Not Quite a Car Thread

For designs that are made in automation and are revolving loosely around cars, but the car is not the centre of attention/it’s not an actual car. I’ll kick it off again with my remake of the PGR4 game cover using Automation (some may have seen it on the discord already).

The backstory: recently I’ve been playing a lot of PGR4 after I’d been told by numerous people it was one of the best arcade racers of all time. Well, after diving into the career I fell in love with the game, and I’ve now completed the entirety of singleplayer. I thought I’d commemorate it by giving it my own spin, and what better way than using automation.

Does One’s 8-Wheeler Count Towards This Thread, Good Sir?

10 Likes

While you’re at it, you might want to recreate the cover of Blur, Bizarre Creations’ ill-fated spiritual successor to Project Gotham Racing. Here it is:

(PS3 cover art shown)

Considering the E82 1-Series can now be easily replicated using a vanilla body (the '09 BMW-esque one with a ~2.65m wheelbase), and there is also a mod body that closely resembles the mid-Noughties Ford GT, I would also like to see a replica of Blur’s cover art - and for good measure, try doing it for all three ports if you can (PS3, Xbox 360, PC).

1 Like

I can try but good Lord that’s gonna be hard

Believe me, it will be worth it if you get it right - Blur is an underrated game nowadays, and one that deserved much more success than it got.

2 Likes

Not finished the detailing but was excited to post this one. This is really fitting of this thread

5 Likes

This is a really, really old thread but it’s mine so eh.
My passion other than cars is watches, so naturally the two were bound to collide, right? Well, sort of. I decided that, instead of making a watch in Autodesk or Blender, I’d pay homage to Omega in the most excruciatingly difficult way possible - with automation.

4 Likes