Muscle car I made because I was bored

Since there was a muscle car body in the game, I went ahead and used it. Not sure about the HP but I’ll find that out later.
Here’s the car itself. I call it the Growler. (also I think at least 30 more people made a muscle car and called it the Growler)
yes I know these pictures are absolutely gigantic, sorry
Front

Left (or right depending on where you are in relation to the Growler) top corner

and the interesting backside

does it suck?

The spoiler seems a bit much, and there’s nowhere for a license plate to go, but overall I’d say its a great first effort.

I like it. It has an AMC feel to it. People always forget AMC made some really badass muscle cars.

I like spoilers. 60s/70s muscle cars often had unusable spoilers on the trunk deck for aesthetic purposes only. As for license plate, I always use one, but they’re completely unncessary in the game, really. It’s just a detail thing. :wink:

Tell us more about the engine. That’s really what a muscle/pony car is really all about!

Okay, I just checked the car’s engine in Automation
647 hp
523 ft-lb of torque
It’s also very loud. 112.7 loudness rating. (both mufflers are set to “none”, for maximum grrrrr)
306.7kg heavy
and for some reason every time I make a muscle car its engine sounds like an F1 car, the same goes for this one.
Here’s a pic:

Also the car itself costs $150 000+. Way too much. Still, 647 hp doesn’t go for cheap.

Choose v8 not flatplane v8 if you want that muscle car rumble.

DOHC…

Muscle Car is an American thing. DOHC has no place here. Blasphemy!!!

:open_mouth:

She’s right, If you want it to be a muscle car you’ve got to have these.

Nah, you can have a Muscle car with OHC…

pumpgasracing.homestead.com/Vic.wav

There have been only one proper muscle car engine with ohc, the Ford 427 SOHC Hemi. :smiling_imp: (i want one)

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”]DOHC…

:open_mouth:[/quote]

Then kill me. My muscle car (Beta Supercoupe) from '70 has DOHC engine. :smiley:

[quote=“Oskiinus”][quote=“07CobaltGirl”]DOHC…

Then kill me. My muscle car (Beta Supercoupe) from '70 has DOHC engine. :smiley:[/quote]

Not going to kill you. Just going to label you as a blasphemer. :wink:

There are no real “rules” for what engine goes into one. The only real definition is a large displacement motor in a small(ish) car (generally a coupe body, but not always). But, as an American idea, they are nearly all OHV in the real world, because 'Murica!!! Fuck yeah! It’s a rumble thing and also a “no replacement for displacement” thing. OHV allows larger displacements in smaller spaces, a.k.a ponycars, which are an evolution of the musclecars. These are almost strictly quarter-milers, so shit tons of straight line speed are an absolute must. In summation, to really have a “muscle car”, it really needs to follow the mold of pushrods, maniac cams (if it’s not loping, its not done right), and really fucking loud exhausts to hear the beauty of the idea coming together. Just sayin…

EDIT: I would also like to add, regarding displacement… If you see the ground from the hood…you need a larger engine!

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”][quote=“Oskiinus”][quote=“07CobaltGirl”]DOHC…

Then kill me. My muscle car (Beta Supercoupe) from '70 has DOHC engine. :smiley:[/quote]

Not going to kill you. Just going to label you as a blasphemer. :wink:

There are no real “rules” for what engine goes into one. The only real definition is a large displacement motor in a small(ish) car (generally a coupe body, but not always). But, as an American idea, they are nearly all OHV in the real world, because 'Murica!!! Fuck yeah! It’s a rumble thing and also a “no replacement for displacement” thing. OHV allows larger displacements in smaller spaces, a.k.a ponycars, which are an evolution of the musclecars. These are almost strictly quarter-milers, so shit tons of straight line speed are an absolute must. In summation, to really have a “muscle car”, it really needs to follow the mold of pushrods, maniac cams (if it’s not loping, its not done right), and really fucking loud exhausts to hear the beauty of the idea coming together. Just sayin…

EDIT: I would also like to add, regarding displacement… If you see the ground from the hood…you need a larger engine![/quote]

Then what about the 1944 Ford GAA DOHC 32v V8 that made 450HP? (You heard me, 1944)

You mean the 18 liter WW2 tank engine?

Yes!

Well I mean they didn’t make muscle cars with them for a reason…

[quote=“nialloftara”]Well I mean they didn’t make muscle cars with them for a reason…
[/quote]

Its like usps flateate. If it fits, it ships. :laughing:

Well, if there’s a way to fit that thing into a car, it would have already been done by somebody. hahaha I’ve seen all sorts of crazy engines in cars. In high school, a friend of mine had a Chevy Vega with a 454 in it. I can’t say “under the hood”, because, well…it didn’t have one. A scoop would have basically been the entire width of the hood. In the Chevy Cobalt world, there’s a car out there (posted elsewhere on this site by me) who took the engine/drivetrain from a 2004(?) Pontiac GTO (5.7L/6-speed) and put it where a supercharged FWD 2.0L I4 once sat.

When I was much younger, I envisioned my Z/28 with a jet turbine running down the core (until I realized it would require an astronomical amount of heat shielding to be able to sit down in it while it was moving. (Yes, it has been done, but is completely unpractical for a street car) Ultimately, nothing is impossible with enough imagination, but since we’re talking about “muscle cars” here, some things are just…absurd?

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”]Well, if there’s a way to fit that thing into a car, it would have already been done by somebody. hahaha I’ve seen all sorts of crazy engines in cars. In high school, a friend of mine had a Chevy Vega with a 454 in it. I can’t say “under the hood”, because, well…it didn’t have one. A scoop would have basically been the entire width of the hood. In the Chevy Cobalt world, there’s a car out there (posted elsewhere on this site by me) who took the engine/drivetrain from a 2004(?) Pontiac GTO (5.7L/6-speed) and put it where a supercharged FWD 2.0L I4 once sat.

When I was much younger, I envisioned my Z/28 with a jet turbine running down the core (until I realized it would require an astronomical amount of heat shielding to be able to sit down in it while it was moving. (Yes, it has been done, but is completely unpractical for a street car) Ultimately, nothing is impossible with enough imagination, but since we’re talking about “muscle cars” here, some things are just…absurd?[/quote]

Kuznetsov NK12-MA … just the engine you need.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuznetsov_NK-12 A mere 15000 shp. :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“RobtheFiend”][quote=“07CobaltGirl”]Well, if there’s a way to fit that thing into a car, it would have already been done by somebody. hahaha I’ve seen all sorts of crazy engines in cars. In high school, a friend of mine had a Chevy Vega with a 454 in it. I can’t say “under the hood”, because, well…it didn’t have one. A scoop would have basically been the entire width of the hood. In the Chevy Cobalt world, there’s a car out there (posted elsewhere on this site by me) who took the engine/drivetrain from a 2004(?) Pontiac GTO (5.7L/6-speed) and put it where a supercharged FWD 2.0L I4 once sat.

When I was much younger, I envisioned my Z/28 with a jet turbine running down the core (until I realized it would require an astronomical amount of heat shielding to be able to sit down in it while it was moving. (Yes, it has been done, but is completely unpractical for a street car) Ultimately, nothing is impossible with enough imagination, but since we’re talking about “muscle cars” here, some things are just…absurd?[/quote]

Kuznetsov NK12-MA … just the engine you need.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuznetsov_NK-12 A mere 15000 shp. :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of this (click on the pic to go to a wikipedia entry for these cars):