NFS Tuners Challenge (OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS - DEADLINE EXTENDED)

2002 Ryuji Rubik, Underground edition.

10 Likes

2009 (KOSHIRO MOTORSPORTS) 2006 HAKARU CARICA HSi TOURING STAGE II (NUMBER 000168)
12 Likes

This Wagon R is :fire:
I want.

REMINDER THAT RESUBMISSIONS ARE ACCEPTED GIVEN THE RECENT BALANCE UPDATE

The deadline will not be extended, however.

2 Likes

Photos

Original car:

2004 Bazard Dakar

Side note: the original Bazard Dakar (not the tuner itself) experienced a fixture bug which made it lose a few fixtures; specifically, the headlight assembly and sliding doors’ tracks. That is why the shape and placement of these parts on the 2 cars might not be exactly 1-1 equal.

4 Likes

Ah, the Draco Outrider.

A nice big engine, a classy 60s muscle exterior, and a plush, luxurious interior. Find out more here.

Perfect for LS swapping, rice and stickers.

What?

Yep. A carbon roof, race seats and a carbon interior, carbon diffusers… And a 6.2L LS3 engine. Why? Tbh, it’s because I had this nice car ready to tune, but it had an 8L engine. So I went with the least sensible, most stereotypical engine possible. Add new rims, plenty of carbon, roof scoops, and some stickers… I just massacred my boy. Rip. It gets a new supercar-inspired fascia, supercar rear lights… It’s a ruined muscle car.

The basics are still the same, mind you. Steel panels, solid axles, ladder chassis - yep, minor mods only.

Edit: I have been informed that this is not the side of NFS the challenge is about, and this is not what Ldub wants to review. I am leaving it up, and it’s up to LDub whether this gets dunked on or ignored.

5 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s wrong with it? I’ve never played NFS, so I don’t know what “sides” of NFS there are, but it seems to fit the rules and inspirations in the first post as well as I can see…

Basically? This is intentionally not a good car. It is a deliberately poorly-modded car. Excessive carbon, poorly-fitting wing, incongruent lights and grille - it’s a mishmash of design cliches you were rewarded for or would stumble into easily in the various games, on a classic car where none of those are even remotely good. Many of the elements can be done well, don’t get me wrong - there’s even parts I like. It’s just not done well, on purpose, because it represents the “one size fits all” modding of that era of NFS.

3 Likes

It’s more that “NFS” isn’t actually what I truly wanted. Mostly stock, stickered out monstrosities don’t appeal to me as much as highly modified, thoughtfully stickered out monstrosities

3 Likes

Valiant Tempest

9 Likes

Mr. Supercruise: The baddest Arlington Archprince ever

A body-on-frame tuner!?
EVERYONE!!!!!
This flavor text sucks

This is an Arlington Archprince cop car. Very powerful for the era - a muscle-car 5.0 V8 made sure of that. But by the 2000s, the old cop cars were being retired for another generation, and this one was sold off at an auction. The buyer? A street racer, ironically.

Lowered suspension. Newer, alloy-blocked engine stroked out to 6.2 liters and tuned to the max for 560 horsepower; active dampers, lightweight interior, stick shift from a Foxhound, top-of-the-line diff. Nevermind the solid axle, this car is now a monster on the road. It also wrecks fellow cop cars.

Stats Model Year....................................................................................................1993
Make.....................................................................................................Arlington
Engine.......................................................377 CID V8 SOHC 24v D-FI 562 hp
Transmission...................................................6-speed manual console-shifted
Drivetrain.............................................RWD Longitudinal 3.65:1 Final Drive
Chassis............................................................................Body-on-Frame 115 in
Dimensions (L/W).............................................................................213 in/72 in
Weight.....................................................................................................4112 lbs
Front Suspension.....................................................................Short/Long Arm
Rear Suspension........................................Four-Link Coil-Sprung Solid Axle
Wheels.....................Alloy 17-inch R275/50 front, 18-inch R325/40 rear tires
Brakes.............................................Vented steel, 6-piston front, 4-piston rear

Performance
0-62 Acceleration........................................................................................3.9 s
Top Speed.............................................................................................186 mph
62-0 braking..............................................................................................108 ft
Skidpad grip.............................................................................................1.15 g
1/4 mile time............................................................................................12.06 s
Fuel Economy (Combined, EPA)......................................................16.6 mpg

Gallery

8 Likes

We’ve all been there. Garage full of great cars, fast cars, and yet, there, lurking in the back of the lot is the car you started with.

