Mtbf

First, dont shoot me if this topic is in the wrong section!
I’ve been wondering, i am trying to make reliable engines with some power, but the highest mtbf wich i get is 65k to 75k MTBF. (i am using inline six and V8’s for this)
is this high or low? and what is a nice MTBF to aim for?
and last but not least, whats the MTBF of RL cars?

There is no industry standard for MTBF for real life cars… it’s a “simple” way to compare your in-game car’s reliability against another in-game car.
Since reliability is something that is expected to be improved over time (given advances in technology), an MTBF of 65k might be considered “very high” in the 1940s or 50s, but just “average” in 2020. Unless you’re competing in multiplayer with a minimum MTBF requirement, or comparing it to what others have posted in the engine sharing forum, there is no number to aim for. It can be whatever you want it to be. :smiley:

Aha, so if i understand correctly,
MTBF is going to be important when the tycoon part comes out, and until then it is what you make of it.(not important)

[quote=“Forge91”]Aha, so if i understand correctly,
MTBF is going to be important when the tycoon part comes out, and until then it is what you make of it.(not important)[/quote]

Exactly, right now it’s hard to make proper predictions of reliability without knowing what car it’s in etc. :slight_smile:

aha i understand, thank you for the answers.