New Age Cab Challenge

Yeah, entries are closed, I didn’t wake up till late 9am so I wasn’t able to notify in time

That’s a shame. But i hope results come someday

Anything new?

It’s been 9 days?

Nothing yet, have been busy finishing up the school year and studying for my CLEP exam (online)

2 Likes
Part: 1 Bins

After I got very lazy and had piles of school, The City Council Members meet up at their long table after a month to talk about the vehicle submissions they have gotten from various vehicle companies some being bigger automotive manufacturers. But first, they must go through the vehicles that did not make it

1# - 2018 Mara Kavaler by @AndiD

The Council members open up the tab for the Mara and...stare..the super low fascia looks straight out of the early 00s, the design is bland and the power is pathetic for the size of the engine. One Council member points out the license plates which seems to be from an entirely different country to the United States

The council decides to bin the Mara for its odd and severely outdated looks and odd engineering choices. (You had something going in the trim engineering but I’d suggest practicing more, and good luck)

2# - 2020 Hakumai Furcio Taxi by @interior

After dealing with the Mara, the Council open another tab for the Hakumai and they are not very surprised by its otherwise bland and quite outdated looks. The addition of a bullbar worried them in the stiffness of the vehicle and the plastic trim pieces on the bumpers did not fit with the overall design of the Furcio. Next, they move to the vehicle's engineering which looks good until they reach the fuel economy, which is a bit under the limit, and while they would typically let it pass, due to the tougher fuel economy laws they could not let it slide

The City Council decides to bin the Hakumai for its odd design and safety choices, and for being under the MPG limit.

3# - 2020 Centurion Chariot by @Jaimz

After closing the Hakumai's tab, one of the Council members stops before opening the next. They had gotten excited to see the Centurion name as it is the name of another more popular French automaker but as they opened the tab they were quickly disappointed by a very empty front fascia and an incorrect coloring scheme. The number of outdated designs they were getting sent and the fact that there was another company using the Centurion name was quite worrying to the City Council, but alas they move to the engineering where they are quickly stopped by the puny inline 3 and a..performance intake?

The Council quickly bins the Chariot for its odd design and its strange engineering choices that go outside of their rules

4# - 2020 Kazuki Kitaze GUV by @SyberRacer

The Council opens a new tab and for the first time they finally had a vehicle that looked the part. The nice modern sleek design of the front end fitted with the sporty rear caught the eyes of the Council members and they were about to pass it until they remembered to look at the engineering for the Kitaze. The 1.9L I4 brought good power for a vehicle of its size and all was well until the MPG ratings came up, and to the disappointment and sadness of the Council Members, it has been under the recommended limit at 27.

The City Council sadly bin the Kitaze for being under the mpg limit and some odd springs and swaybar choices.

5# - 2019 Lumboxo Meerkat PHEV - by @TheYugo45GV

The Council next moves onto the Lumboxo a bit of an odd estate wagon. The first (and only) PHEV that they were sent with..a V6? They brush it off and continue onto the looks, and they aren't too surprised. The designing does have some competence but it still looks very out of place for its production year, and seems quite dull. Moving onto the engineering, the all steal materials disgust some of the more engineery members and the addition of double wishbone odds out some of the members. Moving onto the engine, the lack of turbo (which would help make it act more like a hybrid for the future) and it seems to tank the MPGe quite a bit, but they look past it. Another strange thing they find is this excessive lowered quality, it isn't lowered by a lot but in terms of the lowered quality safety and breaks adds a safety concern into the mix.

The Council decides to bin the Meerkat for its outdated design and strange engineering choices that do not fit in what it is trying to accomplish.

6# - 2021 Munot 45A Drache - by @Quneitra

After a long day of deciding and reviewing, the council finishes off with the Munot another outdated looking vehicle but with slight competence. A lot of it just felt like it was slapped onto there in 10 minutes with no thoughts of linework and time period accuracy, and also s m o l m i r r o r s. While the engineering was not all bad, the unusually thick tires weren't catching the eyes of the Council members

And while the Council Members were getting ready to clock out, they decided to bin the Munot for multiple design law violations and odd engineering choices. (thicc tires)

Part 2 Coming Soon

5 Likes

Are you serious? An MPG limit? Did you not understand that the fuel economy it has is only on the V6. It has an electric motor that increases fuel economy. God, what a clusterf**k. But, I can find solace that it’s already in use in Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit and Minneapolis.

The audacity to claim a non-existent hybrid system that isn’t in the game would magically improve the in-game stats and make it pass. I understand you wanted to put in lore but I am purely basing my judging off of the in-game stats I’m given and not the advert’s claims.

4 Likes

Well, don’t expect me to take part in these challenges anymore. Good Day.

