Komodo Speed Research - Paris Motor Show

back in 1972. Komodo Motors made a separate and independent division that is focused performance cars, both on the road and on the track. while the name still has “Komodo” branding in it, it is a completely independent “company”, so the the car that is released are not purely from Komodo only. it is a division that researches, makes, and compares our own car and cars from other makes.

in doing so, we broaden our knowledge and experience to put back into our future cars. it is both a company, and a tool for learning. but it is, at the same time, our racing division. post 1972, every racing car we make is done independently by KSR under the Komodo’s main brand request and supervision.

#Accepting Car Upgrade Requests

5 Likes

#KSR Z-3

####Based on Maesima MRZ-3 Range

####back story

around mid 2016 Maesima launched the MRZ-3 range. a compact lightweight sports car for cheap. our Python Lineup also came out a few months earlier catering to a similiar market, but at a slightly higher starting price. so we see it as a pretty worthy competitor. their engines are smaller but they are lighter. ours it a hatchback, theirs is a low-slung sportster. so we send a few envoys to get a test drive of their cars to find out just how much of a competition this car is, and they came back with… business wise, it’s pretty a pretty good, but it has more hidden potential, and some quirks. although our envoys also said it could be worth some investment to get the car for learning purposes.

So we sent some quotation for a business deal to Maesima so we could get it below sticker price and avoid dealer mark ups. we requested a total of 6 cars, 2 of each trim. upon extensive testing and trial runs, the Xz and the STX-R are the trims that has the most hidden potential. the ST-Z is not as worth it to modify, as it’s simply too familiar to the STX-R, and modifiying is would just result in the same end point as modifiying the STX-R

Z-3 Super X

based on the Xz trim

######pardon the imperfect editing. it was mostly done with ms paint :stuck_out_tongue:

the engine. we completely overhauled it, but it still retains most of the components that are already good enough.

changes:

• we did some de-chroming on some of the exterior parts
  • added rear wing
  • added LED Fog Lamp
  • new brake rotors and calipers
  • replaced stock tires with wider tires on alloy rims
  • replaced the rear differential to torsen differential with longer final gearing to suit the engine power
  • activated the blocked Launch Control software code (it was already there, but it was disabled)
  • engine is bored out as much as possible while not sacrificing strength, but completely stroked down. an undersquared engine revving to 9k+ RPM was a recipe for disaster. new rev limit is lowered to a safer 8400RPM
  • new geometry forged piston with lower compression.
  • new cam profiles
  • Turbo!
  • completely overhauled exhaust system
  • re worked suspension system, including adding the semi-active sway bars that was in the STX-R

it is now nearly as powerful at the ST-Z, but lighter, yet at the same time, quite a bit more fuel efficient than stock.

if you want it, we’re selling it at an almost breakeven point of
##Price : $16900

Z-3 Super STX-Z

based on the STX-R trim

this one is from the top of the line of the MRZ-3 series. but no matter what we do with the engine we just can’t be satisfied with it. so in the end, it’s got an engine swap. now this one has a brand new even more upgraded version of the engine that was in the Python Fighter. none of our cars has received this new higher potential engine. so this should be an interesting experiment even for us. since it has gained 45 more horses, and 36 more Nm when ran on premium

changes:

• color scheme obviously. now a matte light grey color
  • major de-chroming work to fit the new color
  • changed the front lip and rear wing
  • engine swap, as i’ve already said.
  • wide-body kit. okay, not that wide, but wider from stock
  • new 255mm wider tires on the 4 corners, on lighter alloy rims
  • transmission swap, now has the same transmission as the one in Python. AWD option could’ve been added very simply, but the weight increase was already more than what we’re comfortable with
  • also new brake rotors and caliper on all 4 sides
  • fitted active control sports suspension with adaptive dampers included, and complete rework

it could be yours for
$31700 and 2 weeks or more waiting time.

so, for Maesima and it’s creator @Rk38 thank you for the cooperation :slight_smile:

