New minor update coming soon?

Will there be a minor update coming soon to keep things fresh? a body and maybe a new engine to play with?

Look here and here to see what is coming in a few months (I’d guess around 2 months at least, but this is not official information). Also take a look at the other recent Youtube videos.

No new engines until the content adding phase during campaign balancing (probably 6 months+ away).

[quote=“Der Bayer”]Look here and here to see what is coming in a few months (I’d guess around 2 months at least, but this is not official information). Also take a look at the other recent Youtube videos.

No new engines until the content adding phase during campaign balancing (probably 6 months+ away).[/quote]

ok

do you have a recording or clip of an engine build from back when the b to s ratio was unrestricted? I want to see the dyno’s for the long stroke and tiny bore, and large bore and tiny stroke.

I see what ***you ***did there… :stuck_out_tongue:

youtube.com/watch?v=ryaZHUPqW-o

This is the earliest video they ***have ***of the block tab. They had fixed block sizes. Within those sizes, your choices were still ***limited ***to a specific bore and stroke range.

[quote=“Slim Jim”]I see what ***you ***did there… :stuck_out_tongue:

youtube.com/watch?v=ryaZHUPqW-o

This is the earliest video they ***have ***of the block tab. They had fixed block sizes. Within those sizes, your choices were still ***limited ***to a specific bore and stroke range.[/quote]

interesting, but too bad ill never get to see the dyno of the stupid powerful engines. can’t make engines more than 50+ percent efficient. need more stroke.
If only they would add a separate sandbox mode later on with infinite options and leave the restrictions to the campaign more engines would be available to build.

Not going to happen. Not the way it looks now and according to the answers the devs have given on this subject earlier.

You already are able to build 2000kW engines: 2 MegaWatt Insanity. I’m guessing the limit will be further after we get the V16s… I can’t quite imagine road legal car that needs anything more…

You are already able to build 60+ percent efficiency engines: First Engine to reach 63.69% Economy

I would not want to have infinite options/limits if the calculation wouldn’t be accurate too and I think that is quite impossible. If you want to play game with broken limits and values you can already edit the engine .lua files to get stupid results.
In my opinion the game is versatile enough at the moment. You can’t have it all. If there would be no limits then the accuracy would be poor and I would not want to try to create and tune engine if I already know that I can’t compare it to real life. At the moment the situation for me is perfect. Values calculated by the game are close enough to real life so it makes sense to compare those with real cars. Otherwise we could end up having game with “automation physics” and “automation horse powers” and to what you could compare those with?

Last I checked the game engine’s lua files were either compiled or encrypted… or did you mean the normal engine lua files?

The normal engine files can be edited, not the game engine. If you know how to mess with those, you can make some pretty obscene engines.

[quote=“JussiE”]

You already are able to build 2000kW engines: 2 MegaWatt Insanity. I’m guessing the limit will be further after we get the V16s… I can’t quite imagine road legal car that needs anything more…

You are already able to build 60+ percent efficiency engines: First Engine to reach 63.69% Economy

I would not want to have infinite options/limits if the calculation wouldn’t be accurate too and I think that is quite impossible. If you want to play game with broken limits and values you can already edit the engine .lua files to get stupid results.
In my opinion the game is versatile enough at the moment. You can’t have it all. If there would be no limits then the accuracy would be poor and I would not want to try to create and tune engine if I already know that I can’t compare it to real life. At the moment the situation for me is perfect. Values calculated by the game are close enough to real life so it makes sense to compare those with real cars. Otherwise we could end up having game with “automation physics” and “automation horse powers” and to what you could compare those with?[/quote]

I tried editing the engine’s file but there was no effect.

In which ways did you edit it? You can have major effects if you do it properly.