Midgård Cars Engine showroom - updated 2016-01-07

I’ll be showing the engines used in my cars here. If you want to, you can buy Midgård Cars’ engines and use them in your own cars.

The cast iron 2,4 liter inline 4 used in the 1951 Criado 2.4. A really cheap engine that runs on regular quality leaded fuel.

Internals: cast iron crankshaft, cast iron conrods and cast iron pistons.
Valvetrain: Direct Acting OHC 2 valves/cylinder.
Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 2 barrel single carburettor, 5000 RPM, 13.5:1.
Header and exhaust: short cast, single 1.75” exhaust.

The cast iron 3,2 liter inline 6 used in the 1953 Portador. A somewhat cheap inline 6 with a smooth operation. Offers a comfortable ride for luxury cars.

Valvetrain: SOHC 3 valves/cylinder.
Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 2 barrel single carburettor, 5400 RPM, 13.5:1.
Header and exhaust: short cast, single 2.25” exhaust.

And the cast iron 5,4 liter crossplane V8 used in the 1953 Portador and 1956 Vibora 329. A reasonably sized V8 offering a whopping 277 horsepower and 405Nm of torque! Works well in sportier cars… or in any car where a rumbling V8 is needed.

Valvetrain: SOHC 4 valves/cylinder.
Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 2 barrel single carburettor, 5400 RPM, 13.5:1.
Header and exhaust: tubular header, dual 2” exhaust.

The cast iron 3,2 liter ”Monark” inline 6 used in the 1955 Portador Monark. An updated version of the old 3,2 liter inline 6, which gave the engine a bit more power, higher reliabilty and higher smoothness. Built for top-tier luxury automobiles.

Internals: Forged steel crankshaft, forged H beam conrods and forged pistons.
Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 2 barrel twin carburettor, 5500 RPM, 13.5:1.
Header and exhaust: tubular header, single 2,50” exhaust.

The cast iron 6,0 liter V8 used in the 1956 1956 Vibora 366, and available as an optional engine for the 1958 Gobernardor. A larger V8 with loads of power and torque. Great for muslce cars or when you need to ruin a set of tires really, really fast.

Internals: forged steel crankshaft, forged H beam conrods and forged pistons.
Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 2 barrel twin carburettor, 5400 RPM, 13.5:1.
Header and exhaust: tubular header, dual 2” exhaust.

The cast iron 3,2 liter inline 6 used in the 1958 Gobernardor. Pretty much the same engine as in 1953. Very little changes were made, except replacing the internals with forged parts.

Internals: cast iron crankshaft, forged H beam conrods and forged pistons.
Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 2 barrel single carburettor, 5500 RPM, 13.5:1.
Header and exhaust: short cast, single 2.25” exhaust.

The cast iron 2.4 liter inline 4 used in the 1960 Criado 2.4.. Essentially the same version as the first 2.4 liter inline 4, but this one has been improved with a smoother torque curve, more power and higher fuel efficiency.

Valvetrain: Direct acting OHC 2 valves/cylinder.
Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel single carburettor, 5500 RPM, 13.8:1.
Header and exhaust: short cast, single 2” exhaust.

The cast iron 3.2 liter inline 6 used in the 1962 Portador. A drastically improved version of our good ol’ 3.2 liter inline 6. It features a neat torque curve, higher fuel efficiency and a four valve SOHC instead of three valves.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel twin carburettor, 5500 RPM, 13.6:1.
Header and exhaust: tubular header, single 2.25” exhaust.

The cast iron 6.0 liter V8 used in the 1965 Vibora 366. Almost the same as the last generation of our 6.0 liter V8 but the power output was raised for extra tire destruction madness and some internals were replaced for higher durability.

Internals: forged steel crankshaft, I beam steel conrods and forged pistons.
Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel twin carburettor, 5700 RPM, 13.5:1.
Header and exhaust: tubular header, dual 2.25” exhaust.

The cast iron 5.4 liter V8 used in the 1965 Vibora 329. The little engine that could got an update as well for higher revs, better durability and increased power.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel single carburettor, 5900 RPM, 13.5:1.

The cast iron 2.4 liter inline 4 used in the 1966 Mundo. We upgraded our inline 4 by giving it a SOHC, higher fuel efficiency, higher reliability and a better torque curve.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel single carburettor, 5500 RPM, 13.7:1.
Header and exhaust: tubular header, single 2” exhaust.

The cast iron 5.4 liter V8 used in the 1969 Locura. The 5.4 liter V8 is now a proper powerhouse which puts out 367 horsepower; only 7 horsepower less than our 6 liter V8. This time, we used a standard intake to reduce service costs.

Internals: cast iron crankshaft, I beam steel conrods and forged pistons.
Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel twin carburettor, 6000 RPM, 13.5:1.
Header and exhaust: tubular header, dual 2.5” exhaust.

The cast iron 3.2 liter inline 6 used in the 1969 Locura. We turned our old inline 6 into a high revving and powerful engine.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel twin carburettor, 6300 RPM, 13.5:1.
Header and exhaust: tubular header, single 2.5” exhaust.

The cast iron 3.2 liter inline 6used in the 1971 Portador. We simply upgraded our ‘‘comfort’’ I6 and gave it higher reliablity and better smoothness. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel twin carburettor, 5800 RPM, 13.6:1.

The cast iron 2.4 liter inline 4 used in the 1972 Criado. There are almost no differences compared to our previous I4. This one revs a bit more and has higher reliability.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel single carburettor, 5800 RPM, 13.7:1.

The cast iron 2.4 liter inline 4 used in the 1972 Criado Oden. Oden Performance, our performance division, tuned the I4 for extra performance. They added an aggresive camshaft, a DCOE twin carb setup and better internals so that the engine can handle 6300 RPM.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: DCOE twin carburettor, 6300 RPM, 13.5:1.

