Off Road Coupe/hatchback: Challenge [Closed]

I decided to start a my first challenge, for that reason ill try to keep it simple. You are tasked with making a 2 door coupe or 3 door hatchback with off-road capability. example below

Game version and mods
-You must be running the Lite Campaign V2 update (B161009)
-no mods allowed
rules

• Years allowed are in between 1970 - 1992
  • Body style must be 3 door Hatchback or 2 door coupe.
  • Weight must be under 3200 Pounds (1451.496 Kilograms)
  • 6 Cylinders or less
  • Quality points Must be 0
  • Mass production parts only
  • 15,000 Cost With No Markup
  • Regular Unleaded Fuel only
  • minimum drivability 30

Judging
Your vehicle will be judged on:
-Price
-How it looks
-Weight (Lighter is better)
-Off-road Stat
-Safety Stat
-Avg. Reliability
-Economy

Entry
To enter, Namethe trims this
MODEL: ORC: username
TRIM: Car Name
ENGINE:ORC: username
VARIANT: engine Name
export and submit to my profile via message attachment.
Challenge End extended to on February 13th 2017

People Who Have Entered:
@HighOctaneLove
@DeusExMackia
@Sillyducky
@Zabhawkin
@Madrias
@one85db
@gridghost
@VicVictory

6 Likes

May I enquire as to why you do not have other mods?

I like the idea, but it is much too difficult to figure out which mods are which, at least it is for me.

Looks are subjective, and IMO not a good criterion for judging.

I will also point out the deadline is 4 days, which is generally not good. For standalone challenges, you want a week, to a week and a half minimum

I would do Sunday the 5th for a deadline because that gives people this weekend and then Friday and Saturday next week to make cars. You can also grade them Sunday to get results back quick

looks like a good challenge, just two complaints though which have been already stated, the due date for everything and the fact only one mod is allowed, wouldn’t it be simpler just to say vanilla only since mods can be toggled on/off in the launcher

Rules have been changed!

Any requirements regarding fuel types? I suspect that regular unleaded will be mandatory since it is the only unleaded fuel type available in every year of the eligibility period. And can we use turbos, or must our cars be normally aspirated?

Regular only, sorry this is my first challenge so i will make mistakes.

1 Like

welcome to the challenge club then! I will take part because it seems retarded but fun, my style.

1 Like

I humbly recommend that you use this format:

MODEL: comp name: username
TRIM: free to name car
ENGINE: comp name: username
VARIANT: free to code/name engine

Example:

ORC-HighOctaneLove
Mountain Goat Sport
ORC-HighOctaneLove
4B25E

This is the standardised format for all competitions, plus it’ll make finding competitors much easier plus re-naming the export zip can cause the file to become corrupt!

Best of luck with your first challenge!

6 Likes

thank you

2 Likes

Count me in dude. How will each categorie be scored?

1 point per best stat, -1 point for worst the one with the most points win.

As your first challenge with a fun premise and with an open attitude that you’ve shown we’ll be very happy to help you refine the ruleset to make it clear and easy. But as somebody else said you’ll need to extend the deadline somewhat to give us time to make entries after the rules are finalised. May I suggest one extra week?

Also inb4 Lancia Stratos replica.

3 Likes

i would be ok with that.

Here is my entrant for the ORC…

Presenting the 1992 Bogliq Mountain Goat Sport!

A homologation special, the Mountain Goat was built so that people who wanted a unique entrant for competitions like the Paris-Dakar or Baja 1000 had a ready-built turn-key option available.

Serviced by regular Bogliq dealerships, the Mountain Goat provides an unique driving experience. And all this for a costed $11,800 (plus dealer mark-up and on road taxes) per unit!

Buy better, buy Bogliq!

4 Likes

Regular leaded or unleaded?

Erin will be enterting the positively un-mighty Erin Visto Expedition Edition from 1983!

7 Likes

judging by how all markets have leaded banned during the build years of the challenge, i assume unleaded

2 Likes