Mille Monti 1953 [DESIGN VOTING]

Hello, I was just wandering, the rule about no liveries mentions sponsors and racing numbers but not small details that would be period appropriate such as the name of the driver on the door, in small text under the window in case of an accident, Would adding these be allowed or are they banned under the rule?

Small driver names are ok!

The 164 is officially submitted in “Bergsteiger” spec. I focused mainly on making a car faithful to the 1950/53 time-frame and represent to the best of my ability the driving characteristics of a '50s sports car in BeamNG. Trying to stay loyal to sportscars of the period and my loathsome experience min-maxing means it likely won’t be as competitive as it’s inspirations, but I enjoyed the visual design & worldbuilding aspect of the challenge nonetheless.

The interior has seen updates bringing it to the “Bergsteiger” (Mountaineer) trim, featuring a fancy new “lightweight” material Bakelite where laminate wood would be found previously, and an updated gauge cluster with the all important engine temp in the center of your view. Other notable changes are the switch from an inline to a higher reving opposing cylinder setup to try to bring this rr car closer to a 50/50 weight split.

And of course, here is the updated car in Beam

If anything is broken let me know and i will do my best to fix it.

Best of luck to all the competitors!

21 Likes

180 S Aerowagen

Built in 1952, (ignore fake year) is the 6th car to given the Rennen name, the 180 S Aerowagen is Rennen’s first mid engine car, the unique design of the car, the double tail fins, is what given Aerowagen name (Aero Car), fitted with powerful 2.6L I6 24 valve DOHC engine to keep up with their strong competition, grey with red stripe in the side as two-tone paint
Mille Monti ‘53 Participation

The Mille Monti is the biggest race in the era, over 200 cars where participated, the Aerowagen is one of them, driven by the same country as car, Hand Spoon, the car managed to drive all the way without any problems, in the end, the car finished __.

After Race

As expected, the Aerowagen become very rare now, spotting one in the street is almost impossible, knowing only 2 car exist in the streets, although the car participated in many old car series, and also appearing in Goodwood, its still hard to find the Aerowagen, if you seen one, its most likely a replica, nowdays many peoples trying to make replicas and even succeeded, they cost mostly $100k, but the original one from the auction as of 2014 cost rises to $24m becoming one of the most expensive cars in the world.

Stats

(some stats might wrong since not checking)

Top Speed : 238 KM/H

Acceleration : 0-100 KM/H 5.8s

Cornering G : 0.82g

Pictures

dtailz

29 Likes

I cant help but wonder with the sheer number of competitors how will this event be broken down for video and how many videos. I dont mind long watches at all and i love your contents but just curious about what sort of format this will end up with

4 Likes

Vizzuri 850 '50

Shown in Azure & Giallo two-tone nose with Naked Aluminium/Dark Tan & Dark wood interior

After the success of previous Vizzuri race cars such as the 4700 in the Potrunis Cannonball Run, Vizzuri aimed for other victories in races around the world with the Mille Monti on their list, they begun cracking away at a new design to aim for the win.

Introducing the Vizzuri 850: A lightweight aluminium bodied sports car with a race-modified aluminium head DOHC boxer 4 engine producing a perky 64hp and revving to almost to 9,000rpm. The chassis is a basic yet easy to work on ladder with a short wheelbase and double wishbone suspension all around.

The layout of the 850 is quite unique, being a longitudinal front-wheel-drive car with the engine mounted in a Front-Mid-Engine layout behind the front axle. Mounted at the front are two auxiliary lights just behind the front grille as well as a fancy twin-trumpet horn and transmission cooler. In the boot is a racing fuel tank and spare wheel with tyre for any accidental punctures or damage, but also to balance the quite front-heavy build.

The exterior envisions a very aerodynamic smooth build, with glass covers over the headlights and tape for added safety. The front and rear number plates are fixed onto the car in form and flow of the body to add to the aerodynamic quality, as well as this the door handles are a very boutique push button handle, however the front windscreen has a bug deflector mounted before it which does take away from aerodynamics a little. The single piped exhaust on the passenger side is fibreglass wrapped to alleviate the heat and mitigate warping and damage onto the bare aluminium sides.

