My collection of "girly cars"

Been watching for this game for a while and was finally urged to sign up for the forum when I got the email about Rockethub funding going live… so I figure I might as well start here showing off what my friends refer to as my “Hairdresser’s cars” :mrgreen:

First is my 1997 Mazda Miata (or as everyone outside of the US knows it, MX-5)

farm7.staticflickr.com/6212/6364358741_1a84b7f551_o.jpg

I’m trying to build it for CSP class in AutoX, though I doubt it’ll ever be a full blown CSP car with the 13" wheels and big fat Hoosiers sticking out of the wheel wells. Right now it has basic suspension work with Koni Yellows and Eibach Sport springs. The rear swaybar is removed, and the front is a Suspension Technologies. The tires are 225/45/15 Hankook RS-3s on TRMotorsports C3M wheels. It has a Hard Dog roll bar in it that will be replaced soon with a beefier bar so it will be legal for HPDE/PDX track days and a harness so I stop sliding around on the stupid leather seats. And it will also be getting a set of Raceland headers and some yet-undecided catback to help it breathe a bit and maybe add a few horsepower (whatever’s left that the yellow stickers didn’t unlock, of course).

And here it is being AutoXed at the NCAC (North Carolina AutoX Championship)
Day 1
Day 2

And my 2010 Mini Cooper S

farm7.staticflickr.com/6008/5908019629_580f565606_o.jpg

This is my “sensible daily driver”… that still sometimes gets AutoXed. It’s bone stock, right down to the factory tires that came on it. Not a lot to say about it… fun car… pain in the butt to work on. Still, nothing like a car that can get 40mpg (US) on the way to the racetrack, win in class, and get 40mpg on the way home, eh?! :smiley:

Now the obligatory AutoX vids…

Carolina Motorsports Park
Carowinds

Nice cars! they look really fun to drive. Have a thing for racing stripes huh?

The Mini actually no longer has racing stripes, unfortunately. I drive rural backroads on the way to work, so one morning the inevitable happened:

A deer ran out of what I think is a soybean field to my left, and I never even saw it before WHAP. I tagged a good sized doe at about 60mph, and that was the result. It did $4500 worth of damage to the car which thankfully insurance took care of. The problem is… nobody had stripes for it. MINI/BMW wouldn’t sell them directly to the body shop and told them to call a dealership. The local dealerships all said it would take them several months to lay hands on a set because the cars they get already have them installed so it’s not something they stock. They told me they could contract a local vinyl company to make the stripes for me, but they couldn’t guarantee an exact match to the ones on the boot lid. It was a friend of mine doing the bodywork, and he told me “Look, I don’t want to sway your opinion on this if you’re dead set on the stripes, but… I think it looks better without!” So I had them pull the stripes off the boot lid and now my Mini is stripeless.

The Miata… I actually bought a vinyl cutter a few months ago so… there you have it. I’ve always liked that Lotus look of yellow on dark green. I played with the car in Forza and put stripes on it to see how it looked… then one day decided I was just going to go ahead and do it! :smiley: It was about 5-6 hours of labor and about $5-6 worth of material (yes, seriously).