7 Likes

First Request came in. the car was sent into our workshop, with an envelope on the driver seat and key still on the column.
Comment: “Turn it into a hyper car. Surprise me, and don’t contact me unless the car is done”

#KSR Mk 3

first, we need to know what we’re dealing with. taking a test drive, it’s a pleasure to be inside as expected from a high end premium car, or a luxury car even. but there’s just 1 thing that’s is just really impacting the drive. the engine. it’s just… it’s not bad per se, but there’s a lot of no no. it has good power, good delivery, but is just feels unexplainably lacking when driving it. we’re going to taking it apart later anyway, so we’ll figure that part out.

but on the first step of discerning the engine, the computer software checkups, it reveals everything that was well, not wrong, but improper. it’s badly tuned. it drinks WAY more than it needs, but it’s only puffing it back out through the exhaust without making proper power. opening the oil pan tells us what the bottom end is made out of. it’s a highly over engineered, undertuned engine. it has plenty of OP parts for the power it makes.

and you know what? he(assuming that the customer is a male, nothing was said about this) sent this car at the PERFECT time. we have already announced the Komodo Serba Super Saloon, and it will go on sale within 2 months. and what that has to do with this tune up? the engine. completely overhauling the current engine is gonna take more effort and time than just swapping the engine. so there you go. it now has the same engine as the Serba, a Twin Turbo 7.9L V12, except, it’s not exactly the same. this is the KSR department you know, any car shop car do an engine swap. we’re doing more than just that.

Mk3 SK-R

remember we said that an engine swap is not enough? yup. the 1000+hp Serba engine is tuned up to get almost 200 more horses it is now a twelve-hundred-horsepower-monster

Changes:

• MAJOR chassis re-inforcement to handle almost more than triple the power of the original engine
  • interior is ripped out and replaced with a normal car interior, but made out of fiber glass, because who want to make a single plastic mold for just 1 car
  • replaced the whole headlights and taillight setup
  • repainted it Stabilo green for the “SURPRISE ME” element
  • added dual foglamps
  • added front lip
  • other smaller cosmetic changes needed like cutting open closed vents
  • re-engineer suspension setup and retune the software to make it a sport oriented one instead of comfort oriented active suspension
  • engine swap. (original engine will be shipped back to customer along with the car, unless the customer specify something else)
  • transmission gear replaced with reinforced gears, coupled with bigger and stronger diff
  • tyres and wheels are now track spec, race ready ultra wide tires of 315mm both front and rear
  • brake system setup overhaul
  • installed active rear spoiler and front cooling flaps
  • installed roll cage.

it is now a different monster. although we could push it even more, considering this was a luxury car, which means it was probably drive relatively often, we wouldn’t sacrifice more car control for more speed, which was also why we didn’t go with completely ripped interior like for a race prepped. though if he is considering racing it, it’s pretty easy to remove, and we’ve included the manual with it.

now to contact the customer and see if he likes it.

4 Likes

#KSR SR3
###Based on the Saminda C3 - SpectaL

#The Powerhouse

when we saw it coming out, it didn’t exactly met our expectation, on closer look, we strongly speculated that, it was definitely the case, the car was crippled down. so we reached out to saminda to get one of it at a business to business price. a few days later, we have the car came, so we got to work.

Changes:

• Name : SR 3 Spectre
  • Turns out the RB-15F2C was being held back in capacity a lot: so, engine bored up to 1710cc form 1470cc
  • VVL cam overhaul
  • full engine retune + new KSR Alpha III ECU (Adding Launch Control as well)
  • new CNC milled geometry piston with slightly lower compression
  • changed the turbo. now providing 1 bar/14.7 psi of boost
  • fitted custom built Independent Throttle per Cylinder
  • completely new exhaust system to fit all these new improvements
  • new spoiler and lips attached
  • wheel arches are flared to fit wider tires
  • Obligatory Komodo Side Stripe+Hood Nose
  • Modified the Cooling flaps to provide more air for the engine
  • new 17 rims with wider tires
  • new Torsen LSD fitted
  • Braking System Overhaul
  • Undertray Cladding modified to add Diffuser and better high speed stability
  • replaced the super heavy entertainment system, with lighter system while keeping all the neccesary features on it, and kicking out the extras
  • Suspension Overhaul(for some reason, they still uses twin tube shock absorbers). replaced with Coilovers
  • oh just to be safe. we applied our own fix to the possible ignition problem JUST TO BE SAFE.