1 Like

Will do :]

1 Like

Ok, rant over. Now, there is no need to acknowledge the hybrid system as a council wouldn’t look at what the fuel economy is with an electric motor. Also next time make sure to clear that up so there isn’t a misunderstanding next time.

1 Like

If you think your iMaGiNarY eLeCtrIC moToR can magically boosts your MPG above the specify limit, and instead blame the host for not taking your bullshit, please do not participate in automation challenges again.

15 Likes

I said rant over. Could you not be a dick towards me? It isn’t helpful for anyone. Fact of the matter. Again I apologize for my ignorance and I hope we can come to a compromise and I do not wish to cause annoyance so please just don’t continue the conversation.

Okay, guys please. Speedy I appreciate you standing up but it didn’t help (ik you did apologize on discord), and Yugo please note next time that there aren’t EV motors or Hybrid motors that can improve MPG ratings, instead just use EVs and Hybrids for showcase only and never for challenges cause then stuff like this happens. All judges in challenges base judging off of the in game stats and not what is said. Now please, challenges are meant to be fun little events for the community and not full on competitions, and Delta please do not comment unless it does not further the drama that has already been presented.

6 Likes

You do have a point. Welp, I guess there’s nothing left for me to say. See ya. Also, when I say cluster**** that means I screwed myself. I don’t blame anyone but myself in this situation.

Honestly, I think both sides have something to learn from this experience. If you say your car is a “diesel” or “hybrid,” how are you supposed to know exactly what stats are changed and by how much? Diesels and hybrids have fundamentally different characteristics in terms of design (engineering time and production units), reliability, combustion cycle (see: power delivery and fuel efficiency and emissions), weight, and arguably the entire driving experience. There are far too many variables to account for and it would be nearly impossible to replicate these immense changes, and trying to make a “diesel” in Automation will almost certainly compromise some stats in one way. Basically, if it’s not in the game, it’s best if you just stay away from it entirely and rework your approach to account for this.

On the flip side, I think this rule should be strictly clarified and outlined in future challenges to prevent incidents like this from happening again… not everyone is a forum veteran and won’t know of these “unspoken rules.” But I don’t blame you if you’re new to hosting, there’s quite a few things to take into account.

In the end I realize it’s an honest mistake from both parties and we shouldn’t get too angry over it, it’s just some indie Djiboutian synthesizer comapny tycoon game after all. It should go without saying that at the end of the day we should all have fun, so let’s make sure to take the necessary precautions to eliminate any ambiguities in the rulesets. That or just go outside and have sex.

16 Likes

I mean, there are other options…

Except for when you don’t; for example…

Stats were fine but you thought the car was too bright a hue of yellow, despite not providing a yellow paint preset, so you binned it.The car’s are yet to be built so it is a simple process of specifying a less bright hue for the delivered fleet of cars. I think you need to reinstate O.O’s car for the next round of judging.

Also…

You had in Trim requirement and preferences that you wanted EV’s, which aren’t in the game, which suggests you’re willing to take “roleplay” entries. You need to realise that you cannot dismiss out of hand that which you’ve put into your ruleset. If you don’t want EV’s and hybrids then don’t mention them!

So you shouldn’t be too harsh on Yugo since your rules allowed the misunderstanding to happen in the first place.

7 Likes

You had in Trim requirement and preferences that you wanted EV’s, which aren’t in the game, which suggests you’re willing to take “roleplay” entries. You need to realise that you cannot dismiss out of hand that which you’ve put into your ruleset. If you don’t want EV’s and hybrids then don’t mention them!

You are right, I do include EVs, and that part I had forgotten about and I apologize for not taking it into consideration when overlooking it. But when I said that I expect the car still could’ve been engineered to more match how a hybrid or ev engine would act, and not just be put in the advert.

Stats were fine but you thought the car was too bright a hue of yellow, despite not providing a yellow paint preset, so you binned it.The car’s are yet to be built so it is a simple process of specifying a less bright hue for the delivered fleet of cars. I think you need to reinstate O.O’s car for the next round of judging.

It was binned for the design’s excessive use of glowsticks and not the color hue. If a car had that many DRLs it would certainly be a health risk to epileptic people

2 Likes

Same problem though; you’re binning him for fixtures, not stats. All the cars have to be registered so have to comply with design laws regarding light brightness etc. If the car is road-legal then the car company gets sued, not the cab company, so the binning is still invalid.

And? If you put things in the rules then define how they work. The onus is on you to define your parameters so, as per CSR rules, if something isn’t mentioned it is therefore allowed. You opened Pandora’s box so don’t caveat your apology with “but he didn’t do the thing my way” when you didn’t tell anyone how you’d be willing to accept EV’s in the first place.

3 Likes