Lashette's Neurotic Engineering Projects

Hiya, I’m Lashette, new to the forums but I’ve been playing automation since it launched on steam and I feel the desire to share my cars that I make for challenges after they’ve been reviewed and the submissions close. I’m not really joking about being neurotic as I will spend hours flipping through sliders back and forth a couple ticks to eek out as much as I can.

So without further ado, here is the Monaire Makasete for QFC78

QFC78_-_Lashette65535_-_Makasetette.car (230.6 KB) Feel free to download and check out

My thoughts on building this was to avoid doing a classic kei van, I like the challenge of RR and I have a tendency to make cheap engines and cheap chassisesesse and cover it up with nice interior and other junk. This follows this philosophy by having a 2.4L flat 6 with daohc. Sadly I did not notice I didn’t meet WES 8 oops so that stung, oh well. Anyways my wife picked the color for this car and you’ll notice some of my fun ways to fake out the weight slider with wide stance spaced front wheels, heavier than necessary front brakes, etc. For me the main challenge of RR is balancing making the engine light weight but still reliable so I end up using pushrods alot

1 Like

No offense but it looks kinda funny lmao

1 Like

None taken! I went for a quirky look but that appears to have not panned out in the end

Single point EFI is indeed cheaper than a multi-point setup, but the latter had become the norm by 1994, so under that egg-shaped skin, it’s showing its age.

1 Like

Yep! I picked SPI specifically because it is cheaper and more reliable than MPI. To make up for the performance loss I used VVL which I think only dropped it by .1 so like whatever