level brakes make sure that cruising at 200 kph is possible without safety concerns, and in the worst weather, the Imperator brings you home safely, the GTS is now even more stable in muddy and icy conditions. Yes, new sports cars are faster on the straight line, but the convenience of long-distance driving is a discipline where the Imperator set and still sets the benchmark.

So much style, comfort and performance comes at a price. Your Primus dealer will charge you only $ 30.000 for this car. That is surely a lot of money, but still very reasonnable considering this car drives at the summit of what the industry offers at the moment.

8 Likes

Swanson 555 SL
Whether for courier, diplomatic or business work - or simply for your pleasure, the 555 SL offers supercar performance and a luxury everyday experience. A now old AF proven platform heavily refined.

18 valves good, 12 valves bad - The pushrod days at Swanson are (soon) gone, now even the 5,5L gets the 3-valve overhead cam treatment that’s been successful on the smaller engines. Improved power @370hp and 537nm, and a staggering 20-100% fuel economy improvement. Of course, some of this stems from the exclusive fuel injection, a first for 4-door Swansons.

Cruise at up to 162 knots^; park anywhere. Get up to a 100km/h in 5,7 seconds and stop in 39 meters. ^300km/h

**Opulent Interior** - Our SVEN (Special VEhicle Needs) team offers an upgraded interior with extra leather and wood, all hand-built to specification - here in Brown. With a strengthened shell, laminate glass and collapsible telescopic steering wheel, optimal safety is achieved.

At 42.000DM there is but one compromise - the turning circle is quite “American”, but nothing a heavy right foot can’t cure.

5 Likes

FOR SALE, 1977 TIO MOTORS ML21 Formula 1 Car

September 15, 1977,

The #8 TIO ML21 driven by Marc Curcio is for sale in our showroom! This is the actual car raced by Curcio, with the 3.0 V12 and all 500 horses. It hit a whopping 223 mph in the 1977 season and has a 0-60 of 3.10 seconds. the ML21 is totally street legal (if you make a really good deal with the cop that pulls you over.) and is very easy to handle for the average beginner. This car is sure to give you a ton of upershuabtenagssdghsdywydsha on the Autobahn.

15 Likes

I see a potential problem, unless my eyes deceive me…