The interior is a very fancy yet basic race-prepared sports setup, featuring bucket seats, diamond trim padding, floor mats, wooden accents and a standard AM radio. The air-conditioning unit has been removed for weight savings and sealed to help the airflow also. There is also a toolkit box wrapped in accented leather behind the seating area for any on-the-go maintenance work.

Scuderia Vizzuri are looking forward to participate in the Mille Monti hoping to pass through scrutineering!

Created in collaboration with @Est_Nbmstr who did a wonderful job on details and the interior!

49 Likes

Fellow motorists,

The Greek outfit CENTAUR presents its entry for the Mille Monti 1953:

The revolutionary CENTAUR Pothos MRV12

The innovative midship layout offers excellent traction and great visibiliy, with the incredible TERAS 190 - 3.0L V12 propelling her to 215kph.

Cornering performance leaves nothing on the table with 0.94g’s in the skidpad thanks to a lightweight aerospace aluminum aerodynamic body and double wishbones all round.

Only 12 examples will be built at a starting price of 20,000€

The Pothos MRV12 will be showcased in the Mille Monti 1953 Concours d’Elegance for everyone to enjoy.

10 Likes

Does this come with a set of slippers or is one expected to bring their own?
Because who in their right mind would get in that interior wearing outdoor footwear
Two thumbs up.

1 Like

Campodoro has just sent their registration for the 1953 Mille Monti.

Somewhere along the way someone seems to have taken a couple of photographs.

17 Likes

While Chesterleigh had seen some success with their 2000 saloon in other touring car races, to handle the steep ascents of the Mille Monte they needed a stronger powerplant. The answer was a 3.5 liter flat-plane V8 designed by Rodsworth, and fitted to the bare minimum of production Chesterleighs for homologation. The resulting Chesterleigh 3500 was elegant, stately, and most importantly, fast.

22 Likes

Montiago Citta Competizione, because hot hatches are 30 years away, why not a hot sedan?

12 Likes

Introducing the Phoenix Illusion R 1000M Edition.

10 Likes

Do I have any chances ?

Add images<div data-theme-sl

It’s heavily inspired by the Volkswagen karmann Ghia, it’s my 4th car ever made, what do you think?

9 Likes

My first ever entry to a challenge, the Favora Doriana TS2000:

27 Likes

April 22nd, 1953. XX Miles Away from Meranio…

The time is 4:12 AM when a small car is spotted down the road, as it gets closer, a glimpse of the Mille Monti sticker is caught on the side.

Another challenger is preparing itself for the big race, perhaps we can get a closer look once it reaches the city.

24 Likes
1950 Audax Amigo "Pronto"
PREPARED FOR MILLE MONTI 1953. Ready and waiting, this Amigo is set for its journey across Fruinia.
One of few offerings from the up-and-coming engine builder turned automaker Audax, the Amigo is slowly becoming more common in cities where space is at a premium, and regions where gas prices demand fuel economy. Some may consider it rather sparse, but it has a notable fun factor baked into its nature witha rear-mounted engine, fully independent suspension, and a remarkably low weight. Combined with said engine being a 80 cubic-inch (or 1,300 cubic-centimeters) inline-four, it's an ideal companion for the Mille Monte sporting and touring competition of 1953. Eligible for the 1,300-cc Touring class, it may not be the fastest or most stylish option, but it will surely make the finish line with a sparsely-sipped fuel tank.
Colorized promotional photos
5 Likes

Arlington Condor MM

Because I am absolutely, undeniably done making it.

4.3 pre-Small Block Arlington V8, because it’s 1953.

19 Likes

Final Design of
Varder Spericolato 2000RFG
(2000cc engine + Race + Fiber Glass)

Rate Pls. That was my first 50s-style car body and interior design design
Thanks Very Much

15 Likes

does anyone know where to find this headlight?

It seems I miss a mod or just not looking hard enough

It’s probably an empty headlight cut out with the actual light put in place in 3d as a separate fixture.