My mustang and my intro

Hi, my name is Preston. I am from the US. I am a prior Navy Rescue Swimmer and am currently training for Army SF. This is my 3rd mustang and I love it!

2011 Ford Mustang GT
Base model coupe
6 speed manual
Brembo brake package
Full Stainless Works Headers, Performance Cats, x-pipe, and offroad exhaust
Steeda CAI with Lund tune
2" ford racing drop kit that I’ll install after winter
And a scratch on the hood from where the alarm guy dropped his keys on it…

That’s my baby… Hope you guys like it.

What a wonderful car! Too bad they don’t sell the mustang in Europe…

Well put your happy hat on cause the whole world is getting it in 2014 for the mustangs 50th anniversary. Ford’s making it global.

It can be bougth in Spain.

you can get hold of them in UK as well and if it really came down to it you could always import one :slight_smile:

true, but all the taxes you poor guys have to pay, and fees to make it legal… you’re paying twice the value at least from what I saw of the ones for sale in spain… 14000 euros for a 98 v6 convert? those aren’t even worth 6000 usd here.

They still using solid rear axles on 'Stangs? If so, while I appreciate the legendary heritage and good looks, but I certainly wouldn’t ever want to drive one round a bumpy corner… I’ll stick to my horse and cart, it has IRS :laughing:

I know there’s a ridiculous rivalry between Ford & GM fans in the US that I don’t think I’ll ever understand, but why choose a 'Stang over a 'Vette if it’s got to be American? :stuck_out_tongue: The Corvette is from what I’ve seen actually competitive with European and Asian sports cars… Still, I guess it’s not all about the ‘go’.

Oh… and BiotecVirus, do you work for Renault by any chance? “Everything Should Use Torx Screws” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah thats the problem, plus they come in wrong side drive ^^ lol

I don’t lol, but when I do work on cars you always end up rounding some head off then think, if only it was a torx screw…:stuck_out_tongue:

Nice Mustang. How’s that 5.0 feel? I’ve always liked the 2010+ style more than the 05-09. Wondering what the 2014 will look like.

[quote=“Azurael”]They still using solid rear axles on 'Stangs? If so, while I appreciate the legendary heritage and good looks, but I certainly wouldn’t ever want to drive one round a bumpy corner… I’ll stick to my horse and cart, it has IRS :laughing:

I know there’s a ridiculous rivalry between Ford & GM fans in the US that I don’t think I’ll ever understand, but why choose a 'Stang over a 'Vette if it’s got to be American? :stuck_out_tongue: The Corvette is from what I’ve seen actually competitive with European and Asian sports cars… Still, I guess it’s not all about the ‘go’.[/quote]

You really should try driving/riding in a modern Mustang. Everyone makes jokes about IRS, but riding in a Mustang there isn’t some crazy difference between it and your standard IRS automobile.

And the rivalry thing goes back to older (30 years +) people usually. I don’t understand it either but it’s just a little way of poking fun usually. Except the people who get real serious about it. Also - a Corvette starts at nearly twice the price of a Mustang. You can even get a Boss 302 cheaper than the most base Corvette. A base Corvette is GT500 money. And as for “actually competitive”, the Boss 302 is up there with the M3, which is even more expensive than a base 'Vette (Here in America anyway).

Remember one of the main appeals of a pony car is that it can be cheap and sporty at the same time. In the states you can grab a well used Mustang for a couple thousand USD.

[quote=“Azurael”]They still using solid rear axles on 'Stangs? If so, while I appreciate the legendary heritage and good looks, but I certainly wouldn’t ever want to drive one round a bumpy corner… I’ll stick to my horse and cart, it has IRS :laughing:

I know there’s a ridiculous rivalry between Ford & GM fans in the US that I don’t think I’ll ever understand, but why choose a 'Stang over a 'Vette if it’s got to be American? :stuck_out_tongue: The Corvette is from what I’ve seen actually competitive with European and Asian sports cars… Still, I guess it’s not all about the ‘go’.

