Make Fixtures Non-Solid on BeamNG Export

I’ve a plan for a BeamNG build, which requires fixtures that extend way beyond the car body, but are non-solid and clip through doorways, objects, and especially the floor. So far, in my tests I’ve found that every fixture I’ve tried to use- even badges -are completely solid on export, making the planned car undrivable.

Here’s one test to illustrate what I mean; ideally, the triangle and square are purely aesthetic and clip through the floor, allowing the truck to drive around as though they don’t exist. Instead, their hitboxes push the truck’s wheels way above the pavement, and make this car effectively a sculpture

Is there any way I can set fixtures to not be solid like this on export? Or at least, specific fixtures that aren’t solid which I could build something with?

4 Likes

i think this was possible until they forced expand body bounds on every car literally last update, and for some reason the option to disable it is gone

3 Likes

Dang, the struggles of a pre-release game. This is the first time I tried to do something like this, didn’t know about that option; I hope it comes back in the next patch.

Either way, does that mean there are no fixtures that won’t have this effect? Not even recolorable PNGs/stickers?