Kasai Motor Co - 2018 Maxi AWD out now!

We allocate a lot more time and resources on the performance fine-tuning aspects rather than body styling. :laughing:

On a related news, we are also open for collaboration opportunities with other manufacturers!

1 Like

Monarch Motor Company would appreciate the opportunity to collaborate. Miguel

1 Like

That’s great news! We’re looking forward to work together later this week after the UE4 version addresses the broken import/export feature.

1 Like

Which is a reply that does not work in real life companies. While the car is being engineered the designers have more than 30 minutes to design a car, so they spend it well (usually). In Automation terms it just means “I was not bothered by the design”, which is strange, because the looks of the car are the main course on these forums, and the technical part is secondary, or in other words - you’re trying to share things that are on their own barely registering on the “interest-o-meter” on these forums.

So far the best piece of design you’ve done is the Sekken, and that is the car I’m most interested in, since if I am not impressed by the looks of your sports cars, I’m not really interested in how they perform… and from the other side, the fact that your kei kar looks so nice makes me interested in a car segment I’d never even bother with (Kei cars). The looks are everything. Unless you’re going all out on your engineering skills and are going to run a sub 6:20 on the ring in lore. That bunch of hypercars - everybody knows and shows interest in… it also helps that they are all very individual and interesting to look at.

1 Like

The Kasai-tuned 1970 Monarch Mystery, featuring a brand new engine and completely rebuilt interior.

11 Likes

Wow I have abandoned this thread for this long

2016 GMBK Kasai.

Don’t ask what it stands for. No seriously, don’t.

Boring bits

Specifications

Dimensions
Wheelbase: 2.7m
Length: 4.37m
Weight: 1589 kg
Weight distribution: 44% Front / 56% Rear

Engine
Engine name: 8KME-40XT
Displacement: 3983cc
Bore x Stroke: 86.0mm x 85.7mm
Engine weight: 221.5 kg
Power: 700hp @ 8200 RPM
Torque: 664 Nm @ 7100 RPM
Redline: 9000 RPM
Valves: 32 (4 valves per cylinder)
Aspiration: Twin-turbo, direct injection

Gearbox
Type: 6-speed transversal Dual Clutch
Differential type: eLSD (Electric)
Ratios:

• 1st: 3.750:1
    2nd: 2.250:1
    3rd: 1.570:1
    4th: 1.180:1
    5th: 0.926:1
    6th: 0.750:1
    Final gear: 4.10:1

Chassis
Chassis type: Carbon fiber monocoque
Body panel: Aluminium
Suspension: Pushrod [F] / Pushrod [R]

Brakes
Type: Carbon ceramic vented disc [F] / Carbon ceramic vented disc [R]
Size: 365mm [F] / 315mm [R]
Calipers: 3-piston [F] / 2-piston [R]

Performance
Top speed: 300 km/h
0-100 km/h: 3.0 s
80-120 km/h: 1.5 s
1/4 mile: 10.74 s

17 Likes

Coming soon-ish

7 Likes

Front needs a bit of tweaking, but side and rear? Nailed it!
:drooling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words.

jesus, that badge looks like an absolute pain in the ass. was it?

2 Likes

1985 Kasai Premier A280

The Kasai A-type family of sedans has had a long history in Japan’s domestic market, dating as far back as 1964 with its A200 lineup. Catering towards the higher-end segment, Kasai built different trims of A-types meant to fill in various roles, ranging from luxury taxis to executive company vehicles.

In 1985, Kasai built a USDM-exclusive A280 which was equipped with a 2.8L V6 engine producing a maximum of 126 bhp and 147 lb.ft torque, option for turbocharging on higher trims, and 4-speed automatic transmission as a standard. Additionally, Kasai also made a ‘fleet’ version of the A280 Premier (base trim) meant for high mileage, low cost usage, featuring cloth interior, a tape player, an AM/FM radio system, and sealed beam headlights to differentiate it from the higher trim models.

Penetrating a skeptical market was never an easy task for any foreign marque, but the A280 eventually managed to find its niche and thrived in the premium segment. Motivated by the successful sales of the A280, Kasai then released 3.0L and 4.0L V8 AWD variant of the A-type further down its production line.

20 Likes

Absolutely sexy

1 Like
You're not wrong. But the tiny lettering wasn't the *absolute worst* part in the detailing process. The chrome on the wheel arches takes the cake for that.

4 Likes

holy damn! I did that once with way thicker strips of chrome and it was torture. major props.

1 Like

Itasha Subculture

Pictured: Kasai Maxi AWD itasha with “Little Witch Academia” livery.

Itasha (痛車, literally “painmobile”) is a Japanese slang term for the otaku fad of decorating cars with anime decal. These decorations tend to be extremely elaborate and involve everything from paint schemes to stickers. Similarly, there are anime-decorated motorcycles and bicycles which are called itansha (痛単車) and itachari (痛チャリ), respectively. These cars can typically be seen around or near famous anime districts in Japan on Sundays, such as Akihibara (Tokyo), Nipponbashi (Osaka), or Ōsu (Nagoya).

The concept of decorating one’s car with anime-themed decals was introduced to the Japanese public in the early 2000s with the advents of color printing technology and establishment of otaku communities on the web. The Itasha culture was mentioned at Comikets (Comic Markets) as early as 2005. The first Itasha convention known as Auto Salon (あうとさろーね Autosarōne) took place in 2007, which was largely arranged through Moe-related online communities.

More info or photos to come soon, maybe. Idk. Taking photos using integrated graphics is really inconvenient.

Here’s the car file if you want to try it out: Kasai Maxi - Lotte itasha AWD.car (346.1 KB)

21 Likes

This is the greatest thing I’ve seen in a while oh my gosh

4 Likes

1985 Kasai Yama

Roughly around the same year as the A280’s first release in the USA, Kasai also released a utility vehicle for the global market called the Yama (Japanese for ‘mountain’). This small, two-door 4x4 utility vehicle is powered by a 2L carbureted inline-4 engine producing a maximum of 87 hp and 137 Nm. According to Kasai engineers, in its highest configuration, the Yama has all the ingredients for a good light off-roader: A short wheelbase, a torquey 4x4 powertrain, a lightweight body, and big chunky tires.

A one-off, 150hp turbo version was also made, though its poor reliability and expensive turbo and fuel injection parts rendered it unsuitable for mass production.

13 Likes