Lua Crash

This is one for devs

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string"–client\functional\engineWizard_delegates.lu…"]:1662:attempt to index a nil vlaue

I hope this is the correct place to be putting it! :slight_smile:

What did you do in order to get this? What are the steps to reproduce this?

I got this crash by doing the scenario “Millenium Crash”

I built an engine as normal, (I think it was a 2399CC Inline 4 Engine with a Turbo) and then I got to to the testing stage where it gives you all of the stats + objectives. I got all of the objectives except for the “Economy better than 0.781lb/(hph)” and the “Weight lower than 120kg”. After I thought I had put enough time into the engine I clicked on the arrow to lead to trim, presuming this would come up and tell me stats and how I scored on the scenario, but instead the game froze, so I tabbed out and saw this crash error, that came up about 8 times (so pressing ok on a crash dialogue and then another of the same message popping up), and thats how I got this crash. If you want any more info maybe on the spec of my computer or OS then just give me another reply :slight_smile:

I have similar error when i start the game : Fatal error while loading init.lua: [string"–client\functional\TopBarDelegates_Engines…|…"]:17 attempt to index field ‘FactoryInfo’ (a nil value) Can you help me ? Thank you from now.

@kokosika: Probably some engine save file that got corrupted? :frowning: Try if the game starts and runs normally if you remove the last engine you worked on (or the whole Engines folder) in Documents\My Games\Automation
If you last played a scenario before you got the issues, then try removing that save file here: My Games\Automation\Scenarios

I got:

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_Suspension.lua…”]:282: attempt to index field ‘FrontSuspension’ (a nil value)

from trying to load a car previously built.

Falco: That is the saving bug, check out the workaround stickied here in the support forums.

I had the same
Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_Suspension.lua…”]:282: attempt to index field ‘FrontSuspension’ (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

and heres a pic of what happened after i hit ok… :open_mouth:

[quote=“TheColoredCow”]I had the same
Lua Error:

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.

and heres a pic of what happened after i hit ok… :open_mouth:[/quote]

Read Killrob’s response above about the saving issue, that worked for me. And I had the exact same error.