results:

• peak power from 178@7100 to 241hp@7700 + peak torque from 220Nm@2700 to 251@5900
  • engine redline is upped to
  • economy is not that badly hurt going from 16.25km/l to 15.54km/l
  • even with all the new bells and whistles, it lost 17Kgs
  • no practicality or safety is compromised at all
  • 0-60 in 7sec flat
  • 60-0 in less than 30m
  • up to 1.1g cornering capabilities
  • Price $30000 Edit: price has gone up because Saminda themselves raised the base price
2 Likes

#KSR Varg-S XTR4

#The MONSTERHOUSE

Same Story as the SR3, we Just Thought that it could be so much more. and so made the “SO MUCH MORE” version of it

Changes:

• spoiler looks like it’s from the 90s. changed it
  • blocked off some vents to help aerodynamic functions, and moved it to somewhere that would cool the engine more efficiently
  • added a glass sunroof
  • complete engine tune up and rebuild with more precision made parts
    • turbo fix
    • compression and timing re-adjustment
    • all new exhaust system + 2 straight through mufflers
  • transmission gear ratio adjustment
  • aerodynamic fixtures are readjusted to give more downforce on the rear.
  • brake disc are changed to smaller size, but with better calipers.
  • added the powersteering the original car didn’t have
  • put in semi-bucket seats, and dashboard refitted to have at least some entertainment system inside.
  • suspension system overhaul
4 Likes

Cavallera would like to cooperate with KSR to get the in depth know-how for however 1300hp was extracted from this engine.
You certainly made the car heavier but still make it go faster around the Green Hell. We at Cavallera say thanks and :thumbsup:

oh. i forgot to put the download link.
will put them in later.

oh it could be pushed to make 1500hp+ if you forget reliability. i tuned the engine to use a bit leaner fuel mixture, but played a lot with the turbos

What if I told you…

…you can go faster around the track with RWD and 300bhp less than the Monsterhouse? :wink:

3 Likes

if you can do with RWD but the same weight AND 300hp less than that will blow my mind.

this thing i made is a fat fuck

2 Likes

The Entropy Shinigami has 200 hp less and only a 100 kg weight advantage and laps the Nur 8 seconds quicker with a manual transmission.

2 Likes

should i ditch the interior to see what it does? because it does have a relatively ‘heavy’ interior stuff

I notice your comfort rating’s not too bad, so there’s probably something in there to be had. Also I bet you didn’t do what I tend to do and ditch the safety haha, though I didn’t put it all the way to just above 40 like I normally do. I’m also using +3 sport tyres for my high 6:48. Using high quality semi slicks will obviously slash like 7 seconds off that time.

1044bhp (because I wanted to make a street hypercar, so it spools from 3600rpm onwards)
1259.5kg
141.9k w/ 73% base markup
105 engineering time for both car and engine

2 Likes

AHAHAHAHAHAH the Triba that i just released had a 250months engineering time. started in the 90s, and came out now

Yeah ever since it got turned into a proper metric I’ve forced myself to pay attention to it. Ram’s original Varg variants had around that ballpark time and price so I wanted to keep it to that to see what was possible. After all the original trims were doing like a 7:09 with over 1200bhp.

Suspension setting is not to be overlooked…

3 Likes

it wasn’t but i didn’t exactly super fine tune it for the fastest track time… that’s only for BRC Car tuning level. i’m not spending a week tuning a car that’s not for BRC