Need build help

Hi,
I did a engine withe these spec am by all info it should run on 97 octane but it does not seem to it got a it makes a ticking sound
i’m not sure what to look at?
also were can the manual testing guide video be found ?

LS7 specs

Displacement: 7.0L (427 cubic inches)
Bore x stroke: 4.125 x 4.000 inches
Crankshaft: forged steel
Connecting rods: forged titanium
Cylinder heads: CNC-ported aluminum
Valves: 2.20-inch titanium, intake; 1.61-inch sodium-filled, exhaust
Induction: natural aspirated
Compression ratio: 11:1
Horsepower: 505 @ 6,300 rpm
Torque: 470 lb.-ft. @ 4,800 rpm
Thanks Beau

can you please post this in the Engine section please

its extremely easy when you know what to do…
LS7 EngineRev0.lua (40.7 KB)

Juno8, How Can i move the post i can re pot but do not see away to move it

that is admin level stuff

KillRob this topic needs to be moved from General Chat to Engine Sharing!!

were can i read up to learn
i’m do better
thanks Beau

I’m currently working on a beginner’s tutorial for the engine designer. Hopefully I’ll be done in 3-4 weeks time with that. The tutorial is meant for those without any engineering background, just showing the mechanics of the game without much physics, math and engineering principles. Stay tuned for that if you can wait for so long. If not, the ingame descriptions and tutorials and some of (preferably Killrob’s) Let’s Play videos on Youtube will show you the basics of designing a solid engine.

Greets
Martin

Thanks Martin and make sure there is an explanation for Cam and Ignition timings for idiots in there please because that really ticks me off about the game currently it doesnt give you much help on EITHER of those topics

Robert

Have you watched the in-game tutorial videos on cam profile and ignition timing once? These explain how stuff works pretty well (I watched them just now). And I won’t put that in the microwave and serve it warmed up for you in different words. The videos cover how it works in reality and also in the game pretty well. I will break it down to how the sliders work in the game, but I won’t and can’t teach you much more than what there is already been said in the videos. You won’t understand more by reading my tutorial. It’s meant to be a short collection of how to make reasonably good engines in the game, maybe kind of a manual to look basic things up, but by no means an engineering textbook.

I know but I have been working on that Design Sabotage Scenario and I cannot figure the darn thing out its bugging me…I cant get the economy of 1600 to work…

In this scenario you must build a really crappy engine which is probably knocking. You have to have some luck to get it right, it’s easier to build good engines than a really bad one with specific stats. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Juno8”]Thanks Martin and make sure there is an explanation for Cam and Ignition timings for idiots in there please because that really ticks me off about the game currently it doesnt give you much help on EITHER of those topics

Robert[/quote]

Whaaaat? There is a bunch of text about them and two whole videos. What haven’t we covered about it?

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

[quote=“Juno8”]Thanks Martin and make sure there is an explanation for Cam and Ignition timings for idiots in there please because that really ticks me off about the game currently it doesnt give you much help on EITHER of those topics

Robert[/quote]

Whaaaat? There is a bunch of text about them and two whole videos. What haven’t we covered about it?[/quote]

yeah…I think I am going to need to rewatch those videos a good few times haha

JUNNO 8! If u need help on that design sabotage then i have a few tips…

1. Make the engine as big and heavy as possible with as many parts as possible
  2. Turbocharge it!! This adds a lot of weight!
  3. Give it the worst parts possible…

hope this helps :mrgreen:

Here are the there had one for me

1. fuel air mix
  2. compression ratio
  3. timing
    Beau

as it must not have any kind of responsiveness - restrict the thing with a microscopic turbo wheel and a big compressor wheel, so the turbo doesn’t work properly

speaking of smoothness - only lumpy engine i could think of is an i4 with a very heavy 20v head

Hi Martin,
Hows the beginner guide going ?
Beau

Hi,

the guide is currently in internal proof-reading phase (mostly done by Killrob). After the most language errors are corrected and his suggestions have been worked in, a first version can be released to the community.