Oh… and BiotecVirus, do you work for Renault by any chance? “Everything Should Use Torx Screws” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]

Yeah they are still using live axels in them. Only ones that didn’t were the new edge cobras. Pretty bad ass tracking cars. I agree IRS has its benefits, but so do the live axels :wink: . The rival between Ford and GM is pretty old, 50’s if I remember correctly, pretty early, probably started with the corvette and ford answered with the original thunderbird. That’s as early as I see it. The mustang doesn’t compete against the corvette though. Totally different class of cars. The mustang competes against the camaro and challenger, and when it was created competed against other cars such AMC Javelin, Plymouth 'Cuda, Dodge Charger and so on. The mustang started what us americans love to call the pony car war. 2+2 2 door coupe with v-8 power. The new global mustang will have IRS

Thank you. The 5.0 is a focking beast! Great power band in second through fifth, sixth (like most six speeds I’m sure) is only for illegal highway speeds and gas saving cruising! I had the original transmission and flywheel problems but ford fixed them and gave me a free tune up and oil change afterwards. How thoughtful! :smiley: Aftermarket parts are fairly easy to come by even in its relatively new arrival. evolution performance had that thing at 10 sec at the 1/4 mile within the first few months of its release. Easy to tune and it behaves very well at the track and at speed. The only thing I don’t like about it… it’s black. Every swirl mark, rock chip, scratch, parking lot dent, even dirt can be seen in that beautiful color :frowning: … And as for the 2015 mustang, I agree, I WANT PICTURES! I WANT SPECS! Stop being greedy Ford! Share! I’m gonna trade in this 2011 for it if it looks as good as some of the so-called concept art is showing. But they say IRS, direct injection, lighter (by 300-500 lbs possibly), smaller, and keeping rwd. I’m for that.

First post, Very nice! I would not mind having a new 5.0, and I’ve said for a while that my next car will be black, so you’ve basically got the exact car I want, lol. I’ve got two other Mustangs right now, though, and they’re plenty fun as is. I will say that the live axle gives it more personality, and can be made to handle plenty well. I’ll be putting panhard bars in both Mustangs eventually, once I get the money.

[quote=“BiotecVirus”]Yeah thats the problem, plus they come in wrong side drive ^^ lol

I don’t lol, but when I do work on cars you always end up rounding some head off then think, if only it was a torx screw…:stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Ah, you should buy a Renault then. Every item on the car that’s not secured by a ruddy great bolt appears to be held on with some variety of torx screw (mainly T20s and T30s) - you’d love it. Of course, the fact that you can undo said screws without stripping them is a fairly necessary consolation given how often you have to :smiley: :blush:

Personally, I find it annoying. No matter how many sets of torx bits I buy, I keep losing them, but I always have a conventional screwdriver and several sets of hex sockets and spanners taunting me :laughing:

[quote=“Azurael”]

[quote=“BiotecVirus”]Yeah thats the problem, plus they come in wrong side drive ^^ lol

I don’t lol, but when I do work on cars you always end up rounding some head off then think, if only it was a torx screw…:stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Ah, you should buy a Renault then. Every item on the car that’s not secured by a ruddy great bolt appears to be held on with some variety of torx screw (mainly T20s and T30s) - you’d love it. Of course, the fact that you can undo said screws without stripping them is a fairly necessary consolation given how often you have to :smiley: :blush:

Personally, I find it annoying. No matter how many sets of torx bits I buy, I keep losing them, but I always have a conventional screwdriver and several sets of hex sockets and spanners taunting me :laughing:[/quote]

I would never buy french tbh unless its an old 205 :wink: For me it would always be the torx screws holding down some french eletrics and cheeze being undone all the time :stuck_out_tongue:. Best thing to do it not buy the torx bit but get torx screwdrivers, much easier to find (especially halfords ones, just look for the green handels!)

Happy to see another Mustang guy on here! As its been said before the Mustangs LRA rear end isn’t the handycap alot of people make it out to be. Hell look at the numbers the Boss 302 makes and the Ford Racing s197 Race cars.

Very nice car but I think you have to be in the USA to really enjoy driving one. They where designed for the USA and in my opinion they represent the American way of life.
Everytime I see a new Mustang here in Germany I consider the driver as a showoff without even knowing why I do so. Don’t get me wrong I really appreciate the looks and the sound of this car but for me it belongs to America. And when I’m coming over I definitley want to drive one. :wink:
Btw what illegal highwayspeeds are you talking of? :stuck_out_tongue:

E

@masteroferdinger he is probably talking about any speed over 80- 85 MPH.