Really nice engines !!
I wish these engines would there still in cars today !
Greetings from Germany !

[quote=“timey379”]Really nice engines !!
I wish these engines would there still in cars today !
Greetings from Germany ![/quote]

Thanks! :smiley:

The cast iron 5.4 literV8 used in the 1973 Vibora. Pretty much the same V8 seen in the 1969 Locura, but with more power and slightly better reliability

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel twin carburettor, 6200 RPM, 13.5:1.

The cast iron 5.4 liter V8 used in the 1973 Vibora Oden. Valhall Performance gave this thing loads of power and made it very responsive. High quality internals allows it to rev up to 6700RPM without blowing up! It also features a nice quad carb DCOE setup and an aggressive cam to avoid valve float.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: DCOE quad carburettor, 6700 RPM, 13.5:1.

The cast iron 2.4 liter inline 4 used in the 1975 Mundo. There’s still nothing special with this engine. It’s our standard issue inline 4.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: 4 barrel single carburettor, 5900 RPM, 13.7:1.

[size=150]USA version.[/size]

The cast iron 2.4 liter inline 4 used in the 1975 Mundo 175. The inline 4 with a DCOE setup is back with very little upgrades. It just has a bit more power and a higher redline.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: DCOE twin carburettor, 6500 RPM, 13.5:1.

[size=150]USA version.[/size]

The cast iron 2.4 liter inline 4 used in the 1975 Mundo Oden. Mechanical injection + early turbochargers = turbo lag and high power. This engine puts out 196 horsepower and 318 Nm of torque and makes our little Mundo fly like a god damn rocket.

Fuel system, redline and fuel mixture: Mechanical fuel injection w/ single throttle, 6000 RPM, 13.3:1.
Turbo: single journal bearing turbo, 44mm compressor, 44.5mm turbine, 0.85 AR ratio, 1 bar max boost.
Header and exhaust: short cast header, single 2.75” exhaust.

The cast iron 3.2 liter inline 6 used in the 1962 Armonia. A simple yet smooth inline 6 with a moderate amount of power.

Internals: Forged steel crank, forged H beam conrods and forged pistons.
Valvetrain & dimensions: SOHC 4 valves/cylinder and 87.9/87.9mm bore/stroke.
Fuel system & fuel mixture: 4 barrel twin carb, 12.9:1.
Compression & redline: 9.2:1 and 5600 RPM
Header and exhaust: tubular header, single 2.25” exhaust.

The cast iron 5.4 liter V8 used in the 1962 Armonia V8 Sport.A powerful V8 for general high performance and tire wrecking situations.

Internals: cast iron crank, forged H beam conrods and forged pistons
Valvetrain & dimensions: SOHC 4 valves/cylinder and 95.2/95.0mm bore/stroke.
Fuel system & fuel mixture: 4 barrel single carb, 13.6:1.
Compression & redline: 7.8:1 and 5600 RPM

The aluminium silicon 2.4 liter inline 4 used in the 2014 Burro. A fancy and powerful inline 4 with special built parts to withstand high revs and high power. VVL and VVT on all cams is available for optimal power output. Viking power, delivered by Valhall Performance.

Internals: forged steel crank, I beam titanium conrods and lightweight forged pistons.
Valvetrain & dimensions: DOHC 4 valves/cylinder and 91.5/91.4mm bore/stroke.
Fuel system & fuel mixture: direct injection w/ individual throttle bodies, 12.9:1.
Turbo: single ball bearing turbo w/ 53,5mm compressor, 52,5mm turbine, 0.82 AR ratio and max pressure of 0,75 bar.
Compression & redline: 9.4:1 and 8300 RPM
Header and exhaust: short cast header, single 3” exhaust.

The aluminium silicon 4.3 liter V8 used in the 2014 Burro Super-8. A crazy V8 from our performance division, Valhall Performance. Perfect for use in supercars or where hand built V8s are needed. Equipped with VVL and VVT for optimal performance.

Internals: forged steel crank, I beam titanium conrods and lightweight forged pistons.
Valvetrain & dimensions: DOHC 4 valves/cylinder and 89.2/86.0mm bore/stroke.
Fuel system & fuel mixture: direct injection w/ individual throttle bodies, 13.5:1.
Turbo: twin ball bearing turbo w/ 49mm compressor, 45,5mm turbine, 0.94 AR ratio and max pressure of 0,88 bar.
Compression & redline: 10.1:1 and 8300 RPM
Header and exhaust: short cast header, dual 3” exhaust.

The cast iron 2.4 liter I4 used in the 1980 Criado 2.4. A basic and cheap inline 4 without power. Nothing special. Runs on regular quality unleaded fuel.

Internals: cast iron crank, I beam steel conrods and forged pistons
Valvetrain & dimensions: SOHC 4 valves/cylinder and 91.5/91.4mm bore/stroke.
Fuel system & fuel mixture: 4 barrel single carb, 14.7:1.
Compression & redline: 7.9:1 and 6400 RPM
Header and exhaust: short cast header, single 2” exhaust.

The cast iron 2.4 liter inline 4 used in the 1980 Criado Oden. Same inline 4, but with increased power thanks to turbocharging and fuel injection.

Internals: cast iron crank, I beam steel conrods and forged pistons.
Valvetrain & dimensions: SOHC 4 valves/cylinder and 91.5/91.4mm bore/stroke.
Fuel system & fuel mixture: mechanical fuel injection w/ single throttle body, 13.0:1.
Turbo: single ball bearing turbo w/ 51mm compressor, 53mm turbine, 0.71 AR ratio and max pressure of 0,66 bar.
Compression & redline: 7.8:1 and 6900 RPM
Header and exhaust: short cast header, single 2.25” exhaust.