Niata Trackday - [ SUBMISSIONS CLOSED ]

Really? I thought this got fixed in the most recent patch, is it still the case?

Was this the issue in question?
Screenshot 2022-01-11 122908

EDIT: Actually, I think I understand what you’re saying, if they simply just edit the original file and submit it, Automation considers them all the same car, no?

I thought that may have been changed for 4.2 (I know that Hi and cake_ape have been complaining for ages now) but I’m not sure. I would tell people to click that new “clone all” button after importing because I know for sure that that won’t override anything.

2 Likes

Wait, there’s a new “clone all” button???

yeah, it says something along the lines of “Clone Model, Variants, Engine Family, and Engine Variants”

1 Like

Inspirations: BMW is a bit out of its weight class, I think. It’s heavier and the styling of the model is different.

The general style of the aero pieces was the idea, not how the car looks.

I threw that last one in as a joke because it looked so bad :flushed: should I remove it so people don’t take it seriously

I don’t know but maybe we should find something that looks like a lightweight sports car, the cars presented are more likely to be perceived as rivals. Also, given the specifications, it could be a rather complicated vehicle to drive, like a Ferrari, which is only for real professional racers. Note that nobody is usually proud of ferrari cars, at least I haven’t noticed, you can find reviews of some mercedes or bugatti, dodge, bmw or bentley. Even having been on the track, many pilots say nothing about the superb handling qualities of the ferrari models. And that’s because it’s so complicated. Players who have copied this car have probably noticed that even a normal 200km/h high-speed corner can be a death trap for this bodywork. This is a vehicle for real professional and boring pilots, who have to perform all their actions in a very measured way. I suggest putting a Panoz GTR - 1 as a similar vehicle, and some other lightweight sports cars.

I have the impression that you didn’t get the intention of this competition. It’s to create a trackday miata based on the same car, as like in real life, there are miata only track days. I think it’s a cool idea and challenge, since it makes the design and engineering decisions between participants more comparable. The inspirations, to my understanding, have not been posted to create a bmw, but just a design inspiration, you know like, add wings, splitters and stuff. The claimed death trap of the miata body, does not have any impact on the challenge itself, and I also can tell you that it is not true. Just add more wing at the rear if you have that problem.

Also I think it’s a little bit silly, that after a competition has passed the ideation phase and started, to then come here question the main idea behind it.

2 Likes

And is it possible to change the motor?

If you read the rules, it says here.

4 Likes

I’m probably missing something in the rules about this, but i cant find it. Can we use the advanced trim settings or is it banned?

It turns out that Wheel Flares that is Wheel Arches can also be edited.
I’m going to strongly modify the wheels. @Warren_Boofit How are you going to check it?

It is also unclear why the car should turn out with such a weak motor - recently I accidentally created a variant that accelerated to 60 in 22 seconds. It’s clear that you have to lighten the weight a lot, but still less than 1870 pounds is unlikely to come down. All in all, you really gave a very difficult task.

All that remains to be done is to set up the transmission correctly.

I learned how to build tracks for the game, so if you want I can offer my own version, or complete a special order.

Wheels have a set max on rims, diameter and width so if you’re heavily modifying something that physically changes that wheel to be bigger than those, even if the stats don’t report it I can’t accept it. I’m not sure what the physics system takes into account regarding advanced settings but they’ll fall under the same rules as any fixture in the event it seems cheat-y.

The game allows you to change the shape of the wheel, down to the angle of the tread. It seems to me that this is not cheating.

But modifying the wheels makes it difficult to assess the exact measurements of the specifications.

I believe it honestly shouldn’t matter.

Btw I’ve updated the spreadsheets to show individual track times, and also threw the base niata’s times and scores in there to compare against. The remaining Sample Cars in there will be phased out as more submissions roll in, they just represent a “high” and “low” end version of the car I used for testing, although the high end has already been beaten by asdren’s test submission lolol

1 Like

Do you intend to publish the result as they get submitted or at the end? I think having the results posted at the end is more interesting. Otherwise one might not submit until they get to a certain point, or not at all.

Tough Call, I did want people to see track scores real time, but there is a lot of danger in having a goal everyone should hit, I might think on a way to either hide scores or prohibit view of certain categories.

I think maybe a good decision would be to make it so everyone can see the current final score leaderboard (that first sheet), but none of the others until the end.

1 Like