Modding and related

so, AFAIK devs will release SDK for Automation with its release…

my question is this - when modders come up with something brilliant and it is a very popular mod, might it be included in the official update?

If it does something that fits well with the rest of the game, and everyone involved can come to an agreement on it, possibly.

Hard to know until we see what mods actually happen.

like cosmetic stuff, interiors, radio antennas, window wipers and so on for instance

i really doubt that, that is high in the priority for you to do

[quote=“xABSOLUTIONx”]like cosmetic stuff, interiors, radio antennas, window wipers and so on for instance

i really doubt that, that is high in the priority for you to do[/quote]

Call me naïve but…

It’s not hard, it’s time consuming.

and for what…? I rather have them implement the time for these bonus content parts into gameplay-related things.
SDK would be cool, as I’m willing to model extra stuff for the game.

Just wondering, but would it be possible to release the development kit for the car bodys and fixtures for us, the ‘‘common folk’’?
Or would you have problems with copyrightings and such?

There is no such thing as a devkit per se, Andrew does all the work in 3DSMax, so there is nothing to release. What we probably will do is release a guideline on how to get things into the game.

There are some tools you need, just a file exporter for the model format we use. But in future that format might change too anyhow.