LZ Automotive

LZ Automotive is proud to announce the XC Type, the ultimate sport car for the everyday use!!

DriveTrain: AWD 605HP
0-100 Km/h: 2.9secs
Economy: 10 l/100km
TopSpeed: 280Km/h
PRICE: 39,999.00 $$

Nice, it is a well balanced vehicle, good performance without blowing out costs.

I’m glad that for once someone has made a decent car without setting all quality sliders to 15.

Great car, it has to be said! Has a good engine, and very good performance considering how much it costs to make. Selling the car at $40k would be impossible though, unless suddenly people buy gas-guzzling 600 bhp monsters in their hundreds of thousands :stuck_out_tongue:

Is $40,000 realistic for a 600hp car? A base Porsche Boxster with about 260hp costs about $51,000.
My own formula works out a price of $68338 (25* production units + materials * 3). A 650hp Corvette Z06 starts at $78,000

[quote=“utopian201”]

Is $40,000 realistic for a 600hp car? A base Porsche Boxster with about 260hp costs about $51,000.
My own formula works out a price of $68338 (25* production units + materials * 3). A 650hp Corvette Z06 starts at $78,000[/quote]

14$K to make and 208 production units, It can be sold for 40k or a bit more.

[quote=“utopian201”]

My own formula works out a price of $68338 (25* production units + materials * 3). A 650hp Corvette Z06 starts at $78,000[/quote]

Most European cars are incredibly overpriced…

You must remember that this a very powerful sports car and not many people would buy something like this. If it was a mainstream car that sells in its hundreds of thousands, then $40k would be understandble. This most certainly will not be selling anywhere near as much as it is a 600 bhp monster that will burn holes in people’s wallets when it comes to running them. Sales will be far less and therefore in order to make a profit you will have to share the costs over fewer cars making the sale price far higher. You might want to be looking at almost double that price.

From looking at the difference in prices between American and European offerings, the price gap isn’t as big as it used to be. European cars cost more most of the time because the European car buyer demands more from a car than an American car buyer does, so they cost a lot more to make. On top of this, European cars cost less in America than they do in Europe, but American cars sold in Europe costs an awful lot more than the do in America to the point where, in some cases, they cost the same as rivals. The Cadillac ATS 2.0T costs the same as the BMW 328i, for example. You don’t see Corvettes out and about here even though they are cheaper than rivals simply because a European buyer would want much better fuel economy and a more sophisticated interior. It has to be said that American cars have come on leaps and bounds in the last few years (from my point of view), but they never seem to do diesel engine offerings for their cars in Europe which is what is preventing them from getting better sales and potentially being cheaper than European rivals. :slight_smile:

Hope that explains that a bit

Yes, you don’t see many American cars over in Europe because, well, they’re taxed to shit and they’re usually inefficient but I’m not just talking about American cars, look at Asian cars such as the Kia Cadenza or Hyundai Genesis, they’re actually extremely cheap for what they are. Volkswagen or Mercedes would charge maybe twice the price of the Kia or Hyundai for a similar product.

It is only that way in the US nowadays. Kia and Hyundai only undercut their rivals now by almost nothing in Europe (in some cases, like £5 :stuck_out_tongue:). In the US you get completely different Kias and Hyundais which not only are less engineered and made cheaper, but they are also made within the US. Ours get shipped in from a rather long way away.