This Sinistra Serenade is the prime example of what you get for maxing out the starter car. The 155 horsepower 2.0 liter boxer 4? 420 horsepower thanks to a mighty turbo strapped to it. The somewhat unresponsive 5 speed manual? Now a six speed from a later model. The skinny-ass eco tires? Replaced with 205mm wide sports tires. That awful “barely-effective” viscous LSD? Swapped for a geared unit.

Then came the minor upgrades. Aggressive front bumper to let the air in. Carbon vented hood. Spoiler to keep the rear end from trying to become the front end. Front lip and canards to keep the drive wheels digging into the pavement. Vortex generators to reduce drag. A race diffuser and undertray kit. Bigger brakes, with discs in the rear. Lowered, stiffer springs and dampers, stiffer swaybars. Aftermarket traction control.

But, of course, it’s the starting car. The best you can do visually is to swap a few parts out for carbon, install a fart cannon, add daytime running lights to the headlight buckets, give it some new rims, some carbon-fiber sideskirts, and a wicked new paint job.

And yet, despite better cars in your arsenal, you just can’t quite bring yourself to sell it. It’s not the fastest thing you own, but it’s the first car you used to make money when street racing. Now, with your skills honed from faster cars, can this slower one give you the edge you need to survive?

Photos of the Original Car

Unashamedly the same car used in AGC22.

6 Likes
fucking shit ass fuck useless rundned motherufkcing pice of shit suck myu balls

bruh this dude is really entering the challenge that he disowned

Mercer Scorpion Basedworks “RatRuined”

Backstory
The world was recovering from a financial crisis, but that didn't stop the goofy ah mfs from Basedworks from doing a dangerous amount of drugs and making whatever the fuck this is. Basically, they took found this classic muscle car in a junkyard, threw a massive v12 from a random supercar in it, and tuned it to 900 hp for some reason, even though it is completely useless as the thing has been slammed so low to the ground, it will get destroyed when it goes over a god damn grain of sand
the original car+compared to what is left of it (not much)

11 Likes

1990 ZKF 2300i R5 quadra (C5)

Includes a whole load of upgrades including a modified Ursula inline-6, new panels and suspension, as well as load of stuff which is too much to mention in a single line anyway.

More images

Stock vehicle

5 Likes

Got my submission in:

The FMC Sidewinder has matured throughout the years. This model year (2009) is known for its angular front grille - and with the “S” model - paired with large Hella fog lights and a modest lip. The “S” is equipped with a 245HP 2.7L Inline 6, and the car displays a perfect 50/50 weight balance thanks to some crafty engineering.
The modified version here is more in line with a Mines car. It has some forged engine internals, a mild but responsive turbo, reasonable fuel economy, and a mean wing in back to flaunt a little. Tuned to 361 HP @ 8400RPM, it pairs well with a lowered suspension and Enkei wheels. The exhaust is enlarged and tipped at an angle for clearance…and because that’s what the cool kids do. The owner of this one even re-geared the rear end so the top speed shifts from 170’s to 195, just to play superhero on the freeway.
I don’t know if we’re supposed to delve into what drugs it was hauling, but if someone asks, it was molly. PLUR, bitches----now race me!

5 Likes

Its exterior styling in general is 5-10 years out of date, but at least the mods for the tuned version fit the general shape of the car.

1 Like

True the exterior styling I view is more timeless like a Kouki 240sx and a bit Skyline-ish with the gaping maw. I always struggle with the rear fascia in Automation, due to the lack of fixtures compared with the front so I’m not as happy with the backend.

The exterior dates itself but that’s what a tuner car ends up being… It’s always about 10 years before a car like this gets rid of “secretary or hairdresser car” status and ends up being something coveted eventually…and then about 10 more years before the same cars are virtually unobtainable due to being picked up by enthusiasts. I’m still hunting for my third Mk3 Supra for similar reasons (of insanity).

Take care,

1 Like

24 hours till entries are due!

make sure to check your entries, and remember that resubmissions are free

I have received entries from:

@Madrias
@Lanson
@BannedByAndroid
@LS_Swapped_Rx-7
@Texaslav
@Fayeding_Spray
@AMuteCrypt