Looking to help with development

Hi, I guess this post is really just for the Dev’s.

I’m new to the forum, but have had the demo for about a year now and have since purchased the pre-order. I’ve been reading the dev posts and threads lately and I think I may be able to contribute to the project in some way.

I am a mechanical engineering student (finishing school this semester) with some programming knowledge, mostly engineering languages. My passion is cars, and I’m currently a design lead and the chief engineer for a team that builds an off-road car every year, so I’m quite well versed in automotive engineering at this point.

I’d be interested in seeing what I might be able to do as far as working out algorithms, engineering advice, or even just suggestions/strategies to get the calculations more predictable and realistic. The realism aspect of the game is what really intrigued me about it, and I believe the team has done a great job so far.

I’m very familiar with the demo and I have plenty of time to contribute to this project. I would like nothing more than to see this game get made (and properly at that!) so please let me know if there’s anything I can do.

I’d say the best bet to help us would be to apply as a beta tester next time we take on a new set, people with engineering knowledge are always useful in the beta :slight_smile:

You do the Baja SAE?

Haha yeah I do. I’m the chief engineer and drivetrain design lead for the University of Rochester. Only a few weeks until Tennessee.