Journey of Ownership 3C - Bahnstormer 1978 [FINISHED]

nuh uh

Technically, one seat would be street-legal, and if I were stricter about rules being legality and not desirability, that’s what they’d say. I’m sure Germany had bumper and lights regulations too, and that this would not suit them.

GetthehellouttamywaypeasantsforIamüberwanganmaschineprestige? Well, you tell me - you’re cruising a highway minding your business, when a freaking F1 car comes wailing up to your rearview. How do you react?

…does it even have highbeams to flash?

2 Likes

This is true. I’d move out of the way.

@shibusu triggered me with perfect accurate DIN-plates, so I made that too, including the D-sticker. Enjoy the Imperator test car from Magdas nearest PRIMUS dealer (Frankfurt/Main registration) doing what it can best on the Autobahn - speeding on the left lane with the left indicator set to warn others what a racing behemoth is coming from behind with insane speed.

8 Likes

Won’t have a chance to add any more polish. Let’s just agree the interior should look really nice.
(* Color shown available on special order)

9 Likes

Ah, drat, I forgot about the D-sticker. Car’s bin-worthy now :joy:
I seriously thought it only came around later, but I’ve seen a Kadett from around that time with an NL sticker so a minor lapse on my part haha

Looks great!

My memories of FRG start in 1982 but it was definitely existing on most cars in the mid-80s. Not sure about the 70s. My Audi (1984) and my second Galant (1990) had it. With my Talbot I had first I didnt leave the country so not sure about that.

1978 Martinet Correur II

Maybe some frensh waftiness? This is the successor to the legendary Martinet Correur, and yes it has kept “hydrospastic” suspension…

Gallery

7 Likes

Since I had contact with the host and it is a matter of fairness to share the information I got:

• Use up the budget, at least do not stay below 30k since Magda will spend money.
  • A power of below 250 horsepower will not stand much chance.
  • RESUBMISSIONS ARE ALLOWED, at least one will be accepted without discussion.

To clarify:

1. Yes, resubmissions are permitted, at least one without question. If I feel they’re being abused, I’ll warn first.
  2. Power isn’t everything, and there is a wide range of actual performance relative to engine output among current entries - one of the highest performers so far has some of the fewest horses - but yes, see the Inspirations and note that all of them, at least the Primaries, are 250-300+, SAE or DIN net (not gross).
  3. Cheap makes Competitive more so, but does not substitute for it. A free moped would leave Magda still looking for a car.

didn’t read the whole thread, made the wrong car :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m not so sure that an escapee from GDR would want to buy what’s more or less a Trabant.

6 Likes

Maybe to remember the “good old times”

2 Likes

Good old times? GDR? I think those are mutually exclusive.

2 Likes

Not everything was bad but let me say it that way: There were good reasons why so many people wanted to escape.

2 Likes

1978 Novalina Belentino

An American heart in an Italian suit

7 Likes

1978 Bellomont Amalfi Signature d’Elegance

INTRODUCING THE ULTRA LUXURIOUS BELLOMONT AMALFI

I AM PRETTY SURE IT IS NAMED AFTER SOMEWHERE IN EUROPE AND THAT’S WHY WE THOUGHT THE EUROPEANS WOULD LOVE IT

FEEL THE RAW POWER AS YOU ROAR DOWN THE AUTOBARN OR WHATEVER WITH A 350 CUBIC INCH V8 MAKING A BLISTERING 190 HORSEPOWER

IT’S ENOUGH IN AMERICA SO I’M SURE IT’S ENOUGH ANYWHERE

JUST INDULGE IN THE FUCKING LUXURY

NOW HERE IS REAL FOOTAGE FROM THE AUTOBARN WHERE WE GIVE A COMMIE WHAT HE DESERVES FOR NOT BUYING AMERICAN

DON’T BE LIKE HIM AND BUY A NEW BELLOMONT AMALFI TODAY

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS AMERICA

18 Likes

Awwww, so cute.

2 Likes

1978 KMA K650 Coupe

For when you have to bring a $50k hyper-GT to a super-GT fight.

Interior

1 Like

(Slightly under) 72 hours remain.

Complete entries:
@shibusu
@xsneakyxsimx
@doot
@lotto77
@mart1n2005
@Happyhungryhippo
@Ludvig
@DrDoomD1scord