My personal HP record on Automation

16282cc V12 ,Twin Turbo, Direct Injection, Direct Acting OHC, 7800 RPM redline,VVLT( VVL+VVT) gets me to 3782 HP at 7500 RPM and 4252 Nm at 5400 RPM. How about you? :relaxed:

2 Likes

Shouldn’t DOHC perform better?

Also afaik there has been a forum thread for this already.

1 Like

Yeah, I know about the forum thread, but i wanted to create new, because I want this thread to be seen from more people. About DOHC…no. I have tried to make it better with it, but the max hp I could reach was around 3560 hp. The main advantage of the Direct Acting OHC is (maybe) that the cam lobe pushes the valve directily without using rocker arms,and this allows for less reciprocating mass.

1 Like

That is a lot for 393 cc engine. Where was the redline? I like to make my engines with high rpm,because they can get more horsepower. Did you get a lot of valve float?

1 Like

:smile:

You’re right, with DOHC somehow it doesn’t get enough Booscht.

Managed 3592hp with DOHC, 3759hp with DAOHC.

4 Likes

Sometimes Automation amazes me :smile:

2 Likes

About the Internet guy: You can see everything on the Internet. About the superchargers and turbochargers : Oh, yeah, I can’t wait until they add more turbos like: twin-scroll, variable geometry and sequential turbochargers, or twin-screw, centrifugal and root superchargers. Or even twinchargers? That would be awesome :smile: . Btw do you know when they will be added? The only thing I know is that they will be added after the developers finish the tycoon part.

Yes, I have done that. Do you like boxer engines?

Your questions on forced induction are all answered in the FAQ. Give it a read. No twin charging,

1 Like

Um, Subaru? Porsche?

1 Like

They keep the center of gravity low, because the pistons are horizontally-opposed.

1 Like

They are interesting. Subaru has done some cool work with unique exhaust systems and IIRC Porsche spearheaded development of new fuel injection or something for boxer engines.