Meridian Speedway

As @BlantonMotors himself called it, this is a bit of an oddball request. This is Meridian Speedway, a relatively unknown a 1/4 mile paved oval, 10 miles from his hometown in Ideehoo. It’s hosted the NASCAR K&N Pro Series since 1972… and that’s about all I could find out. It really isn’t well known.

Background track graphic is from Google Maps.

http://meridianspeedway.com/wp-content/gallery/june-3/06032011-2024.jpg

== Changelog ==
v1 Track created. Camber, elevation and length accurate to real track. Sportiness unsure, but I put in values from some video I found.
v1.1 Thanks @BlantonMotors for pointing out a massive mess on my part. Entire track redone, length much closer now, added sportiness values, rotated background track graphic.

== Download ==
Meridian Speedway v1.1.zip

3 Likes

Thanks for taking my request

1 Like

Oh, attention! All right what I’d like you guys to do is to enjoy building a NASCAR-spec car and take it around this place, see how close it gets to the real times set.

The K&N Pro Series regulations are 650+hp, NA V8, 12:1 compression, over 3,300lbs (1500kg), 4 speed, and steel chassis. Average lap times for this class is about 14.6sec. I’ve been tuning my Leviathan to meet regulations, but I still need to shave 100lbs, and one thing I noticed is that the car drives through the infield, cruises down Main Street, and plows through the grandstands. It seems the path of the track is rotated 45 degrees from the map, But overall, it seems accurate, great job! :smiley:

I’m pretty sure the Tracks have to start from a horizontal plane, so the map must be rotated 90 degrees.

I’m not sure what’s the issue here? Let me check it out, gimme a few moments.
EDIT: I got it figured out. I still need to test it out, and Automation’s giving me some troubles. I’ll get the update out in about 12 hours, kinda busy.

1 Like

New update out! What seems to have been the issue was that the track was vertically oriented and I had put in a tiny arc at 90 degrees so that the start/finish straight would work out. That seems to have broken it. Redid the track, and put in rotated background track graphics. Vri404 was right, the track has to be horizontal.

1 Like

just did a quick test run, the car follows the map, lap times are definitely on point now. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Awesome!