Niata Trackday - [ SUBMISSIONS CLOSED ]

How much changes on the look we can change in the challenge, like can we make a kit car using the miata as the base with the same value and such.

If you have a body kit idea, go for it, o did say in the rules not to edit anything body morph wise outside of fenders and bumpers but if looks cool and isn’t broke I’d say go for it.

I’m considering extending submissions, to ensure we get enough in that the ranking system works more effectively.

Are convertibles allowed? (I’ll still add a roll cage)

maybe, u can cut the roof off i guess

For sure if you’re willing.

Stupid question but here it goes…

I always get binned in competitions where I have to clone the engine, I think I got it right like ONCE. So, will that fancy new button take all the guesswork out and clone everything that needs to be cloned in one click?

HRP Niata 300T Competition

More Info and pictures

Built by the HRP Racing Team, the 300T Competition is a fully track spec Niata. Thanks to a stage 3 turbo setup, the 1.8L inline 4 now produces 300 hp and a big slab of torque. Every aspect of the car has been stripped down and modified, which includes and is not limited to:

• Competition Suspension
  • Aggressive limited slip differential
  • Track ready brakes and discs
  • FIA Approved Roll-Cage
  • FIA Approved Bucket Seat
  • Adjustable Rear Wing
  • Front Splitter
  • Front brake cooling ducts
  • Stage 3 Intercooler
  • Upgraded water and oil cooler
  • Lightweight forged wheels
  • 215/235 Semi slicks

7 Likes

If you want to know why the car has the motor it does, ask Mazda (the company, not the forum member). The Miata was intended as a small, light, cheap and nimble sports car. This required a small, light, cheap and responsive engine - a simple naturally-aspirated inline-four which they also used in passenger cars. It’s not a fast car, it’s a car that you can drive fast.

What does that have to do with Max Verstappen? He drives formula 1 cars that produce a power of in the range of 950 hp.

Wait, does the exterior auto have to stay the same? I’ve already done the exterior, but now I feel like it would be inappropriate or wrong.

I believe it should. The only error I’ve had as of late with it is I used it, the car created had an empty engine but just because it cloned the engine and the car but didn’t link the two.

1 Like

You mean the car that the challenge is about?

I did the appearance a long time ago, all that’s left is to do the stuffing. But the design of this car is far from similar to the cars presented here, you can only recognize the body.

So first question, were you initially working on the car attached in the first post? Second, did you change anything in regards to what body morph was being used? I am confused what you mean your design is different, as long as it follows the rules it should be fine.

I think they built a kit-car with the miata as the base or smt like that

The new squeeze track car copied the original dimensions of the chassis, but was nevertheless built from scratch.
Here we use LED volume lights and a worm differential. All other data is secret, as soon are going to be joint races and time-trials.
The car retains its oversteer but requires a professional driver-pilots skill and use of the racing wheel.
The Rodster II Mano stry has according to LVAP’s company vision –
Perfect 289hp turbocharged engine, all the power of which has been squeezed from the original 1.8 liter 110 ci Miata motor.
The motor, according to the contest regulations, was told to make a certain displacement, so we can say that to some extent the original model was used.
Nurburgring GP times are classified, but we can say that it has caught up with the results of the 420-powered BMW M3.

Here it has a black color, on the race track it will come out in purple.

Used 91/125 record fixtures, not a record but quite a lot.

1 Like

a what

So, I only just had a look over this challenge in depth, and I don’t think this is the best thing to have, especially giving so many points. Likes on the forums are pretty much just a scale based on how well known/liked the poster of the car is. I think points should probably be dropped to a 3-2-1 scale, rather than the quite heavy 10-5-2.5 you have rn.

1 Like

I’m assuming they mean a worm gear style differential? Though as far as I’m aware, the only car company to use them over the more conventional helix style diff was Peugeot back in the 50’s and 60’s.

2 Likes